Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Minor Characters

Periwinkle

Minor Characters

Do you have that question about Susan Bones? Have you searched the Lexicon but cannot for the life of you find the answer? Then post your question here and it'll get answered.

This thread is for quick queries for minor characters like: Angelina, Katie, Avery, Fenrir and so on. Happy posting!

I have a question of my own about the couple Bellatrix and Rodolphus. Which one of them is the more agressive, unafraid, and skilled? We know so little about them, and I'm split for whom to go for. Opinions?

ms weasley
    I get the impression that, though they are both very aggressive (as Death Eaters), Bellatrix seems to be the more unafraid, and in control. For example, in the Pensieve scene in Book 4, when we see them being tried for torturing Frank and Alice Longbottom, Bellatrix is the one who speaks aloud, and tells them that Voldemort will rise again. I get the impression that Rodolphus is very mysterious, but would rather just go out and kill than talk.

Also, Bella is an eldest child, which would tend to make her dominant, and perhaps even over-confident. It just seems fitting that she is very aggressive and unafraid. But I would say she is a skilled duellist, judging on her defeat of Sirius.

sayiansirius
    I also think that Bellatrix is the more aggressive and unafraid one. JK has always put an emphasis on her harsh looks and that should mean something. Also, because of the reason that ms weasley said. In the pensieve scene, she was the one who spoke up and announced Voldemorts return while the rest stood shut.

Also, I think she is more skilled at dueling. She is quick to kill and would fight anyone. Even Dumbledore (I guess this makes her unafraid). Her killing Sirius also showed how harsh and cruel she is - her own cousin.

little_kitty
    I would think that Bellatrix is more aggressive than Rodolphus. She seems very independent, very sure of herself. She usually seems to have a certain amount of control over situations. Just think back to the way she tortured the Longbottoms into insanity. We know that she’s probably very good at duelling, and she’s very, VERY loyal to Voldemort. Like the others said, she was the one who spoke up and announced Voldemort’s return, and she seems pretty certain that she is the most favoured of all the Death Eaters. Also, she didn’t get recaptured after the mass breakout in HBP, but Rodolphus did get recaptured. Does that mean anything?

--Little Kitty

whittyleah
    I see both of them being strong, but I see Bellatrix being the dominant one. Maybe not in public, I would see that as being frowned upon in Pureblood society. I have always seen Bellatrix being able to bend most people to her will... I don't know enough about Rodolphus to know of he would as well.

Periwinkle
    Thanks guys, that really has helped. I think that I've got what I need now.

Bella's the more skilled, more dominant, more clever. Rodolphus is quieter, more of the one who'd carry out the plans or help when needed. Thanks again!

MorganRay

spies/age

However, now for my question (s):

Who do we know (besides Snape and Peter) that were informants and spies? Was there a network of people, and if so, who were they?

Also, what are other canon characters besides Snape that would probably be in the same year as the Maurauders or would be two years older or younger than them? The dates on many of the characters births aren't given, but do you have any logic that leads you to believe they are a certain age?

GringottsVault711
    Correction, Morgan: As established by the dates on the Black Family Tree that JKR released, Bella is the oldest, then Andromeda, then Narcissa.

Not something in the books, so easy to miss, but regarded as canon.

cherryandphoenixfeather
    I don't think any other spies/double-crossers have been mentioned.

The school-age contemporaries of the Marauders: Lucius was in seventh year when they were in first year; it's commonly believed that Alice and Frank Longbottom were at school with them. Other than that, you could slip in mentions of the parents of other Hogwarts students around Harry's year, though this is often cliche and you'd need to be careful.

CCCC
    Quote Originally Posted by MorganRay
    However, now for my question (s):

Who do we know (besides Snape and Peter) that were informants and spies? Was there a network of people, and if so, who were they?
    There was a man called Rookwood (whose has two different first names mentioned in the series, Augustus, and something else) who may have been reasonably high up in Ministry's spy network, and he passed along a lot of information to Voldemort.