Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LATIN Language Help

Hybrid View

ElectronicQuillster

LATIN Language Help

Many people find the need to make a new incantation in this lovely magical world to function for a spell that we don't know incantations for. Looking up latin words can really help in that quest.

Periwinkle
    In my D/G story, I invented a potion that makes the body invisible. The severity of the invisibility depends on how much of the potion the person consumed. What I need is the name of the potion. Basically, all I have now is the Invisibility Potion...and I need that translated into Latin. I'm looking for a word that is easy to say, and unique at the same time. Thanks ahead of time.

MaiaMadness
    The only translation I can think of is "potio invisibilis" (potio being potion, and invisibilis being invisible, so invisible potion). My latin is limited... I use a dictionary and whatever grammar I can remember :P I guess if no one else can come up with a better translation you can use mine.

Morwen
    Well, "invidere" means "to not see or not find", so you could give it a title like Inviderum or even Liquor Inviderum. Of course most potions are given titles like "Calming draught" or "Shrinking solution", describing its affects so if you can't find the title that sounds right you could always use something like that.

Periwinkle
    Thanks for all the help. So far, I'm going with Invidere. But you've all been great with the help. I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

MaiaMadness
    Quote Originally Posted by Moony
    (Maia, help?)
    Lol, I'm not that good at this stuff :P

I thought Liquor Inviderum sounded really good, personally. I'd use that, were it me.

CraftySlytherin
    Hello...I'm looking for a way to say 'Chaos Portal' in Latin. It's kind of a dimensional spell. Any help would be appreciated. I also need to know how to say 'Time Bends' and 'Time Breaks'. Thanks so much!

Acroma
    I'd like the words "past," "future," "clock," and "time" translated into Latin, please. (The first two are spells, and the other two are possible last names for an author)

Edit: I'd still like for someone to translate "past" and "future..." sorry if I seem rude...
    Edit2: Nevermind, found them.

b_reeger

Castle of Snakes

I am looking for a latin translation for the name of a castle in my fic. I would like it to be along the lines of :

The Castle of Snakes or Snake Castle, or something similar to that.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

jpkitty
    I need a spell to destory any magic that an object might posess(I do believe I spelled that wrong.) I just don't know any latin at all.

Edit: Thanks EyeEetStrudel