Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snakes Storm the Pitch

kask
    Rayna raised her wand and aimed at the pebble. She took a breath and put on a face of confidence.

"Wingardium Leviosa," she said, and to her surpise, the pebble rose into the air.

The small gathered crowd clapped, and both Helga and Rayna grinned.

"What does this have to do with your idea?" Godric asked.

"Well, why do you think Theodore couldn't perform the spell?"

Godric's chest puffed out. "Because he was nervous!" Helga rolled her eyes and awaited another answer.

Something clicked in Rowena's mind. "Because nobody taught him," she exclaimed.

"Exactly!" Helga responded.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Salazar watched the interaction in disbelief. “All right, just so I understand you correctly, Hufflepuff, are you proposing that WE teach children how to do magic? As if we don’t have anything better to do with our lives?”

Godric stroked his chin as he seemed to be pondering what was being said.

“It does make sense, Salazar. We definitely have the resources and we could get help too. I mean, seriously, look behind you at all the capable adults.”

Rowena smiled. “I think it’s a brilliant idea.” She placed a supportive hand on Helga’s shoulder as she watched Rayna’s excitement.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

kask
    "So you want to start a school?" Godric questioned. The idea was getting ever-more appealing.

Helga nodded enthusiastically. "What do you think?" she asked. Godric thought for another moment.

"I think it's excellent." A wide grin broke out on his face. "Hear that, Theodore?"

The three friends looked at the fourth. Salazar was often the voice of dissent, which meant that he would take a little more convincing.

"Well...?" Rowena asked.

Salazar looked at the rolling hills around them and knit his brows. The others didn't know what to expect; Salazar was difficult to predict. "If we're going to do this, we're going to have to make it the best damn school around."

apollo13
    "Of course it will be! Especially if it's got us!" boomed Godric, happily.

"What should we call it?" asked Helga, her eyes alight with excitement. The adults gazed around for inspiration. Rowena chewed on her lip as she watched Theodore and Rayna argue. Apparently, Theodore had stolen the pebble that Rayna had been levitating, most probably out of jealousy.

"Theo, give it back you warty hog!" Rayna screamed at him. Rowena grinned.

"Hogwarts," she said, happily.

"Hogwarts?" She nodded.

"Yeah - unusual, don't you think?"

Sorry it's not very long!

~Evie

kask
    "Quite," Salazar replied. "But I like it."

"So, Hogwarts it is," Godric announced.

"Let's start planning," Rowena said merrily. "We should have it open as soon as possible."

"It should have Quidditch teams."

"And be academically well-rounded."

"And have the best teachers available."

"Us, of course."

The four friends bounced ideas off of each other and made plans for the school as they walked back into the house. They laughed and brainstormed, each friend contributing something else to the plan.

"We should mark it somehow, so everyone knows we are the Founders. A namesake maybe?" Helga suggested.

"I have an idea..." Godric replied, a wide grin spreading through his face.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    "A proposition, if you will," Godric continued. He looked in the general direction of Salazar and the scowl he was currently sporting.

Walking towards his downcast friend, Godric suggested just loud enough for Salazar to hear, "You know, we can make this school anything we want for it to be."

Rowena had been eavesdropping and added, "Imagine being immortalized through an institution such as a school for witches and wizards – The first of its kind, no less.”

Helga quietly added, “Four dormitories...”

“Houses,” interrupted Rowena. “It sounds more united that way.”

Salazar smirked. “Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and...”

“Slytherin,” finished Godric.

Banner by SimplyBeing

kask
    "Anything we want, you say," Salazar muttered to himself, not loud enough for the other three to hear.

"It sounds perfect. We could have a little friendly competition between Houses, but nothing too outrageous. How would we divide them?"

"Alphabetically?" suggested Helga.

"No," the other three said in unison.

"This may sound crazy," Godric started, "but how about by traits?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well... we could find a way to determine what each student's characteristics are and have them sorted based on our own."

"So... Ravenclaw would value what Rowena values?" Helga asked, catching on.

"Precisely."

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    The sun was setting when the final guests left the home of Godric Gryffindor. He and his friends had enjoyed a very enlightening discussion about their new joint venture. They had agreed to reconvene the following week to hash out the details.

Godric and his son collected the Quidditch supplies from around the yard. He handed the Quaffle to Theodore who opened the supply bag. As he reached into the bag, his hands closed around something foreign. He called his father over as he pulled the object out.

“Yes, son?” but Godric’s voice caught at sight of the scarlet object.

Banner by SimplyBeing

kask
    "What is this? Theodore asked, showing the scarlet Bludger to his father. Godric took object from his son’s hand and examined it closely.

“This is the first scarlet Bludger ever created!” he finally exclaimed. “My great-grandfather was the one who made the Bludger this color, so it would stand out against the mud. This is a family heirloom, passed down from generation. And just thrown into the Quidditch bag like this!” He was obviously angry. “The carelessness. This will never leave the house again! And I’ll make sure of it…”

Godric pulled out his wand.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Godric raised his wand and muttered an incantation which encased the scarlet Bludger in a mahogany box which then closed itself securely. On the top, a mirror appeared, giving it a more decorative quality.

Theodore watched in amazement as his father used his wand in such a fashion. “Father, will I ever learn to do spell like that?”

The man nodded. “Sooner than you think, son; sooner than you think. Just be sure to study hard.”

“But father, what if someone tries to take the box out of the house? What if someone knows about that red thing?” Theodore asked.

Banner by SimplyBeing