Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snakes Storm the Pitch

Sly Severus

Snakes Storm the Pitch

Yay, the Slytherin Team is ready to go.

We can just start writing our round-robin in here. I will post some basic guidlines and stuff in our brainstorming thread, but we're ready to go.

Someone can start the story whenever they're ready!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Anyone walking by the large Victorian home could hear the laughter. There was an obvious jubilation coming from the occupants within and if someone were to look inside of the house they would see a large gathering of people gathering their things and walking towards the outside patio. The voices grew louder as they got closer to the glass doors. A small child ran ahead of the group and threw open the door leading out into the sunshine.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

apollo13
    Um... yeah, sorry if it's not right, but this is what I thought should happen next. It's a bit long, sorry! I got a bit carried away.

He laughed as he raced down the vast, lush lawn, where another large group of adults and children sat together, enjoying the fine summer weather.

Four adults in particular stood out from the group; the obvious ring leaders. The two men where joking and talking loudly, the centre of attention for all but the two women beside them.

They both sat, relaxed, talking quietly and rolling their eyes at the two boisterous men.

"Really, Godric, can you not find another way to irritate us all?" asked one of the women, teasingly.

"Well, I would, dear Rowena, but I'm afraid you two seem to be the only ones irritated. Although, if you wish for us to do something else with our time, I'm sure that can be arranged. Perhaps another broomstick ride over the lake?"

"Merlin no, the lake is getting rather tedious - can we not fly somewhere different?" groaned the other man.

"I know something we can do with the brooms!" squealed the little boy, "It's a game I heard about! I've even got one of the balls to play it with - look!" He held out a tiny golden ball, about the size of a walnut, with long wings either side. It didn't move.

"What's that?" asked Rowena curiously, taking the ball from the boys hand.

"It's called a Snitch, but I can't get it to move. It's meant to fly around and someone's supposed to catch it."

Sly Severus
    "I've heard of the game," Godric smiled at his son fondly. "It's called Quidditch. Where did you ever find a Snitch?"

The boy turned slightly red and didn't reply.

"Son?" his father persisted.

"It was on the ground behind her house. I could hear some older boys looking for it, but I didn't give it back to them. It was so pretty. I wanted to see what it would do."

"You're returing that the moment we get home," Goderic told him sternly.

"Yes, sir," the boy replied.

"In the meantime, let's try to make it fly," Rowena suggested, still studying the snitch. "There must be some trick to it. Does anyone know the rules to Quidditch. Perhaps we could have a game."

apollo13
    Where is everyone? I suppose if no one's taking it, I'll do the next bit. I don't have time now, though, I'll edit it in tomorrow.

~Evie

EDIT: NikkiSue's going ahead with it, so everyone can ignore this post.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    “I may know a thing or two about the game.”

Everyone turned around to see Salazar Slytherin step forward and approach Rowena. “My only condition is we pick our teams first. It will be easier to explain if we know which position we are assigned.”

Before anyone could say anything, Godric stepped in, “Fine, I’ll start.” He looked over at Helga Hufflepuff and revealed a ghost of a smirk.

“I want Salazar with me.”

“Surely you couldn’t be serious!” Helga claimed. “Until a minute ago, I didn’t even know there were different positions to be played, let alone the rules.”

Banner by SimplyBeing

kask
    "I guess you'll just have to make do," Salazar interjected, partial to the idea of being on his best friend's team.

"See? Fair is fair," Godric said with a grin, his eyes meeting Salazar's. The same enjoyment and happiness lingered in both of their features, the same glint of mischief. The two friends understood one another through a simple glance.

Seeing the look exchanged between the two, Rowena sighed. "Fine, we'll just have to play by our own rules. Get ready to lose." Rowena and Helga both smiled...

apollo13
    “Lose?” laughed Godric, his eyes bright with excitement. “I think not!”

“It doesn’t matter what you think, my dear Godric, it’s what I know that’s correct,” replied Rowena cheekily.

“So, Salazar, the rules of this game are?” asked Helga politely. Salazar opened his mouth to speak, but Godric interrupted, a sly grin on his face.

“Rule one; only those of the male gender can win.” Rowena rolled her eyes.

“Of course, how could we forget that rule?” she asked sarcastically. Salazar scowled.

“If I remember rightly, I was speaking!”
    Yeah, I'm not to happy with that - if anyone has any suggestions for it, feel free to PM me.

**wonders if that is actually allowed**

~Evie

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Salazar nodded. “Okay, so the first rule has been agreed upon, right?”

He heard Helga Hufflepuff get two syllables out before continuing. “The next rule... The losing team buffs the broomsticks in the shed until they shine.” Looking around at the irritated but silent crowd gathered around him he nodded. “Anything else to add?”

Godric laughed and went to the broom shed, locating four brooms quickly. He gave one to Helga and one to Rowena. As he handed one to Salazar, the man scoffed at the broom.

“Honestly, a generic broom for me? You must be joking.”

Banner by SimplyBeing

kask
    Rowena rolled her eyes. "I guess you aren't talented enough to win without the broom doing the work for you," she smirked.

"Sorry, I wasn't aware you've actually ridden a broom before," Salazar retorted.

Rowena didn't answer. Instead, she took off, a smile playing on her lips. "My last name isn't Ravenclaw for nothing."

“Rowena!” Helga yelled from the ground. “We need to finish the rules!”

“I have one,” Salazar interjected, “fend for yourself!” With that, he followed Rowena into the air, leaving Godric and Helga.

Rowena giggled as Salazar chased her through the air. “Endlessly flirting,” Godric muttered turning to Helga.