The Carol Challenge!
by the opaleye @ 12/09/14 4:59
So whether you are getting ready for a summer of pavlova and days at the beach like me or you're up in the wintry North, Christmas is only a couple of weeks away and we are bringing the festive cheer to MNFF!
This month we are taking some classic (and modern) Christmas songs and giving them a Harry Potter twist. Check out the list of titles below and choose one (or more) to base your poem/song on. You can go with the original music or just write a completely new poem to fit the title. The choice is yours. I have provided the original carol/song title in brackets. I'm sure there is something to suit everyone.
Please do not use more than 4 consecutive words from the original song.
- An Azkaban Midwinter [In The Bleak Midwinter]
- Dumbledore’s Message [Gabriel’s Message]
- Hogwarts for the Holidays [(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays]
- Light Of The Lonely Wizard's/Witch's Heart [Light of the Lonely Pilgrim's Heart]
- Wizarding Winter Hymnal [White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes]
- Red Ribbon Kneazles [Red Ribbon Foxes by A Fine Frenzy]
- Molly’s Jolly Christmas [Holly Jolly Christmas]
- The Seeker’s Carol [The Sussex Carol]
- Yule Ball [Cool Yule]
- Ted’s Carol [I’ll Be Home for Christmas]
- Chestnuts Roasting on a Hogwarts Fire [The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)]
- Carol of the Elves [Carol of the Bells]
- Dragonhide Boots [Boots by The Killers]
- Goodbye, Hogwarts (covered in snow) [Goodbye, England by Laura Marling]
- I Heard The Nymphs On Christmas Day [I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day]
- Lumos Merrily On High [Ding Dong Merrily On High]
- The Holly and the Nargles [The Holly and the Ivy]
This challenge is open until December 25th, 11:59pm GMT. For more information click here.
Please post a link to your entry in the comments below or the challenge thread in the Great Hall on the Beta Boards. Use the form below:
Chosen Title and link: