Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LATIN Language Help

jpkitty
    I need a spell to destory any magic that an object might posess(I do believe I spelled that wrong.) I just don't know any latin at all.

Edit: Thanks EyeEetStrudel

EyeEetStrudel
    Deleo/Deletum=Erase
    Magus=Magic

You could come up with some combination of those. I personally like Deleo Magus, but that's just me.

NOTE: I used an online English to Latin dictionary to find these. They might not be correct, grammatically. XD

rita_skeeter
    Just a friendly reminder:

Please refrain from using online translators for these threads as anyone can use them - the reason for these sections is so that authors can get first-hand information from people who have studied these languages.

EyeEetStrudel - Thank you for mentioning that you did use an online translator, and your willingness to help is appreciated. Please remember this rule from now on.

TheMusicOrTheMisery
    b_reeger: Castrum means castle. Now, you said you wanted 'Castle of Snakes', or something of the sort. For 'snake', you've got a few options. Anguis means snake. But, serpens and draco (MALFOY *COUGH* ) mean snake, also. Hope that helped!

Dumbledore Prince
    I'd like to know the Latin translation for "container of memories" or "memory container" or something close to either of them.

I also need to know the Latin equivalents for "create" and "creation". A spell that sounds good with the word "Horcrux" will help me even more.

~Dumbledore Prince.

Lily_greeneyes
    Hello again! You may remember me from earlier posts in this same thread...like quite a few*ends boring introduction*

Anyway, I just wanted to know the Latin translation for 'The Book of Truths'. And also, for 'barrier'. Thank you in advance!

MaiaMadness
    Dumbledore Prince:

Memories is memorie and container is arca. So arca memorie ought to do it.

To create is creo. Creatio is the act of creation, and is a noun. Creatio Horcrux sounds nice and fancy, though Creo Horcrux most likely is more correct. However, you are writing a fictional spell for a fictional piece of writing, so whatever you go with will probably work out fine.

Lily_greeneyes:

Book is liber or libellus. Truth is veritas (like Veritaserum). Liber Veritas or Libellus Veritas should work. I personally think the first sounds better.

A barrier is cancelli, but figuratively speaking it's impedimentum.

Subtledagger
    Hey there, I was wondering if any of you amazing latin people out there can help me out with a spell I need.

I want it to read as 'my last chance.' I tried to write it myself but couldn't figure out which word would be most appropriate for chance (fortuna?) and what case to put ithe phrase in so it reads 'my.' A long time since I did Latin

Thanks for any help.

MaiaMadness
    My is meus. Last is postremus or ultimus. The latter sounds very nice, I think. Chance is fortuito. You could possibly consider skipping meus.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi,
    I would like to use a Latin term for the word "move" or "switch" in a spell. I found "moveo" online (along with several other similar ideas such as "agito" or "fabrica") but I like "moveo". It is my understanding that it does mean "to move". Is this the best choice? Is so, what form should I use? Thanks so much!!
    ~Gina