View Poll Results: Vote for the winner of the Milestone Celebrations Competition

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Year Tomorrow by Ithinkrabis2people

2 28.57%
  • Girl Beneath the Stars by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor

4 57.14%
  • Not a Good Bye by J-Holly

0 0%
  • Renewal by Oregonian

0 0%
  • Something Worth Celebrating by Ali Wood

0 0%
  • To Harry by Gmariam

1 14.29%
  • Underneath the Shadows by Ginny Weasley Potter

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milestone Moment

Hybrid View

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...

Milestone Moment

Today is a momentous occasion here on MuggleNet Fan Fiction. We've hit the 10,000 fictions mark.

From all of the staff here on the site, we'd just like to thank every single author who has submitted their work to make our archive such an amazing source of fiction for fans of Harry Potter.

We've been around for eight years now and in that time we've developed a fantastic community of writers that warm our hearts and sparks our collective imagination on a daily basis.

We hope to see many more fabulous fictions coming our way in future years, but for now, there's 10,000 stories to read on this archive and I think that calls for a celebration!

We are giving away a 'Harry Potter' wand from the WB Studio Tour in London to one lucky member of our archives. All you have to do is submit a one-shot fiction to our 'Milestone Celebrations' category in competition submissions.

Your one-shot must describe a celebration within the Potter world. They can be celebrating anything you'd like, but your fiction must include a party and be over 1200 words.

The deadline for this competition will be two weeks from today, the 18th March at 5pm GMT/Midday EST.

We'll then be asking our readers to vote for their favourite fiction and the story that receives the most votes will win the coveted prize!

If you have any questions, ask them in the comments of this post!

Thank you for all your hard work over the last eight years! Good luck with the competition, and make sure you check out as many as possible of the 10000 stories now available here to you on MNFF

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Being Saved by Our Guardian Anglia
    Is it all right if we expand previously-written drabbles into oneshots for this?

Unspeakable
    Sure, I see no problem with that As long as there's a celebration involved and the submitted fiction is over 1200 words.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Earning Points for Sheer Dumb Luck
    Can we submit more than one fic? Have written one and got an idea for another one half-way through!

EDIT: Actually, don't worry - I'll never manage to finish the second by the deadline! Sorry!
    Student * Wannabe Author * IB Survivor * Ravenclaw

Also known as Ithinkrabis2people - nothing like a crackpot theory that doesn't work out

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    I wonder if there's any chance of an extension for this challenge? I have an idea but haven't managed to get it down yet so a few more days would be lovely.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Unspeakable
    I've heard a few people say they're working on something but are pressed for time so the deadline will be extended until this Sunday! Please have submissions in by Sunday 24th March at Midday EST.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Oh, wow, thanks! And since there's an extension now, I was wondering about Alex's question earlier -- can we submit two?
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hogwarts, of course! The internet connection here isn't great....
    Apparently even with the extension, I can't have done this right. I've just finished my story, so I'm about to submit it, non-betaed and all. If it doesn't get accepted by tomorrow (which I doubt it will), will it still be considered in the challenge?
    ~εɱɱą =)
    Author Page~Duel~Excerpts~Drabbles~(not-so-great)Poetry~RAVENCLAW!!

Thanks so much to Toni for making this wonderful banner and avvie. Quote on avatar is from the song Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons. <3
    My total BFFLE is Kreacher Feacher/Loony at Heart/Taylor. Don't let her scare you. XD
    I'm quite busy at the moment, so I may be pretty spotty or just not seem to appear at all. I'll hopefully be back to normal in a few months.

Unspeakable
    My apologies for not answering these questions in time, and to those who submitted fictions that were not seen by moderators due to a glitch in the queue. These will all be processed today and then we'll put up a poll for our readers to vote on a winner.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Can't figure out how to vote. When I open this thread, it immediately goes to the "Results" part of the poll, not the part where you actually vote, and it says "You may not vote on this poll." I don't think it's supposed to be like that...

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...