Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Question Corner # 2

tha_looney_one
    How long does it usually take for the weeklies to be judged?

I'm new to them, so I'm not sure and the fire prompt was the first contest I've entered, so I'm sorta twitchy.

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    tha_looney_one: Actually, we just finished. Lol. I'll be posting in a bit. We usually take two or three days due to the reading, and then choosing just THREE winners. It's a hard job. XD

Cheers!

~Gato Loco

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

R_Ravenclaw
    I'm VERY new to the Three Broomsticks, and I have a couple questions.

I'll soon be posting in the October/November Monthly Challenge and was wondering if there were winners to that? Just curious. And, also for that challenge, do you have to wait until the challenge is completed to post your drabble in your own personal thread, or can you post them at the same time? Does it matter?

Thanks!

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Ravenclaw
    I'm VERY new to the Three Broomsticks, and I have a couple questions.

I'll soon be posting in the October/November Monthly Challenge and was wondering if there were winners to that? Just curious.

Yep, at the end of November winners will be chosen for that challenge.

And, also for that challenge, do you have to wait until the challenge is completed to post your drabble in your own personal thread, or can you post them at the same time? Does it matter?

Thanks!

No problem. You can post it in your own thread whenever you want, even before the challenge deadline is fine with me!

Good Luck!

Pondering
    I'm a teensy bit confused about the October/November monthly challenge.

Are we meant to write about a charcater that we used to dislike, but now like, or a character that we dislike and the excerpt shows why we dislike them? Or is it either? *has a few hopping plot bunnies *

--Tash

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondering
    I'm a teensy bit confused about the October/November monthly challenge.

Are we meant to write about a charcater that we used to dislike, but now like, or a character that we dislike and the excerpt shows why we dislike them? Or is it either? *has a few hopping plot bunnies *

--Tash

Used to dislike. You don't necessarily have to like them now, either, just try to show a more in-depth (and realistic) take on them and look around for other opinions on the forums and see if maybe you've changed your mind about them just a teeny bit. I hope that was less confusing than the original instructions, lol

pokethedevil
    Hello!

I'm working on my entry for the monthly challenge and I was wondering, do we have to write about one character only? I mean, can we choose a whole family? Like the Dursleys, they're all a bit similar, aren't they? I'm not talking about specifically every one of the Durleys, but just the Dursley family in general.

MithrilQuill
    I guess that's fine, just make sure you characterize them realistically and keep in mind that they aren't all just one lump, but actually three different people.

h_vic
    Quick question - in the musical thoughts round robin, do any song lyrics that we quote count in the word count?

Thanks,

~Hannah

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    h_vic: Yes, lyrics from the song count towards the 150 word limit.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!