Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snakes Storm the Pitch

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Godric and Helga shook their heads as they watched their friends fly off on their brooms. Looking over at the woman next to him, Godric bowed his head and winked. "Ladies first."

Laughing, she took off on her broom with a speed that caught Godric off-guard. He heard her call out as she distanced herself, "Chivalry will get you nowhere and it certainly won't win this game!"

High above the property, Helga was the first to speak up.

“Supplies might have been a good idea.”

Just then they spotted Godric’s son flying quite unsteadily towards them carrying the supply bag.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

kask
    Salazar laughed at the vision of Godric's son, Theodore, coming toward them.

"I guess you haven't taught your boy much," he said, observing Theodore's mediocre flying. The young boy blushed at the comment, embarrassed.

"Honestly," Helga interjected, "be nice to him! He's practically your nephew!"

"I think Salazar was just trying to make the point that things aren't the way they used to be – ” Rowena cut in.

"Exactly!" Salazar exclaimed. "The fine art of flying is neglected!”

“Flying?” Rowena whipped around sharply. “I think you mean education!”

“That’s not true!” Godric came into the conversation.

apollo13
    "I've taught my son very well, thank you very much!" Rowena cocked an eyebrow.

"Really? It doesn't look that way" Salazar and Helga laughed, as both Godric and Theodore blushed, Theodore looking like he'd rather be anywhere else.

"Well, I'd like to see your children fly up here perfectly while carrying a bag of supplies!" Godric snapped, sharply, his pride wounded. Rowena blinked and replied, coolly.

"I wasn't talking about the flying, I was talking about his magical skills."

"He's got perfect magic skills! Show 'em, Theodore!"

~Evie

kask
    "Err, what?" Theodore's face was cherry red.

"C'mon. Show them a spell!" Godric urged.

"I don't --"

"Summon the spare Quaffle."

"I really --" But Theodore saw the expectant faces of the four adults and knew he couldn't refuse.

Pulling out his wand, he eyed the Quaffle one-hundred feet below. Theodore cleared his throat and said, "Awkeyo."

The Quaffle didn't move a centimeter.

"Well," Rowena said, not wanting to brag too much because she didn't want to hurt Theodore, "let's play some Quidditch."

But Godric wouldn’t let it go so easily; he was astonished. How did his son know so little?

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    WHOOOOSH!

"Helga, if you don't fancy shorter hair, I suggest you try hitting anything that comes towards you."

She imagined a few witty comeback lines to be used on her friend, Salazar the next time she saw him as Godric flew near. She watched him using the Quaffle with unusual aggression, so very unlike him. As she rounded one of the goals, she heard what he was saying.

"That was my son they were mocking! A Gryffindor - Of course he will exceed in his studies!"

An idea came to her mind as a Bludger missed her by a hair.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

kask
    Salazar had the Quaffle and was heading for the goal, but it was easy for any spectator to see that none of the players' hearts were in the game.

Still, Helga made an attempt to steal the Quaffle. She flew at him from the back, hoping to surprise him, and attempted to snatch it. Salazar switched it to the other arm just in time and flew toward the goal.

SCORE!

Rowena scowled as Godric grinned madly. "How's that?" he asked.

"One goal, big deal," Helga said, a little bent out of shape.

"Actually, one of many."

And the game continued.

apollo13
    Godric roughly grabbed the Quaffle from Helga and pelted it with as much power as possible, through the make-shift goal, imagining that it was Rowena's head.

How dare she humiliate him and his son like that? It was obvious that the only reason the spell didn't work was because Theodore was just nervous. Yeah, that was it - you can't expect a child to display extrodinary magical skills on the spot in front of four, very impressive looking, adults. That had to be the reason... right?

He didn't have long to debate, however, as Salazar had zoomed down into a dive, a small dot of gold just ahead of his outstretched hand...

~Evie

kask
    Just like that, Salazar grabbed the Golden Snitch and the game ended, much too soon for Rowena and Helga's taste.

Salazar and Godric touched the ground, grinning madly.

"I think we just won," Salazar said, the Snitch struggling in his hand.

"You cheated!" Rowena cried, landing.

Salazar whipped around.

"I did no such thing! I caught the Snitch!"

"Yeah, after knocking over Helga."

Salazar looked at Helga and grinned. "It's a rough game."

Rowena took in a deep breath, enraged and ready to yell. But Helga put a hand on her shoulder.

“Okay, you won. Now, I have an idea.”

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Salazar groaned. “Why did I get a sick feeling in my stomach when you said that?”

Helga smiled and looked over towards the crowd gathering behind them. “Godric, call your son back over to us.”

Godric did not look amused. “With all due respect, Helga, I think he has been through enough today.”

She nodded and summoned her niece to them instead. The girl stood amongst them, looking around expectantly. Her aunt looked to Rowena.

“Tell me, Rowena, what is your favourite charm?”

Thinking about it, she responded, “Hover Charm.”

Nodding with a smile, Helga said, “Teach it to her.”

apollo13
    Rowena looked at her, blankly.

"Teach it to her?" Helga smiled and nodded.

"Yes, teach it to her. Little Rayna here doesn't know how to do it, so teach her." Rowena blinked and walked over to the little girl, who took out her wand, nervously.

"Do you know the incantation, Rayna?" Rayna shook her head. Rowena was rather surprised, as it was such an easy spell. "Okay... well, it's 'Wingardium Weviosa', got that?"

"I-I think so..." said Rayna, frowning in concentration. "Wingardium Leviosa."

"That's good, but make the 'gar' sound nice and long." Rayna nodded, and Rowena held out a small stone in front of her. "Now, cast that spell on this pebble."

~Evie