Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Ask a Moderator Part X

Disappearance_26
    Hm... I have a post-war, future generation fic. The thing is, it's not submitted yet, and I'm terrified of the spoiler policy (I don't want to be banned *sobs*). So, if by any chance a lucky guess of mine is taken as a spoiler... what should I do? Is there any way I can let the mods know that those were my ideas? Is there anyway I can protect my little penname from being banned?

Thanks!
    ~Priz

I_LUV_MOONY
    I'm really bad with all this internet stuff. How do you get a custom avatar? I keep trying over and over again, but it either says invalid file or something about using a certain amount of memory. Can someone help with this?

Great beirniny
    I have found a picture of broccoli of Hufflepuff
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    ( **)

and Cabbage of Gryffindor Turnips evil twin
    (\__/)
    (+.+)
    (> <)

is there a picture of turnip or a plot bunny for Slytherin?

songbook99
    AurorGirl101, there is not a limit on the number of chapters a story can have.

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley, I'd never heard anything about one banner per story. However, even if that is true (and you may want to check with a moderator who is part of the BA), you can still create the banner and leave it up to the author which of the two he or she wants to use.
    Edit: I have just been informed that such a rule does exist in the BA. The author will need to contact both you and the previous bannermaker to notify you of what is going on before you proceed with the banner.

Disappearance_26, the best thing to do would be to make sure that whatever your idea is does not appear too similar to what happens in the book, even if you had the idea before you read the book. Make it different enough that it could not be taken as a spoiler. So, if it was something like you had the same character die, make sure the character dies in a different way than in the book or at a different time or something.

I_LUV_MOONY, you can get a custom avatar by either uploading it from a website or from your computer. You need to make sure that it is no larger than 100 x 100 pixels or 19.5 KB or it will be too large. From what you've written, it seems that the avatars you have been trying to upload are bigger than 19.5 KB and that is causing a problem.

Great beirniny, I don't know of any pictures for those, but maybe someone from Ravenclaw or Slytherin does.

bertiebott12

Question

I'm not sure if this should be asked here, so mods delete if it's not. What are the 3 news mods' catergories that they'll be moding?

I_LUV_MOONY
    Double posting to ask another question.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 4097538 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/fanfiction/public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_user.php on line 479

That's what it said when I tried to upload (or whatever it's called) the avatar. I checked the measurements, and they were 100 x 100 pixels, and 4230 bytes. What's going on?

ThessalyRose
    Can I change the category of my story after I've got approved chapters? I think I made a mistake when I put it in the Alternate Universe category, because the only change I made was to add an original character. Since then, I've read fictions that weren't much different from mine that were in the general fiction category.

Thanks!

Thess

songbook99
    bertiebott12, the new moderators will be sweepers for the moment. Any changes to which moderator handles which category can be found in the second post of the FAQ ~ MuggleNet Fan Fiction Boards thread in the Questions forum.

I_LUV_MOONY, unfortunately I don't know what that error message means since the bytes you posted are less than the amount mentioned in the message. I'll let another mod with more experience handle that if possible.

ThessalyRose, you can move your story from one category to another. However, you need to make sure that it is only in ONE category after the switch and not both or it may be removed from the archive.

Eowyn89
    Hello I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or not, but here goes. I know someone who wants to join the BA, but the person who they are supposed to PM the information to (immortal_evil) has overstepped their PM quota. Is there another person to contact? Thank you!

~Katie

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Eowyn, Ana (immortal_evil) is the only BA contact at the moment. I believe the PM should stay in the system, so that when she does clean out her mailbox *sideways glance at Ana* the PM should be delivered then. At least that is what I have found in the past. Another mod can correct me if this is not the case.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page