Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Question Corner # 2

BeautifulDreamer07
    Hey Mithril!

I was just trying to come up with something for the June Monthly Challenge and I had a good idea...but I don't know if it's legal. So here's my question.

Does the drabble have to be from Blaise's POV or can I have another character watching Blaise and it be from their POV?

If it has to be from Blaise's POV then it's no big deal. I'll just come up with something else.

Hallie

MithrilQuill
    I'll let you do that, just as long as Blaise is the main focus of the Drabble.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors

I was wondering about the limits of our freedom in our drabble threads... So far I've been double-posting every now and then, and no one pointed out that it shouldn't be done, since I see that almost everyone does it. Well, I don't really get any comments for a while now, but I keep on piling my drabbles in my thread. So, I was wondering if double, triple, quadraple post are allowed. I'm sorry for asking such a thing, but it's always better to make sure than regret, isn't it?

Oh, while I'm here - when our thread is so full of old drabbles, are we allowed to start a new one? If yes, what happens to our old thread?

Thanks, Mithril! I'll PM you about it when I gather the courage to say goodbye to my old thread
    The Run of the Mill

The phenomenal banner is by MissBean

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by kehribar
    I was wondering about the limits of our freedom in our drabble threads... So far I've been double-posting every now and then, and no one pointed out that it shouldn't be done, since I see that almost everyone does it. Well, I don't really get any comments for a while now, but I keep on piling my drabbles in my thread. So, I was wondering if double, triple, quadraple post are allowed. I'm sorry for asking such a thing, but it's always better to make sure than regret, isn't it?

Yes, it is, I'm glad you asked. Double and triple posting is fine if you have a new drabble, but try to use your judgement and not overdo it. If it's still near the top of the first page you could just edit. But yeah, it's fine.

Oh, while I'm here - when our thread is so full of old drabbles, are we allowed to start a new one? If yes, what happens to our old thread?

Thanks
    You're only allowed one thread so if you wanted to start fresh the other one would be closed. I could delete it for you, or, if you want me to keep it a while so you can save all the comments you got I could store it for a couple of days. But yeah, when you want to start a new one, PM me and I'll close/delete the old one.

hpluver365
    What happened to the Most Helpful User? Kate won for May, but no ones been picked for June, which is almost over.

CJ

EDIT: Oh. I get it! Thanks!

MithrilQuill
    Oh, I picked the May one at the end of May so I'll do the same for June. It's like...the person who was the most helpful throughout June...

Sorry if that wasn't too clear in the thread, but yeah, I tend to award stuff at the end of the Month...

Gin_Drinka
    Um, I was just wondering, can we still sumbit to the June challenge...I've never been sure of the last day of a challenge...is it always the last day of the month? Sorry for the dumb question...and while I'm at it, can the Blaise story be told from his point of view, but be mostly about his mother? It's still about his opinion of her and told in his own way though. Annnnnnd...I'm not on my computer, I'm at my grandparents to help with my 12 little cousins, and they don't have a word count here, so I'm probably just gonna have to count, is it okay if I'm not entirely accurate? Thanks in advance...
    Mia

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin_Drinka
    Um, I was just wondering, can we still sumbit to the June challenge...I've never been sure of the last day of a challenge...is it always the last day of the month? Sorry for the dumb question...and while I'm at it, can the Blaise story be told from his point of view, but be mostly about his mother? It's still about his opinion of her and told in his own way though. Annnnnnd...I'm not on my computer, I'm at my grandparents to help with my 12 little cousins, and they don't have a word count here, so I'm probably just gonna have to count, is it okay if I'm not entirely accurate? Thanks in advance...
    Mia

Yeah, you have until tomorrow to submit it. I usually post the new challenge thread a day before the old one closes so everyone has a bit of a warning. As long as you see the thread open you can submit, but I'll be closing it tomorrow.

It can be about his mother and what he thinks of her, yes.

I really only care that there aren't more than 500 words so I don't care so much if it's not accurate, just try to make sure it's not too long and doesn't go overboard.

Pepper Imp
    Do we have to have a thread in The Three Broomsticks to participate in the monthly drabble challenges? Are there any other requirements?

Sorry, this is my first time considering doing a drabble challenge.

BeautifulDreamer07
    Just a generic question:

What sorts of things do you look for in the monthly challenge drabbles? Like, what sets the winning drabbles apart from the others and what sorts of things give a drabble that extra "oomph"? Is it orginiality? Writing style? Theme?

Just asking. I love participating in the challenges and I was curious on how you pick the winners. It doesn't really matter to me if I win or not, though. Feel free to complete disregard this if you feel it's innapropriate. *hides*