Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Question Corner # 2

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Two questions: One, are we allowed to use OCs? Sorry if that is a stupid, already answered questions, by the way. And two, can we enter a drabble that we are planning to enter in a different challenge. I ask because the quote for this week inspired the end of my OC drabble for the monthly challenge. Again, sorry if those questions are repeated or obvious answers.

Thanks!

~nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by fg_weasley
    Two questions: One, are we allowed to use OCs?

You should be using Canon characters unless otherwise specified, like in the OC challenge. If you're getting tired of the well-known canon characters there are plenty of minor character that are barely mentioned in the books so those would be a good alternative instead of using OCs.

And two, can we enter a drabble that we are planning to enter in a different challenge. I ask because the quote for this week inspired the end of my OC drabble for the monthly challenge. Again, sorry if those questions are repeated or obvious answers.

Thanks!

~nikki

You shouldn't be submitting the same drabble to more than one challenge, actually. If the quote inspired you to write your OC drabble, that's fine, but don't submit the same Drabble to both, come up with different entries for each one or choose.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    How many entries can we submit to the Weekly Drabble Challenge- Infamous words? Right now I've got two bunnies hopping in my head...

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Go ahead and submit both, Sainyn. However, if you win, you will only win for one of the drabbles and receive the appropriate points for the place you get.

Hope that helped!

~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

XhayleeXblackX
    For the monthly, are we allowed to use OC that are children of canon characters? The one I want to use is Draco and Pansy's daughter, Sophia. Would this be okay or should I use another one?

Thanks,
    Haylee

EDIT: Thanks my teh lovely HoH!

MithrilQuill
    That's fine, Haylee, go ahead and enter with her

GringottsVault711
    So, my main OC existed before HBP, and so, she's pretty firmly AU. If I write her, it will have an AU tag, and my drabble concept will directly involve a clearly non-canon relationship with a canon character --- will that affect the judging of 'how well she fits into the HP universe'? I'm rather reluctant to enter a drabble that will automatically lose any chance of winning, when I could try another plot concept with her, or choose another OC.

MithrilQuill
    Hmmm...

What I meant by how well they fit into the HP-verse wasn't really whether you're 100% canonically accurate to the last book or not, just that it makes sense with the potterverse in general and the character doesn't feel out of place or weird in the world. So if it disregards the last book or the last couple, that's fine, as long as the character seems to have a nice defined place in the potterverse and doesn't make me think: "Am I really reading HP fanfic or what?"

So yes, put an AU warning and you should be fine.

Laurskii
    Your task this time is to show us snippets of a world within the potterverse. This can be, for example, concentrating on parts of the magical world that Harry doesn't really come into contact with, but that you'd like to explore. Or different times/cultures within the wizarding world, or maybe even a little known magical shop or place that you'd like to explore a little more.

Can this be ANY aspect of the Potter universe? Like, the professor's night life, or something to do with the Death Eaters, or SHOULD it be another culture or something?

(: Laur

Stubbornly_appeared

Hey!

In the March/April monthly, you mention a site called 'Mindscapes'. What is it?

Thanks!

-Stubby