I am a 29 year-old college professor at a little university in the South. This semester, however, in addition to my usual freshman English classes, I'm teaching two sections on the Harry Potter series as literature. Seriously! Unfortunately, I spend a lot of the the time I'm supposed to be grading papers reading fanfic instead, and I've been writing it for about five years now. In fact, my chaptered fic, "Of Christmas Past," was the first story I wrote and it's still not finished...I'll finish eventually though, I promise! It was on hiatus for a while, but I've started it up again, so it might actually be finished this year.
"Of Christmas Past" was also nominated for the Best Cannon Romance Quicksilver Quill Award for 2009! I'm so excited! I mean, there are over three thousand stories in Romance, and at least fifteen hundred of those are cannon! And I was nominated twice! I don't even mind if I don't win, just to be nominated was an honor. Anyway, good luck to everyone else who was nominated!
Speaking of "Of Christmas Past," I'm very very sorry that it's taking me so long to update it. I keep having problems, and then encountering massive writer's block. But I will finish it eventually, even if it takes me five years. Hopefully it won't, but I won't abandon the story.
If you want to read these in chronological order, they are as follows:
1. "Langlock" - set during James and Lily's time
2. "Chasing Away the Dark" - Ginny's POV during the middle of OotP
3. " Among the Ranks of Heroes" - set right after Sirius' death in OotP
4. "Comforter and Comforted" - set a few days after Sirius' death in OotP
5. "The Monster ON Harry's Chest" - set in the middle of HBP
6. "Twice Lost" - set near the end of HBP
7. "Of Christmas Past" - originally set directly after HBP, but became Alternate Universe after DH came out. So, it's set during DH, but isn't totally cannon, since a few major details changed in DH.
8. "The Queen of May" - technically set during DH, but is mostly a flashback to Snape's childhood.
9. "Falling into Darkness" - set during DH
10. "The Tree by the Lake" - technically set right after the Battle of Hogwarts in DH, but is mostly flashbacks.
Indicates required fields. Please be respectful and polite when contacting an author.