Thread: Corinne Elaine Lerwick

Hybrid View

First Year Gryffindor
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Corinne Elaine Lerwick

hello, everyone
    So, I've recently created a new character to fit into the Potterverse. I am not sure I am doing it right, though, so I would really appreciate some feedback on the character itself. So here it goes:

Hello stranger, my name is Corinne Elaine Lerwick. I donít really know how people do this write-to-an-anonymous-pen-pale kind of thing, but I figured I could give it a try, lifeís not been too easy lately and I need someone who doesnít know me.

To start off with, I guess you need to know about my story, so here it goes:
    Back in the past I was known as Corinne Elaine Granger; I was the second daughter of Jeane and Bill Granger. My family only consists of Jean, Bill and my older sister Hermione, weíre not a big family but itís a nice family. So I grew up in a muggle world, but ever since I can remember Iíve been able to alter the way I look at my own will, minor things at first. Mum said that when I was only a baby, I would make my hair change colours, she also said it startled her at first, but she eventually grew accustomed to it, plus it made me real happy. The first look on my parentsí faces was priceless. Most of the times when we went out, she covered my head with a hat so people couldnít see how my hair changed, I suppose it would have scared the muggle community.

Anyway, I was 11 years old when a letter came to me. It was from Hogwarts-the school I currently study at- and it said that I was a witch, at that moment my parents werenít really surprised because Hermione had gotten it a year before, although it explained why I could change my hair colour. My parents were extremely proud of me and also quite excited, I was quite happy too because I was going to the same school Hermione was attending, and I love my sister and did quite miss her when she was gone.

Getting into the whole experience of getting ready for Hogwarts was very interesting, although not as hard as it was for Hermione. Since my sister had already gone through it, she knew exactly where to buy everything I needed. We went to Diagon Alley and I was at totally awe by the magic it irradiated. We were in a place called Flourish and Blotts when I first met Harry Potter. I didnít grow up with his story, neither did Hermione, the difference was Hermione did serious research when she found out she was a witch, while I only had to sit down and listen to her talking about it. So she introduced me to Harry, he smiled warmly and shook my hand. I couldnít help to notice his scar, and felt the intense need to touch it, although I didnít. It was probably going to upset him or something. Afterwards, she introduced me to her other best friend, one she had been talking a lot about, his name was Ron Weasley. He smiled too, but a bit awkwardly, and shook my hand just as Harry did. He was a fun person, or that was the idea I had gotten from Hermioneís adventures last year. After meeting Ron, Hermione also introduced me to the whole Weasley family, and quite honestly I really liked them. Mrs. Weasley-Ronís mother-was so kind and warm it reminded me much of our own mother, she even made me call her ďMollyĒ and not ďMrs. WeasleyĒ, then there was Mr. Weasley-Ronís father- who was also really nice and extremely fascinated with the whole muggle world, he-too-made me call him Arthur. Following them, I met Ginny; she was Ronís youngest sister. It was Ginnyís first year at Hogwarts as well, and she was just as nervous and excited. As we searched for our school supplies together, we soon became good acquaintance, further on through the years Ginny became one of my best friends. Finally I met the twins, and I absolutely fell in love with them, probably not in the romantic way, but they were extremely cool. They, too, became really close to me.
    On that very same afternoon before getting into the Hogwarts express, I met the vilest human being; his name was Draco Malfoy. He stopped us just before leaving Flourish and Blotts, he spoke to Harry with disdain, and then another man came in, he looked very much like Malfoy, so he was most likely his father.
    He talked really badly of the Weasley family and our parents. I didnít like the man either, but he was probably more civil than his son.
    At that time, the elder Malfoy took a long look at me, as if he was trying hard to remember who I was. It was entirely illogical and quite unnerving, because it was clear we had never met before, but he still seemed like he thought heíd seen me before-which was unlikely.
    Once at Hogwarts, the sorting hat decided that I belonged in Slytherin. I could see from my sitting place that Hermione looked concerned, while Ginny looked disappointed. I was hoping that I got into the same house as Ginny, and it got slightly worse when I caught a glimpse of silvery blonde among the students sitting at the Slytherin table. It sucked that I was going to have to share it with him.
    Through the years I did make some friends inside the Slytherin house, it was difficult because many were fill with prejudices against muggle-born people-like me-but I got through. One of the closest friends I got from inside the house was Astoria Greengrass, Melody Downkork, Matthew Revenue, and Lisa and John Cropper (non-identical twins); they were really nice. As for Malfoy, I canít say I got used to him through the years, if anything, I came to hate him even more than before. He only knew how to insult my sister and me, and let me tell you I can handle insults that are directed to me but no one messes with my family or my friends. This has led Malfoy and myself to fight a lot, and quite constantly as well. Even so, sometimes his words hurt me more than I want them to, sometimes Iíd like him to like me, itís a weird feeling; love-hate kind of thing. Itís complicated when it comes to Malfoy. Heís a confusing person.
    Also, it was at Hogwarts where I finally learned why I could change my hair colour. Turns out I am a metamorphmagus, and that means I have the ability to change my physical appearance at will. I probably shouldnít be saying this, but it comes in handy and I do tend to use it often.

Now, I suppose you might be confused about why my real surname is Lerwick. This is the thing: my lifeís been a lie. My biological parents are not the Grangers, and Hermione is in no way related to me. I have no brothers or sisters, and my parents are Mildred and York Lerwick, Death Eaters. I havenít met them; I donít feel the courage to. A part of me wants to know them, to know why they gave me up, it makes me question if they ever even loved me, but the other part of me feels angry that they didnít want me to grow up with them, guilty because it was the Grangers who took care of me. It was a whole lot of new emotions.
    After that, the teachers started calling me Miss Lerwick, not Miss Granger anymore, and even Malfoy started being nicer to me. That made me hate him even more, because he was so fed up into his own prejudices that he changed his attitude towards me just because I was not a ďmudbloodĒ, I was a pureblood. It was beyond ridiculous! Can you imagine that? He was just nicer (and just a bit nicer) because I was a pureblood! Itís bullocks!
    Moving on, Iím still searching for more of my past. Up until now, I just know that my parents are both Death Eaters, and that Mrs. And Mr. Malfoy are my godparents.
    I shall keep on writing to you if I find anything else.

So what do you guys think? I would really appreciate some help here, please?? D:

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Hezzu! (That's Jenny-speak for hello.)
    I think you're doing fine so far. Keep in mind that your story is AU though; if Hermione had a sister in canon, we'd know.

You haven't said--how old are you now?

What is your relationship with Hermione like nowadays? What did it used to be like, before you found out that you weren't related?

What are Astoria, Melody, Matthew, Lisa, and John like? Is one of them your best friend/closer to you than the others?

Do you think Malfoy's treatment of you reflects only his prejudices, or do you think anything else affects his behavior?

What are you interested in? Do you have a favorite class?

Which of your traits do you think makes you a Slytherin?

What do you have in common with Hermione? What is different about you?

And, just because I'm curious--how did you find out that the Grangers weren't your real parents? Is it a coincidence that you were put with a Muggle family that just so happened to have another witch daughter? (Because you could totally do a plot development about that...)

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...

Second Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Hi there. Corinne seems fine till now, but what you've written is her backstory, which is great! It's awesome that you have it, because you'll need it once you start writing, but I'd like to know more about her personality.

How does she feel when she finds out she's not a biological daughter of the Grangers? That must've been quite a shock.

How does she feel when she gets sorted into Slytherin and not Gryffindor?

What was it like growing up with an older sister as smart as Hermione? Did she admire her? Did she feel she was under her shadow?

A physical description would be nice too.

Good luck with your story!

New chapter is out now!
    Purplemage

First Year Gryffindor
    HELLOO Oh yeah, this is totally AU.

You haven't said--how old are you now?
    I didn't? Merlin, I'm so sorry. I'm 15 years old, currently.

What is your relationship with Hermione like nowadays? What did it used to be like, before you found out that you weren't related?
    Well, we get along just fine. I've always considered her my best friend. Of course finding out that I wasn't really a Granger took a toll on us and our relationship. I try to be normal, as far as normal goes, I guess? I try to look for her, and talk to her and just spend time with her alone. But her friends are just a bit suspicious of me. I can't really blame them, can I? I'm the daughter of deatheaters, I suppose people will judge you. These are hard times, after all. Plus, the Slytherin community is just thrilled to have me aboard, MORE SUSPICION! Even so, Hermione is still warm to me. She is still my sister. We may not be blood-related, but I'll tell what; Hermione Granger will forever be my sister.

Oh boy! Before this not-being-related-issue happened, we were like one soul in two different bodies. There was no one I loved more than her. She was my role model, my advisor, and my best friend in the entire world. I could rely on her no matter what. Of course we argued occasionally, that's what sisters do. Especially because our personalities are different, hence, we think differently and therefore we argued. But it didn't matter because in the end we would be ok again.
    She is still immensely precious to me, I would kill for her. So, it's not been an easy ride, but I know we'll get past this... I hope.

What are Astoria, Melody, Matthew, Lisa, and John like? Is one of them your best friend/closer to you than the others?
    They are awesome! Lisa and John are a bit too conceited, and sometimes they can act like real spoiled brats. But, they do not hold it against muggles and the likes; I guess they don't really care. They are the type of people that have this really bored face all the time, I mean they rarely show any sign of feeling something. It's funny, actually. They always act so cool, and emotionless... we call them "The Stone Twins", because they have no heart. Like rocks.

Then, Astoria is real shy. She is nothing like her sister, Daphne. She prefers just to go unnoticed, while her sister is an honorary member of the jerk group (guess who leads the jerk group! RIGHT! Malfoy does.) A lot of people think she's the biggest snob in the school, which is a total lie. Slytherin is plastered with snobby people, but Astoria is definitely not one of them. I think the problem is that she just doesn't talk to anyone, really. She's quiet, and that's perfectly ok; yet people do not seem to grasp that. I also think it has to do with the reputation Daphne has. If Daphne is, in fact, a snob and hates muggle-borns and those who associate with them, then Astoria is just a mini-Daphne. Still seems a bit wacko, because she associated with me, I mean when we all thought I was a Granger. (WHICH IS STUPID! I FELT MORE HONORABLE BEING A GRANGER!). Astoria just lives under the shadow of her sister, but it's ok because she doesn't want to be like her sister at all. It took some time, but she eventually just got over what people said. She had us, after all. What else do you need?
    Oh! Astoria is also really girly. I've learned most of what I know from her. She's a sweetheart, and gives great advices.

Melody is nuts. Literally, she's mad. She's one of the weirdest people I know; of course Luna Lovegood beats her to pieces, that Ravenclaw girl is hard to beat. Again, Melody is crazy, but not Luna-like-crazy. She is loud and protests all the time, her ideas are usually ridiculous but she thinks they're the next great revolutionary event, And she [I]always[I] argues with teachers. I do not know what's to like with arguing with a teacher who clearly knows more about the subject than you do, but Melody just finds a way to make it exciting. I think that's how I would describe her, an exciting entertainer. I personally believe she is the spark that keeps our little group together. She's always optimistic and has tons of energy. I think she's hyperactive or something. Not to mention that she is the only one (and I mean THE ONLY ONE) who has gotten a smile from The Stone Twins. That just makes her fabulous.

Finally, Matthew is the glorification of patience. I do not know how he does it, if he meditates or something like that, but he is able to just keep his temper under control. I'm more of an anxious person, so I do get irritated frequently. But not Matthew. He is too cold-headed for that. He also has this annoying habit of really believing that even the meanest person can change. He’s really kind-hearted. You might be thinking: "What the hell is this dude doing in Slytherin?!" but let me tell you something, Matthew is extremely tricky. People might think he is too nice, but he tends to manipulate people by deceiving them with what he calls "The Matthew Charm". Not a very nice trait, but we love him all the same.
    Right! Almost forgot! Matthew is really mature for his age. Sometimes when you need someone to talk to you, he just blurts out some sort of philosophical principle of life and you do feel better. Most of the times, he is always right. He doesn't fight if you do not agree with him (like Melody does), he just nods and waits for you to realize that he is right and you are wrong. He's also very calculating. He observes people in too much detail, so his assumptions about them are usually correct. A complete psycho, I know. But like I said, we love him all the same.

The closest to me is Matt. A boy, ha-ha, who would have thought of that, right? The reason is simple, he was the first to stick out for me. I remember being by lake, alone, and crying because Malfoy had just ripped me apart yet again. He said I was waste of skin, that I did not belong to Slytherin, and that nobody would ever like me here. I know it sounds silly. Like, who are you to tell me this? But I was new. My only friends at that time pretty much belonged to the Gryffindor house; of course they stood by my side whenever they could. However, the bullies belonged to my house so they found ways to get me alone. Anyway, so they were all laughing at me and saying how much they loved a pet at the house... it was just so degrading. And then, all of a sudden, Matt came along. I remember thinking "Oh great, another Slytherin prat". I tried to quit crying, but they had already found me crying so... whatever. What surprised me then, is that Matt did not join their laughter. I was really embarrassed! They had never gotten a single tear out of me, but that day I was just breaking down completely, and I just did not fight back. I guess I was just losing my confidence. ANYWAY! I'm drifting from the main topic. So Matt approached me and helped me up. He didn't push me back down, like Malfoy would have done. Instead he just smiled at me, then turned to Malfoy and his gang of losers, and said that whoever decided to mess with me was messing with him too. Malfoy just said, "Whatever, freak. You'll pay for it later." and Matt answered "Yeah, you go and ask daddy permission to do that".
    He became my hero that day. And hence, my best Slytherin friend, so to speak.

Do you think Malfoy's treatment of you reflects only his prejudices, or do you think anything else affects his behavior?

All right, let me tell you what I think about Malfoy's treatment of me. He's a Jerk, with capital J. And yes, it does reflect his egotistical, and idiotic prejudices. I never did anything to him, so he has no right, whatsoever, of being so disgustingly mean to me. I had never even spoken to him, but no, the minute I sat at the Slytherin table he just had to go and open his little whinny mouth and call me a mudblood in front of the whole Slytherin community. That is just such a nice way to start your year! It really was the icing on the cake of a splendid year to come full of name-calling, constant hair pulling, and having to hide my clothes because they burned them to ashes for they had "the muggle virus", one which they did not want to catch.
    It was beyond humiliating. Bloody Draco Malfoy, the little ratty bastard, divulged all those ideas. Now, I do not think that anything else affects his behaviour, and even if something else was indeed affecting his behaviour; I wouldn’t care.

Matt says that Malfoy is conflicted. He says that he tries too hard to be his father because he thinks that will make his father proud. Matt’s parents know the Malfoys (so do my biological parents, apparently), and he says that Lucius is not particularly fond of his son. Apparently, Lucius thinks Draco is pathetic. And I couldn’t agree more! He is.
    Sometimes I think I feel bad for him, or I don’t know what I feel for him, but is something. Probably is something close to sympathy? I don’t really know. But I just think that maybe being the heir of decades of Malfoy pride can make him edgy. However, I refuse to believe he doesn’t want to be the mean jerk he is, as Matthew says. I mean, they now call me “The Slytherin Princess”, I don’t want to be the Slytherin anything! But since that started, Malfoy is increasingly nicer to me. Can you even explain that?! Because I sure can’t.

What are you interested in? Do you have a favorite class?
    I love, love, love dueling. You have to think quickly on what spell you’re going to use on your opponent. Do you want to stun him? Disarm him? Send him flying? The possibilities are endless! Plus, you also have to be aware of what your opponent is doing, and try to foresee what he or she (mind you) will do. I just think it’s so thrilling! I would love to battle Malfoy, make him stand there rapt in awe at how good I am, and of course; make a fool of him.
    I also love flying. Not so much as in Quidditch flying, but just flying without having to worry if you’re losing. I don’t like pressure I can’t control; I mean I can’t control the whole team. In dueling, for example, I can control my actions and that defines whether I lose or not. The pressure is only the one I put on myself.
    In Quidditch I can control my actions, but that doesn’t determine if whether the team wins or not (unless you’re a brilliant seeker, like Harry). Everyone else places the pressure on you.

I love Defense Against The Dark Arts. I guess the reason being is because I love combat and I can battle almost anything. I have developed the ability to lock away my fear and just move forward. That doesn’t mean I’m not scared, I am, but I just don’t let fear interfere in what I’m going to do. I think of fear as something that is imaginary. Your fear comes from created scenarios. If you are able to shut them down, and just think about that moment and not what could potentially happen, then you’re good to go. You survive.
    Also, DATDA is so interesting!
    I like Transfiguration, too. I tend to relate it with my abilities as a metamorphmagus. Morphing into something or someone else is really cool.

Which of your traits do you think makes you a Slytherin?
    Well, that’s a good question! I have asked myself this question since the moment the Sorting Hat decided I was a Slytherin. I used to think that I had nothing Slytherin-ish on me. I like to think myself of a Gryffindor who just landed in the wrong house, and that someday Dumbledore would come and apologize for this terrible mistake and I was transferred to Gryffindor. So long for dreams, huh? That never happened.
    With time, of course, I got more used to Slytherin. Thinking about it, I think I’m here because I usually do whatever needs to be done to achieve my ends, I am ingenious, I do have great ambitions, and I suppose because I was really all along a pure-blood?
    I am also a natural leader, not to brag, but I really am.

What do you have in common with Hermione? What is different about you?

Hermione and I are not so different from each other, yet not so alike either.
    She is brilliant. She is extremely logical, to the point when it can be useful but also ridiculous. She needs proof. She can’t believe something without seeing some sort of proof. Me, on the other hand, I am not dumb but I do not rely on my logic as much as Hermione does. I do not need proof to believe what a friend tells me to be true. (Except for Melody). If my friends believe it, it overly makes me curious to find out more, eventually believing it too.
    Hermione has this need to prove the world she is good enough to be a witch because of where she comes from. I don’t have that need. I don’t really care what people see me as, and I don’t have to prove myself to anyone but myself.
    She admits when she is wrong, and she work with criticism (although she rarely gets any), me I am very proud. It takes a great deal of effort for me to admit that I’m wrong, or to have someone else point my mistakes.
    Hermione is all about giving, and I can be very selfish.
    An obvious one is Hermione loves rules, and hates breaking them unless it’s absolutely necessary. I don’t care about rules; if something sounds exciting why stop for written instructions on what not to do? Because that’s what rules are.
    Hermione is a terrible liar. I am a skilled liar.
    I find that manipulating people is not really as difficult as it seems and Hermione just can’t seem to do it. I do almost the impossible to achieve my ends, and Hermione just has to weight if it is worth it or not.
    I’m a metamorphmagus and Hermione is not.
    I’m extremely sarcastic and I have a very dark sense of humour, one that Hermione does not get. Hence, Hermione doesn’t have a dark sense of humour and can be sarcastic at times but is definitely not as sarcastic as I am.

And what is have in common is the loyalty we both have towards our friends, the determination, the blunt honesty we have when giving our opinions, we both are very argumentative, and always trying to help others; which I think is a complete weakness. I’ll tell you, if I ever find someone like Malfoy looking the least miserable I’m going to try and help him. It’s hideous!

And, just because I'm curious--how did you find out that the Grangers weren't your real parents? Is it a coincidence that you were put with a Muggle family that just so happened to have another witch daughter? (Because you could totally do a plot development about that...)
    It was my 15th birthday. And when I got back to my room from dueling club, there was a letter on my pillow. I thought it was from my parents, the Grangers that is, so I hopped excitedly towards my bed and grabbed the letter. However, the envelope said “For our dearest Corinne, From: Mildred and York Lerwick.” Odd, I know. My first move was to go to the Gryffindor common room to find Hermione. Yes, I knew the password for the common room and since I could morph into anyone, it was not difficult to enter. Hermione had given me the password for emergencies only. The letter was clearly an emergency; I didn’t know these people, but maybe Hermione did.
    I entered the common room morphed as Ginny, and I found Hermione deeply concentrated on her homework. I interrupted her and she got angry and started yelling something at me. Anyway, I told her who I really was (no Ginny) and that it was important we talked, privately. She looked concerned, but she agreed. We went up to her room, she locked the door and I finally morphed back into myself. I do have to say that Slytherin colours fit me more, but anyways back to the story. I gave Hermione the letter and asked if they were relatives of us. She said no. So then, I decided on opening it. Hermione kept on saying that it could be dangerous, or it could not be for me and blah blah. I finally convinced her, so I opened it. Inside there was silver wallpaper with big green letters that said “Happy Birthday”. I remember that the card sparkled at my touch. It was a nice touch, get it? Ok no.
    I opened the card, and inside was a small memo that said: (I’m literally quoting):

Our dearest Corinne,
    You might not know who we are, or what our intensions are, but we guarantee we mean no harm. This is merely a Happy Birthday card, one that we wished to give to you with a special little message.
    For matters regarding your own safety, we cannot reveal ourselves to you. It is something we do not expect you to understand but you have to trust us this is only for your own good. It was hard letting you go, but you must know our minds are always thinking of you and our hearts were yours the moment you were born.
    I am not supposed to have any sort of contact with you, but I cannot find it in me to stay away anymore. I would like to ask you to send me a letter whenever you feel like it, and I’ll be here reading it. We will listen and we will try to answer when time gives us the chance. I do not have specific questions simply write whatever you want. We’ll understand if you do not want to answer us, but if you decide to do so we’ll be very pleased to read your letters.

Moreover, to return this letter, please seek Draco Malfoy.

A very Happy Birthday to you, my dear.
    With great love,
    Mildred Lerwick and York Lerwick

P.S: It is hard for us to send letters, and most probably you will get them through the young Malfoy. But please, do try.

That was what the letter said. I didn’t let Hermione read it. I just told her it was all a joke that Melody had come up with. I do not know if she bought it, because I left real quickly with the excuse of thanking Melody. I wasn’t really looking for Melody, she had already given me a present that very same morning and I had thanked her already. In reality, I went looking for Malfoy. I went first to the lake, because that’s what he chose to be his new favourite spot. That was MY favourite spot first, mind you. Either way, I didn’t find him there. I didn’t know where else he could be because I was not his stalker. I’m sure Pansy knew all his hangout places but not me. So, instead, I decided to wait for him to show up. He always did, eventually, to taunt me. But this time, he was not going to taunt me; he was going to give me answers. As I waited, a hand suddenly fell on my shoulder. I reacted quickly; turning around with wand in hand, ready to attack. But I came up front with Narcissa Malfoy, who pretty much scolded me. Sort of.
    She said she had just had a talk with her son, and that he was “all set to go”, and that Draco was waiting for me at the Clock Tower, then she just simply walked away. Leaving me with more questions. I had never been so incredibly frustrated in my whole life!
    I did not know why I had to go and see Draco bloody Malfoy at the Clock Tower at an hour that seemed on purpose convenient for said tower to be completely isolated from human life! And I knew I had to be bonkers to go there alone. But I really needed answers. What did these people meant when they said that their hearts were mine the moment I was born? They couldn’t possible have been present on my birth date, Hermione would have recognized the names. They had to be great friends of my parents if they saw me being born. And they probably weren’t because neither my sister nor I knew of them. Those were the kind of thoughts that crossed my mind.
    I eventually went to the Clock tower, and Malfoy was eventually there, waiting for me. He didn’t seemed very thrilled to be there, but then again, neither was I.
    I asked for answer to the letter, which I showed him. He took it and read through it. (I felt like such a bad person! I didn’t let Hermione read but I did allow Malfoy to!)
    Malfoy seemed surprise for like a second before he returned to his snobby little ratty face. He explained what her mother, apparently, had just explained to him. I didn’t believe him. I started yelling at him. I told him all of this was probably to mess with my head because he did nothing but to try and make my life as miserable as he possibly could. He said he wasn’t lying, he was also yelling by this point.
    Finally he said something like “I’m done with this, take it whichever way you want!” He threw some pictures at me, and my birth certificate. I had never seen my birth certificate before. My parents said they had lost it, but strangely enough they never looked for a replica, which the hospital could have provided them.
    AND, that’s how I knew that Malfoy wasn’t lying. A picture is worth more than thousand words, right?

And to be honest, I really do not know if it was coincidence. It seems stupid for me to think that they are protecting me from the wizarding world (that was my guess, but maybe it is the right guess!) by giving me up to a family who has a daughter that belongs to the said world. The letter said it was for my own safety, but screw that, what do I need to be safe from? I’m not Harry Potter.
    I’m still trying to find more about all this mess. Befriending Malfoy might take a while.

First Year Gryffindor
    Hello ☺, sure here it goes:

How does she feel when she finds out she's not a biological daughter of the Grangers? That must've been quite a shock.

It was a huge shock. Have you ever woken up and realised that your life has been a lie? I don’t think so! I barely even remember what happened after I came to terms with the painful truth. I remember just trying to convince myself that it was a really low, LOW prank that Malfoy was pulling on me. But the reasonable part of me asked about the pictures, that was definitely me. I finally had an explanation as to where the ******* pendant that I have got since I was this little baby ball came from. It was a gift from my real parents. My head just started hurting so bad, I felt nauseous, and my eyes started to drop tears without me even realising it until later. I broke down in the Clock Tower. Alone. I had never screamed so much in my life. I was so angry, so hurt. I was so confused. I did not know what was going to happen to my life now. Where would I go during Holidays? Was I going back to the Grangers? THE GRANGERS! Why didn’t they tell me I wasn’t their daughter when they KNEW!
    And the next thing I know, I woke up at the Hospital Wing the next morning. Apparently I was found unconscious in the Clock Tower. Maybe I passed out. Scratch that, I definitely passed out.

How does she feel when she gets sorted into Slytherin and not Gryffindor?
    I remember looking at Hermione, with help written all over my face. I was expecting her to jump up in the air and be all like “YOU CAN’T DO THAT! SHE’S MY SISTER!” But apparently it doesn’t work like that. My heart started beating so quickly and so loudly that I could have sworn everyone in the room heard it. I was deadly scared. Seeing the worried look on Hermione’s face did not help in the least. I know my sister is brave, if she was worried for me there had to be a good reason. I do not think she would have reacted like that if I were placed in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, because she had told me about Slytherin and its reputation and I did not think I made the cut.
    And when I spotted Draco Malfoy, dread just overcame me. I remember I wanted to scream to the bloody hat, throw it to the ground and hit it senseless! As I sat in the table, I sighed and told myself I could do this. But then Malfoy opened his BIG FAT MOUTH and it just exploited into something nasty.

What was it like growing up with an older sister as smart as Hermione? Did she admire her? Did she feel she was under her shadow?
    I do admire her, was not to admire? She’s so tenacious, brave, and so smart. She’s good at everything she decides to try out. Except sports, I am the one who’s good at that. It was difficult sometimes, because she’s just good at everything. She could easily outshine me in everything (except sports, mind you), and sometimes she did. And I just saw how my parents were so proud of her and I sat there like “hey, I’m here too!” At least I could change my hair colour. That’s something she never could do.
    I did not live under her shadow because we did different things. I’m interested in different things, so we did not compete as much.

A physical description would be nice too.
    Well, I am average height, around 5’4”. I have sandy brown hair, but sometimes it seems blonde under the sunlight; I suppose it’s because I have some highlights, natural highlights, though. I do not dye my hair. Of course my hair colour changes because I can make it change, and I like changing it so it doesn’t stay brown forever. But my NATURAL hair colour is sandy brown. My eyes are green, and I have light, pale, white skin. I am one of those people who, if exposed during great periods of time under the sun, get rather red-ish. Although I am grateful that I do not stay red! I go tan. But I do not tan as often, not a very big fan. With regards to my face, Astoria says I have “delicate features” I do not really know what she means by that. What I see in the mirror is two eyes, a nose, and thin, but rosy lips. I have a small nose, slightly pointy. But just slightly, it’s barely noticeable unless you stare carefully. I think I have normal-length eyelashes. My brows are not bushy; I do not really have to fix them. They’re naturally shaped. I have a few freckles spread throughout my nose and the corners of my eyes. I have moles, but don’t think I’m covered in moles. Wrong. My hair is not bushy like Hermione’s, it is actually more controlled. I think it is because my hair is not as curly as Hermione’s, mine is sort of in-between straight and curly. Wavy, I think?