I recently graduated from university, so I should have more time on my hands to write. Professionally, I'm a pet-sitter until I figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I love to write fanfiction and love to read it, so I hope you find my work worth your time, even if there isn't very much of it.
I also edit what I've already posted somewhat often, so it's always worth going back for a reread (which you'll probably want to do anyway since the time between chapter updates is considerable.)
I'm writing a single VERY LONG novel-of-a-thing called "the Sound Inside a Shell", which is a marauder-era fic mostly. It's been my brain-child for - oh.... - six years or so. It's a slow and steady road, but I hope you'll find it worth the trip.
I'm ALSO writing a series of one-shots now, called "Portraits," which I started doing because I had a lot of ideas that I really didn't want to expound into long chaptered stories, but still wanted to tell, but also because I feel guilty for leaving so many people hanging between chapters of "the Sound" so maybe this will appease you? I hope so!
All in all, I respect and admire this community so much and am so in love with being a part of it. Please enjoy what I put out for you guys (anyone who writes without an audience is writing in the dark) and yes, I ALWAYS respond to reviews, even if it's late. If you've taken the time to read my work and write a reply to it, I think you deserve MY time in writing back.
Published so far:
- The Sound Inside a Shell (Prologue, Chapters 1, 2 ,and 3)
* The prologue of TSIAS has been edited for the FINAL time and is MUCH MUCH better (in my opinion) than it ever has been, so go take a look. Working on edits for the published chapters now.
- Portraits: Dudley Dursley (A Muggle's Address) - this won an award for something, apparently! I don't know what for or when, but thank you to anyone who helped make that possible!
- Portraits: Minerva McGonagall (Ouroboros) - this...is getting edited. Reviews are welcome if you have any particular suggestions to help me edit!
Works in progress:
- TSIAS (always)
- Portraits: Argus Filch, Mrs. Norris, Molly Weasley, Rubeus Hagrid, the Sorting Hat, Fred Weasley II - if you have a request, let me know in a review of any of my stories!
- editing a "Portraits" piece I wrote that was rejected, which dealt with some heavy content related to Peter Pettigrew and Petunia Evans. It was rejected for totally valid reasons, but I think I was really on to something with the piece, so I'll be tinkering with it until it's ready for another submission.
Otherwise known as All Soraya's Fault.
Important note: I used the Student/Teacher warning as a precaution; the relationship in this story is between a teacher and his former student, for whom he had no feelings while she was under his tutelage. Just to be clear.
Another important note: I'm not JKR. She has a much nicer house.
Wow, I legitimately love this. Your characterization is great - I love seeing this side of Neville. And Molly is the perfect combination of well-meaning and respectful. She's not too pushy. I can't wait to see where you take this story! A lot of teacher/former-student fics are really painful to read, but this is so fluid and natural that I'm really sold so far. Keep up the good work!!