Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: The Question Corner # 2

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Do the charges for mistakes in stories stretch over to drabbles as well, or is that only for teh archives? ;-)

Thanks,
    BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainyn Swiftfoot
    Do the charges for mistakes in stories stretch over to drabbles as well, or is that only for teh archives? ;-)

Thanks,
    BB
    I'm sorry to say this but yes, please look here for further information.

Happy drabbling!
    ~Gato Loco

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Stubbornly_appeared

Monthly

Hi!

For the March/April Monthly, do we submit the one-shot to its appropriate, 'normal' category or to contest submissions? Because when I go to contest submissions, I don't see something specific to this challenge.

Thanks!

MithrilQuill
    It goes into whatever normal cat it fits best in, there's no special one for this challenge!

Rushia
    In the rules for the March/April monthly, it says that we can submit 3 snippets of 50-200 words. But how many drabbles may we submit about the same world? If we don't do some of the other options, may we submit more than one?

Lord Great Chamberlain
    I've been wondering why the drabbles here are 500 words?

The true definition of a drabble is a work of exactly 100 words as per its origins at the Birmingham University in the 80s - its almost always 100 words in drabble contests elsewhere.

Surely 500 words falls more into the category of shortfic or flashfic?

- LBC

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Great Chamberlain
    I've been wondering why the drabbles here are 500 words?

The true definition of a drabble is a work of exactly 100 words as per its origins at the Birmingham University in the 80s - its almost always 100 words in drabble contests elsewhere.

Surely 500 words falls more into the category of shortfic or flashfic?

- LBC
    Hello LBC

I am very well aware of this definition. XD Particularly due my participation in other communities not on MNFF.

For all purposes, the 500 word limit was set up before the Ebil One was in charge of the weeklies. However, I'm going to quote the Wiki page on drabbles here: "The purpose of the drabble is brevity and to test the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space"

I'm going to assume that this loose definition was used so that authors could create a sort of plot into their entries. Even though, they should be technically called ficlets instead. XD

However, in a round-robin [which we have every couple of months], and in the QWC, the Ebil One and MQ enforce the true definition of a drabble.

Either way, if this is an issue, MQ and the Ebil One will be more than happy to discuss it but as you may know - word definitions evolve in time -shrugs-

I hope this answered your question - if you have any more concerns feel free to PM me or MQ
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

MissyQuill
    Ritta love, shouldn't the weekly be locked already, seeing as it is way over 2nd april. What if people enter late? Do their entries get to be judged too?

Sorry for being such a bother love. just wanted to know. *Squish*=Sammy

XhayleeXblackX
    Hello,

I was wondering when the next Most Helpful User Award would be announced?

Thanks for working so hard to give us this wonderful place to drabble and write.

-Haylee

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyQuill
    Ritta love, shouldn't the weekly be locked already, seeing as it is way over 2nd april. What if people enter late? Do their entries get to be judged too?

Sorry for being such a bother love. just wanted to know. *Squish*=Sammy
    -squishes Sammy for reminding me to be a good Barmaid-

I'll be locking it shortly, dear. XD
    And for the record, late entries aren't judged; hence, the deadline. =]

And you're not a bother.

Quote Originally Posted by XhayleeXblackX
    Hello,

I was wondering when the next Most Helpful User Award would be announced?

Thanks for working so hard to give us this wonderful place to drabble and write.

-Haylee
    Hey Haylee!
    MQ and I are on it. We're just having a bit of a hard time deciding. XD
    It should be posted within the week.

~Ebil One