Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Question Corner # 2

MithrilQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by fg_weasley
    This might sound like a dumb question, but if we are planning to enter two drabbles but we finish one before the other, would we edit our original post when we finish the second drabble, or post again? And if the drabbles both contain two OCs, but one more focused than the other, is it still all right to enter two separte drabbles? I ask because the two OCs I want to write about are from completely different stories, but they both have supporting OCs.

EDIT: Also, is it okay if we go say, five words over the limit?

~nikki

I'm not 100% sure what you want to do with the two different OCs and stuff, but I'm ok with it as long as they're both in the same post and an OC is the focus of each drabble you submit.

Try to get rid of those five words or rephrase some stuff, they're usually words you don't need! If you absolutely have to have those five words then keep them and I'll try to be lenient if I think the words really were necessary in the drabble...

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    EDIT: You may just ignore this, question answered ... sorry.

~nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Ironic Inspiration
    Hello!

My question reguards the Lost Love Weekly Challenge. In order to make the story meet all of the guide lines, does this story has to be love between lovers (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend...), or can it be love between family or friends? (Bestfriends, siblings...)

I have a few ideas, but since some couples are already taken (Some... most.) I had come up with a few drabble ideas that involve as close realtionship between siblings or friends.

Thanks!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironic Inspiration
    Hello!

My question reguards the Lost Love Weekly Challenge. In order to make the story meet all of the guide lines, does this story has to be love between lovers (husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend...), or can it be love between family or friends? (Bestfriends, siblings...)

I have a few ideas, but since some couples are already taken (Some... most.) I had come up with a few drabble ideas that involve as close realtionship between siblings or friends.

Thanks!
    XD
    It can be between anyone you want as long as you integrate three of hte five pictures provided into your drabble. You can repeat couples if you want though, don't feel obliged to only write pairings/non-pairings that haven't been written.

Luck!
    And have fun!
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

hermy_loves_ron
    Mmkay, I have what may sound like a slightly stupid question, but I wanted to post anyway because I'd probably look stupider if I got it wrong.

For the Lost Love Weekly Challenge, I had a question about the drawings. Say I wanted to do the old man on the park bench, but the old man I wanted it to be was Dumbledore, and we all know that he doesn't look like that from the back. Could that still work?

Hope I made sense,
    ~Analisa

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by hermy_loves_ron
    Mmkay, I have what may sound like a slightly stupid question, but I wanted to post anyway because I'd probably look stupider if I got it wrong.

For the Lost Love Weekly Challenge, I had a question about the drawings. Say I wanted to do the old man on the park bench, but the old man I wanted it to be was Dumbledore, and we all know that he doesn't look like that from the back. Could that still work?

Hope I made sense,
    ~Analisa
    LOL
    -squishes-
    The pictures are only meant to give you inspiration. We all know that some people age more gracefully than others so make it whoever you want it to be. XD
    I'm looking for originality in the use of hte prompt so go wild! XD
    Luck and have fun!
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Gin_Drinka
    What time does the weekly challenge officially close? I'm still hoping to get it in, depending...
    Mia

A.H.
    So I have a question that is probably really toopid. I mean... I don't think it even deserves proper spelling...

So uhm... Is there something I have to do to be allowed to start a Drabble thread? And furthermore... What is the exact purpose of them? There's usually a "Rules and what this forum is for" announcement in all the categories, which is why I feel dumb for asking... I suppose it's obvious?

-Arianna

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I hope I am allowed to answer this.

A.H. the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. So, drabbles are just small little stories, less than 500 words. Most are written due to prompts you are given, something someone sayes, a picture you have seen, a challenge or a class assignment. Once you have written a couple, start yourself a thread, with a clever little title, and post the drabbles in your thread. People will come in and read them and critique them or review them, just like a story. Since the que is currently closed, there is alot of drabble activity. It also helps you improve your writing skills, espically when people give you input. The weekly challenges are a good way to start, the challenge is to keep it under 500 words, some are less than that. If it is a challenge then the information is in it. Only Mods can start challenges unless there is something going on in your CR that allows someone else to start a challenge. Jump in and have fun.
    ~Kristy

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    Thanks for answering the question that A.H posted butter_beer_drinker but please let only MQ or myself answer any questions in the future.

Also, to add to butter_beer_drinker's answer, weeklies are only open for a week, and the first post will tell you when they close Gin_Drinka.

~Ebil One