The Carol Challenge!
by the opaleye @ 11/24/15 23:40
First Place: Good King Ragnuk by Oregonian
Christmas is only a couple of weeks away and we are bringing the festive cheer to MNFF!
This month we are taking some classic (and modern) Christmas songs and giving them a Harry Potter twist. Below is a list of titles and you can choose one (or more) to base your poem on. We have a mix of popular Christmas carols, traditional hymns and more alternative songs. So look through them, pick one that tickles your fancy and go for it! You can go with the original music or just write a completely new poem to fit the title. The choice is yours. I have provided the original carol/song title in brackets. I'm sure there is something to suit everyone, and why not go wild and google some of the titles you're unfamiliar with?
Please do not use more than 4 consecutive words from the original song.
- Good King Ragnuk [Good King Wenceslas]
- A Winter’s Charm [A Winter’s Tale by David Essex]
- Yule Ball Alphabet [Christmas Alphabet by The McGuire Sisters]
- Dragonhide Boots [Boots by The Killers]
- I Heard The Nymphs On Christmas Day [I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day]
- Carol of the Elves [Carol of the Bells]
- Weasley Wonderland [Winter Wonderland]
- Red Ribbon Kneazles [Red Ribbon Foxes by A Fine Frenzy]
- The Seeker’s Carol [The Sussex Carol]
- Chestnuts Roasting on a Hogwarts Fire [The Christmas Song]
- The Holly and the Nargles [The Holly and the Ivy]
- Goodbye, Hogwarts (Covered in Snow) [Goodbye, England (Covered in Snow) by Laura Marling]
- Ted’s Carol [I’ll Be Home for Christmas]
- The Hogsmeade Wassail [The Gloucestershire Wassail]
- The Cherry-Wand Carol [The Cherry-Tree Carol]
- Hogwarts for the Holidays [(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays]
- Wizarding Winter Hymnal [White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes]
This challenge is open until January 5th, 11:59pm GMT.
For more information click here.
Please post a link to your entry in the comments below or the challenge thread in the Great Hall on the Beta Boards. Use the form below:
Chosen Title and link: