Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ITALIAN Language Help

GinnyPotter
    If anyone needs help with Itallian you can ask me because I speak English and Itallian.

emily_the_poet
    How do you say 'Jesus Christ, woman,'? I'm kind of sure it's 'Jesu Christo, senora' but that's Spanish, and my character is from Southern Italy. The woman is married and it is an explicative. He's upset because she left him in the cold.

SiriuslyMental
    Quote Originally Posted by emily_the_poet
    How do you say 'Jesus Christ, woman,'? I'm kind of sure it's 'Jesu Christo, senora' but that's Spanish, and my character is from Southern Italy. The woman is married and it is an explicative. He's upset because she left him in the cold.
    Gesù Cristo, donna !

Donna has the meaning of femme, which is French for woman. If you want something more slangy, or even if he's not entirely serious, he could say "Gesù Cristo, cagna. (like, Jesus Christ you cow, or more vulgar, depending on how he means it).

He might actually say Porca Madonna, which is the equivalent to saying Jesus Christ in english.

Rompiballe - an annoying person.

In S Italy, they use the more vulgar zoccola (biatch).

Porca madonna, Zoccola !
    Porca madonna, rompiballe !
    Porca madonna, cagna !

emily_the_poet
    Thank you so much! That's perfect for what I need.

AurorGirl101
    I'm just wondering if someone could check this for me, just to make sure it's okay:

As they walked into the hotel, Hermione felt right at home. The hotel was small but beautiful.

“Buongiorno,” said the concierge, as Michael and Hermione approached him. “Come sta, signiore?”

“Bene, grazie,” replied Michael, in perfect Italian. “Parle inglese?”

“Of course, sir,” replied the concierge, in a distinct Italian accent. “How may I help?”
    Thanks!!

SiriuslyMental
    There is no second i signore.

Parle inglesi = Parla inglese.

A few mistakes. Parla is the formal 'you speak', parlate is plural, parlo is 'i speak'. Inglese, with an e at the end, not an i. And the signore thing.

Laurskii
    As they walked into the hotel, Hermione felt right at home. The hotel was small but beautiful.

Buon Giorno,” said the concierge, as Michael and Hermione approached him. “Come sta, signore?”

“Bene, grazie,” replied Michael, in perfect Italian. “Parla inglese?”

“Of course, sir,” replied the concierge, in a distinct Italian accent. “How may I help?”
    Or, if you wanted to be informal, as many people are in Italy these days, it would be "Come stai?" and "Parli/Parlate" (the first being singular, the second being plural). If you'd like to make "Parla" plural, you ought to go with "Parlano?" as it's formal to use the third person.

Good luck!
    (: Laurena

tester9786
    I know VERY basic Italian, so I'm going to offer help and look for some.

First, the way I learned Italian, 'parlo' would mean 'I speak' (person who's speaking), 'parli' would mean 'you speak' (person being spoken to), and 'parla' would mean 'he/she speaks' (person being talked about). I'm ok at conjugating verbs, but it's not a lot of fun.I learned from this Italian guy who's a teacher at my school, and 50 or 60.

Second, I need to know how you say 'new opening', 'fire', 'make fire', or 'to make fire'.

Thanks!

Miss Orange Pen
    New opening is 'nuova apertura'

Fire is 'fuoco'

Make fire is 'faccia il fuoco'

I hope that helped!

-Maddie

lunaselenia
    to make fire- fare il fuco

It will be best for me to translate this if you put it in some sentence. Much more easier and productive.