Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator Part X

Sly Severus
    Hi Mods,

I was wondering about the Post-Hogwarts category. Is something going on with the category? My chapter has been in the que for thirteen days and I've noticed that nothing has been validated in that category in the last six days. I was just wondering if something is going on and if the wait time will continue to be long.

Thanks for the help.

songbook99
    Sly Severus, the entire queue has recently experienced the same back log. There was an increase in submissions at a time when a lot of mods have had to deal with real life situations. The mods are working on bringing everything back up to date, including Post-Hogwarts, and that should be done within the next day.

DreamGirlie
    Hey, this might seem really newbish, but oh well, were are the common rooms?

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    DreamGirlie - you need to be sorted to see the common rooms. PM songbook99 for the quiz. If you've already taken the quiz then you'll be able to see your common room once your Head of House has added you to the usergroup.

5. 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM

6. 06-02-2007, 08:07 PM

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    Hi! I was wondering something about displaying banners. I made some for school, but they're way larger than 500X300. Is it alright to display them, even though they don't fit the size standards? Should I link them?

~Morgan

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    I'm afraid we don't allow any banners larger than the 500x300 scale. You can either resize them to make them fit, or post them somewhere else such as your author profile on MNFF.

Wand_Waver2006
    I have a mention of cats having sex in my story, Muggles Can't be Witches. Should I put a warning up? It's not described, just mentioned by a very disshevelled Mrs. Weasley, who finds them on her bed.

Thanks,
    ♪Star♪

Whylorinda
    I have had a story submitted twice and never recieved a rejection letter, and I made a post in the rejection letter thread, however it has been there fifteen days and it seems unlikely that anyone remembers it, so I was wondering if there is a recommended course of action now. I have gotten things submitted to MNFF before, so I don't think it's a glitch directly pertaining to my acccount.

Thanks!

Lorinda

rita_skeeter
    Wand_Waver2006: So long as it's mentioned tastefully and only very briefly, I'll think you'll be alright without a warning.

Whylorinda: It almost definitely isn't a glitch in your account - it's probably just a glitch in our memories, as it's hard for most of us to remember specific fics, simply because of the sheer quantity we deal with on a regular basis. The only thing to do now, I'm afraid, is to try submitting again. Also, if your email host is Hotmail or AOL, I advise you switch this, as those providers seem to be least compatible with the MNFF system.

12. 06-03-2007, 03:28 PM

13. 06-03-2007, 07:01 PM

Venna Black
    I know I shouldn't be asking questions in this thread, but even though I'm registered since March, it seems I'm not authorized to post anything. I've tried more than once to open a new thread, but vainly. The server says I don't have the autorization to post. Can anyone help me?