Miss you x 2
    Come back
    Snowy night
    Handcuffs
    Butterbeer bottles
    Fire
    Rainy kisses

Wishes: FILLED
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 02-17-2013 at 06:39 AM.

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Trust
    Pairing: James Potter I/Lily Potter(or Evans)
    Candy Heart Used: Handcuffs
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years/sexual situations
    Author's Note: I hope this is how you wanted the candy heart to be used, Nadia!

Hearing the front door open, Lily looked up from her book. James was home. It was always a relief to know that he had made it back to Godric's Hollow safely, even if he had only gone round to Sirius's for a drink. She knew he felt the same way whenever she went out without him. But she didn't want to spend her time thinking like that. She was young and happy and her fiancé had just come home with a mischievous look on his face.

“Lily?” he called from the hall.

“Yeah,” she replied.

“I've, um... I found something today, and, well...” James's voice was lost to a laugh.

“What have you got?”

James finally came into the living room. In his hand was something Lily would never have expected to see in her house.

“I don't know what they're called, but Muggles use them to--”

“I know what they are,” Lily interrupted, giggling. “Handcuffs are pretty common, James.”

“But they're so strange!” he said. “Imagine actually having these on your wrists. It must be horrible.”

“That's rather the point,” Lily said, rolling her eyes. “The police use them for prisoners.”

James inclined his head. “But then why were they on sale in--”

Lily cut him off again. “I don't want to know where you've been. I can guess what sort of shop would sell you handcuffs, but I'd rather not have you confirm it.” She knew she should disapprove – Sirius and James couldn't be trusted to mix with Muggles in her experience – but she couldn't keep the smile off her face.

“That's probably for the best.” He had the decency to look slightly abashed. “But seriously, why would Muggles want these things? Apart from for arresting people, I mean.”

Lily hesitated, looking at the floor. How did could she even begin to explain this to him? And then it hit her. He had brought them home. Why explain when she could just show? Biting her lip, she looked back up and stepped forwards.

“You really have no idea, James?” she asked, innocently.

He tilted his head, looking puzzled. She held his gaze, stepping closer and closer until they were less than an inch apart. When she could feel his breath on her nose, she smiled.

She flicked her wand. The handcuffs snapped into place. James's wrists were bound in cold, hard steel.

This was going to be fun, she decided.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Leave Me Alone... Not
    Pairing: Scorpius/Rose
    Candy Heart Used: Rainy kisses
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years, sexual situations
    Author's Note: Well, I'm just glad that I changed my decision about using the handcuffs.

“Leave me alone, Scorpius. We can’t be together.”

Rose ran into the torrential rain, her salty tears mingling with the clear water from the skies. She heard him follow her, but she wished he’d stop. She didn’t want to look at him again; she didn’t want to stare into those eyes as blue as hers, because it only hurt more that she couldn’t have him.

“Rose.”

His voice was muffled due to the roar of the wind, and the sound of the rain hitting rooftops, but she could hear the desperation. She longed to turn around and face him, and to hug him. She craved his lips on hers. But this couldn’t happen. None of those things were possible now.

“Rose, listen to me.”

She didn’t reply; she just made her way towards the castle, passing all the other students under multi-coloured umbrellas, who seemed to be enjoying the rain, the weather, and their day at Hogsmeade.

She was at the gates. Scorpius hadn’t called out to her again, but she knew he was still right behind her. But why couldn’t he understand? This couldn’t happen! She and Scorpius couldn’t be together.

“He and his Slytherin friends beat up my mate, Rosie.”

Rose’s jaw dropped at Hugo’s words. “But he wouldn’t — he’s not like that!”

“He is like that, Rosie,” said Hugo sadly. “Just not in front of you. Please don’t go out with him.”

Rose sighed. “Hugo… I —”

“For me?”

“I really like him…”

“You’ll find someone else! I’m scared he’ll hurt you. Break-up with him, Rosie. Please!”

The conversation had gone on for a while, until Hugo threatened to stop talking to Rose if she didn’t stop dating Scorpius. In a desperate decision, Rose decided that her brother, whom she had known for fifteen years, was more important than a boy she’d known a little more than six years. Family came first.

Rose stopped running and started to walk. She didn’t dare turn around. If she continued walking like this, and continued to ignore Scorpius for a long time, maybe she’d forget him one day. Maybe…

A firm, wet hand grasped at her forearm and turned her around. Suddenly, she was staring at the very face she wanted to avoid; the very person she wanted to ignore for the rest of her life. He didn’t see the additional tears that fell down her face, though, and she thanked the rain for that.

“Go away, Scorpius,” she sniffed.

Scorpius looked hurt. “Are you at least going to tell me why…?”

She bit her lip and sighed. “Hugo told me everything…”

“And let me guess, he just told you his side of the story.”

Rose did not reply to him. She merely tried to free herself from Scorpius’s grasp. “Let me go.”

His blue eyes looked furious, but he didn’t let go. Instead, his other arm wound itself around Rose’s waist and he pulled her close, hungrily placing his lips on hers. She could feel a sob erupt in her throat. This felt so good… she wanted this… but Hugo…

She pulled away and shook her head, as Scorpius emerged from the kiss, looking confused and miserable. “I’m sorry,” she said.

The confusion on his face turned into anger again. “Well then, I put my foot down too. I love you, Rose, and I’m not able to give-up on you because of something that your baby brother said. And I’d suggest that you ask him for the other side of the story before you judge me.”

He offered no other explanation as he came forward to kiss her again. But she moved away. He had just said something that she wanted to hear for a second time. “What did you just say?” she asked him.

“I love you,” he said, not bothering to pretend as though he didn’t know what she was talking about. He came forward, and she let him kiss her this time.

“Say that again,” she panted, as they broke apart.

“I love you,” he offered, and she cupped his face in her hands and kissed him this time.

“I love you too, Scorpius.”

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Wow, these two are absolutely brilliant! I adored the James and Lily one; I can imagine what Lily's gonna do to him :3. And yes, you're right, that's what I'd meant by the handcuffs .

And that Rose and Scorpius one was so lovely! I do hope you'd turn this into a one shot -- I'm dying to know what Scorpius's side of the story was.

Thank you guys! <33

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: A Family Emergency
    Pairing: James/Lucy
    Candy Heart used: Miss you
    Rating/warnings: 3rd-5th years; profanity
    Author's note: I have no idea where this came from, lol.

“And for the fourth time, James Potter of the Wasps has managed to drop the Quaffle, to the delight of the Arrows, who — yes — have scored their twelfth goal so far! The Arrows are leading at one hundred and twenty to sixty.”

The roar of the crowd may have been for the opposing team, but James was somehow spurred on, and it was with increasing determination that he pursued the Chaser who currently had the Quaffle. The cold air whipped his face, but this did not impede James; at least, he tried not to let it stop him, and with a brave lunge forwards, he attempted to intercept the ball as the Chaser threw it to the Chaser above him —

And then everything went black.

A soft and shockingly familiar voice entered James’s ears as he slowly came to, although his eyelids felt far too heavy for him to open his eyes. But he didn’t need to see his cousin Lucy to recognise her ever familiar scent or her light Cockney accent.

“So he seems to be fine, just a cracked skull. There’s no lasting damage, you’ll be pleased to know, and he didn’t even have concussion.”

James was surprised at the annoyance in the other speaker’s voice, which he immediately recognised as that of the Captain, Harper Smith. James managed to open his eyes a crack, and he could see Lucy clearly from where he was lying; Smith’s back was to him as he said, “No, I’m not bloody pleased my Chaser’s just gone and got his skull cracked open, and I definitely am not glad that he lost us the game!”

“Mr Smith—”

“He was sh*t at scoring goals during the match, anyway,” Smith continued contemptuously, and that moment, James caught Lucy’s eye.

“I think it’s time you left, Mr Smith,” Lucy told him firmly. “James — Mr Potter needs to rest. And I would have thought that you would be happy that your Chaser is at least alive.”

With that, Lucy pointed to the door, and James couldn’t help but grin; he missed her no-nonsense attitude and the challenging way in which she arched her eyebrows. His mind was still too clouded to admonish himself for thinking such things about his own cousin yet again, however, and he therefore allowed himself to meet her eyes as Smith left the room and Lucy approached him.

“I didn’t know you were the medic for this game,” he murmured.

“Neither did I,” she replied. “I'm covering for a friend — she had a family emergency or something, so I said I’d come over since I had the day off.”

“Am I all right?” he asked.

She blushed, her rigid demeanour slipping a little for the first time. “You’re more than all right. I… you know how I — feel about you, James, and—”

“I meant medically,” James said dryly, and all semblance of control seemed to disappear from Lucy.

“Damn, James. You’re fine. You just need to rest, that’s all. I think I should—”

He didn’t quite know why he reached out and grabbed her hand, but her palm (nearly the same size as his) felt just right in his, and it felt like the right thing to do.

Was this how Lucy felt when she had kissed him during a rare moment of drunkenness? Because James could tell something was there. What that was, he didn’t know, but he wanted to.

“How do you feel about me?” he asked, only realising a moment later how blunt this must have sounded. Her features shrank a little, and he wasn’t sure if it was to placate her or just because he wanted to, but he lifted his finger to her cheek and ran it down her jaw.

“I thought I made myself pretty obvious a few years back,” she finally said. “And I was quite sure I was being pretty obvious right now, but clearly not.”

And then it clicked. “There is no friend,” he said. “No family emergency. You just wanted to see me?”

“Well, the family emergency thing is true,” Lucy corrected with a smile. “I mean, I haven’t seen you in years. I wanted to… catch up, and here was a ready excuse.”

“And that’s all?”

James met her eyes fully, trying to tell her what he couldn’t get out in words — that maybe he did love her back, maybe the reason why he went to train with the Arrows was because he didn’t know what he wanted at the time but now he did. After all, there were issues. He had no idea how any of their family would react to their relationship — if they even had one, that was.

She looked scared. He could tell that much. James moved his hand to her hair, brushing away the single strand that fell in front of her eyes, and at last, she leaned forward and kissed his lips.

“I’ve missed you,” James said softly.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Love Always
    Pairing: James Potter II/Lucy
    Candy Heart Used: miss you
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years: mild profanity, excessive angst, mental disorders, character death
    Author's Note: Sorry for the rushedness and probably mistakes, but I just wrote this to get it in in time. I hope you like it, though, despite the angst. Oh, and some Perks inspiration.

Dear Journal,

Al said to try this, so I will, even though I think it’s stupid.

It’s a stormy night, the best kind, but it’s also the worst. Ignoring any protest from Al I walk out of the Burrow, your broom clutched firmly in my hand. The wood feels smooth, but worn, kind of like your hands did. It just fits you… and I know it’s stupid, but this is when I feel closest to you.

On a stormy night, flying your broom. It’s just like the night you died, and the memories are flooding my brain, and I need to run far, far away. But I also need you; I need you to tell me it’ll be all right, that I can go on, that somehow you’re all right. I need to hear your voice, not the howling of the wind and the cracks of lightening. We’re all trying to move on, but I just seem to hold onto you – or rather the memory of you – even tighter. It’s so hard though, because there’s a huge hole in our lives that none of us can fill.

There’s no one to fill the awkward silences, there’s no one to make me smile when I just want to scream, and there’s no one to hold me tight and tell me it’ll be okay. There’s no one who knows my little secret anymore, but it’s killing me slowly inside. They all think I’m missing my best friend, my Almost Older Brother.

Quickly mounting, I take off into the night, and remember how much I used to hate flying. Until you left.

It was at the end of the first week I found your broom. Then, just like I am now, I flew for hours and hours. I screamed and cried and yelled at you for leaving me, for leaving everyone, and it was like you where there with me. I wasn’t afraid of falling, and I could almost feel your arms around my waist, keeping me aloft.

It was honestly always you, even when I knew you went to The Bad Place. I could see you weren’t sleeping, I remembered the days you would hardly talk, and when nothing I could say could shake you out of your mind. Somehow, though, you were there for me. When I was failing Potions, you helped me, and when I dated that b*****d that you told me would hurt me, you were there every time I came back in tears. God, you were so perfect, and you understood.

Now, as I feel the wind shake the broom, I remember the best moment with you, way back in the secluded corner of the castle.

“What is it, James?” I had asked, annoyed, because I was trying to write an essay the period before it was due.

“You seem … peeved,” you’d then teased, before snatching my quill and twirling it around your fingers. “I don’t think you should be so stressed, you might even start sprouting some grey hairs.”

“James, I swear to Merlin give me the bloody quill.” I had tried to make my voice low, but by this point you were already making funny faces at me to distract me.

“Hmm…. Nope. You’ll have to get it,” he taunted, and I saw the familiar sparkle in his hazel eyes. Within minutes, we were nose to nose, and I smelt the familiar musk of the Quidditch field mixed with some other intoxicating scent. That was when he leaned in, and though I tried to look down, his lips met mine.

At first it was tentative, because we were cousins and why would we do this, but then it evolved. It got greedy, and I felt something grow fiery in the pits of my stomach. I had kissed plenty of other boys, but not like this. This time it meant something, and I found I didn’t care. It was James, and James was perfect.

It didn’t get better from there, though. I loved the moments with you, and even told Al, but I realized too late it was tearing you apart. You felt guilty, and you just got worse. The circles under your eyes were too deep, and though you tried to fight it your mind was winning.

I’m sorry, James. I ‘m sorry I did this to you, and that I drove you to a place where you couldn’t come out. Now it’s my turn to hurt, to hope that by some miracle lighting will strike and it will all be over.

But I don’t. When the morning comes, I’ll just fly back down and try to continue with my life, to wipe the tears off my face. I just can’t wait to see you again.

Love always,
    Lucy

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Gilded
    Pairing: Draco/Astoria
    Candy Heart Used: Pearls
    Ratings/Warnings: 3rd-5th years/mild language and angst
    Author's Note: This is a little odd, ngl.

“Astoria, dear, you look absolutely stunning in those pearls.”

I hate this. You’re all so bloody fake, with your plastic smiles sitting sourly on your overly red lips and identical sets of pearls. This is not how it should be, this is the fairytale of the old world. I am no longer that girl; the dainty, quiet little thing who obeyed everyone’s every command.

“I can’t believe the day is finally here. You’re going to live in a manor!”

Everything always relates to money, doesn’t it? None of these people care about anything more than their pocketbooks or their wardrobe. They’re constantly trying to push themselves forward, but not by their own merit; after all why work when there’s a husband? No, they don’t want to have to lift a pretty little manicured finger. I guess I won’t have to, either, after today.

“You’ve grown up too fast, and you’re so beautiful.”

They’re practically pushing me down the aisle now. The lies are more and more plain, less guarded by the sugary-sweetness of the lips that cannot voice their true thoughts and scream. I wonder how many of the girls here would kill to be me, if only for the money. I couldn’t care less anymore about that. This is about what happened on 2nd May, and how they all see my ugliness. There’s some scars magic can’t erase, and my face is destroyed by one of them.

“The dress is just too lovely, Astoria.”

At least my sister doesn’t even try to despise her hatred. She is envious of me, of how I’m getting my ‘fairytale’, and she’s stuck on a merry-go-round of lies and drugs with Michael, wishing nothing more to just jump off. But she can’t. She loves him.

It wasn’t until the war I really understood the word ‘gilded’. We painted the perfect picture of a pureblood society before; socialite ladies, though the alcohol steadily made its appearance earlier and earlier in the day, strong business men for husband. Have a few beautiful children, continue the cycle. No one mentions what happens behind closed doors, or how insane everyone actually is, or the horrible things that they do.

The thing I can say is that he hates it just as much as I do. The music’s playing, and I hate this stupid dress and pearls, and all the people before me, but not the person at the altar. We’re selling the manor, buying a flat in London. He’s not popular because of his war mistakes, but I don’t care. He saved my life, and he’s the only person in the room I trust.

“You are so beautiful.”

His voice is a whisper, and there’s a tear rolling down his cheek. He actually loves me, and he doesn’t care that of half my face is destroyed, or I want to go to university with the Muggles, or that I hate make-up with a passion.

I can’t wait to see everyone’s faces when they find out what we’re doing. We’re running from them all, never looking back. Money is something we have, but not something we care about. We’re starting fresh together, so much different from the ‘perfect’ models of purebloods we’d pretended to be for so long. It’s just us.

We sealed the deal with a kiss.