Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Question Corner # 2

MithrilQuill
    Hmmm, yeah. Concentrate more on the world aspect of it than characterization of the one specific ghost and you should be fine. That sounds interesting, actually!

FullofLife
    Hi - for the monthly challenge, can the world... not be part of this world? How about my version of an afterlife?

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by FullofLife
    Hi - for the monthly challenge, can the world... not be part of this world? How about my version of an afterlife?

As long as you can link it to HP somehow, the tiniest bit...but that shouldn't be too hard to do after DH anyway. So yeah, just keep in mind that we want at least a very vague connection between your world and HP and you should be fine! These are sounding interesting, can't wait to see the entries!

MissyQuill
    Mith love, I'm going to expand a bit on TCole's questions.

If we can do two worlds and make different entries but let the two worlds remain seperate, doesn't that defeat the purpose of pairing up?

Quote Originally Posted by You
    Just make sure to separate the different places clearly when you enter and clearly identify them as different entries. For example If me and my partner had two worlds that we entered for the challenge and I was the one making the post I would format my post kind of like this:

Team: Mithril and MQ

Entry 1: World X

- One Shot
    - Drabbles
    - Banners/Pics
    - Snippets
    Can we devide an entry (clearly labeled) into two worlds? Lilke this:

Drabble, Banner 1, Snippet 1- World X
    One shot, Snippet 2, banner 2- World Y

=Sammy

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyQuill
    Mith love, I'm going to expand a bit on TCole's questions.

If we can do two worlds and make different entries but let the two worlds remain seperate, doesn't that defeat the purpose of pairing up?

Can we devide an entry (clearly labeled) into two worlds? Lilke this:

Drabble, Banner 1, Snippet 1- World X
    One shot, Snippet 2, banner 2- World Y

=Sammy

What I meant was that they needed to be distinguished as separate entries within the same post so I don't get confused when I'm looking at them. So yeah, we're essentially saying the same thing, we've just organized the post a little differently!

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

** Shly steps forward**

*whispers* : "Do we know when the winners will be announced the the Infamous Words #1 Weekly???"

*runs away*
    M.R.S.

hermy_loves_ron
    Hey,

I hate to sound pushy or anything (really! honest! ) but what's going on with the weeklies? Grading on previous weeklies seems to have stopped and there aren't any new ones going up, plus Rosmerta's Bulletein Board is out of date.

~Analisa

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Quote Originally Posted by hermy_loves_ron
    Hey,

I hate to sound pushy or anything (really! honest! ) but what's going on with the weeklies? Grading on previous weeklies seems to have stopped and there aren't any new ones going up, plus Rosmerta's Bulletein Board is out of date.

~Analisa
    That's entirely my fault. I'm judging the weeklies as I type this...and frantically posting a new one in an hour or so. I've fallen behind, and my apologies. -sigh-

-hugs-
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

MissyQuill
    Aww, poor Ritta. Never mind love, everyone gets behind once in a while. Anyway, my question:

For the weekly, Muggle Ads, is it ok to imply that our character has seen the ad and is reacting to it without really showing him/her seeing the ad in question?

Oh dear, does that question make any sense?=Sammy

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyQuill
    Aww, poor Ritta. Never mind love, everyone gets behind once in a while. Anyway, my question:

For the weekly, Muggle Ads, is it ok to imply that our character has seen the ad and is reacting to it without really showing him/her seeing the ad in question?

Oh dear, does that question make any sense?=Sammy
    -hugs=Sammy-
    XD

Yes, that question made sense. LOL
    It is perfectly fine to imply that your character has seen the ad and is reacting to it without really showing what type of ad it was - just make sure you add the slogan for the ad in some form or another.

Did that make sense?
    O.o
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!