nose kisses
    starry night
    forever neverafter
    museums
    bleeding heart
    remember me
    every breath

Wishes: Filled!
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 02-17-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Star-crossed
    Pairing: James II/Lucy
    Candy Heart used: starry night
    Rating/warnings: 3rd-5th years; kissing?
    Author's note: I was planning on making it slightly angsty but I'm not sure how that turned out. Hope you like it anyway, Ellie! <3

She lay beside me, and as cheesy as it sounds, I can’t help but thinking she’s an angel sent down from the heavens.

Sprawled on the grass, inhaling the earthly scent of the soil and the soft fragrance of her hair, I turn my face away from her to look up at the sky. Tiny blinking lights are dotted across the night, their light flickering as the clouds pass over them. She loves to come out to the grounds on clear nights to gaze at the stars. I come along to stare at her.

My hand moves over the grass till it finds hers, and I slowly interlacing our fingers together. I take a glance at her face – she turns her head towards me and smiles a smile that melts my heart.

“It’s lovely today,” she says.

“It is,” I agree, looking into her eyes, noticing for the first time that her brown irises are flecked with hazel.

She scowls. “James, you’re not even looking at the sky.”

“I was,” I say defensively, trying to look affronted.

She laughs, and it rings melodiously in my ears. “Nice try, but I’m not buying that.”

I smirk. “What’s so beautiful about the stars anyway?” I ask. “They’re just… dots.”

“You have no sense of imagination,” she huffs, shaking her head. “Don’t you see all those patterns they form?” she asked, pointing up to the stars. “That is Cygnus--” she traces imaginary lines between two stars with her fingers –“And that there is Capricorn, your zodiac sign!”

“Boring.” I say, shrugging. “ And I see something prettier than that.”

She lets her hand drop to her side and turns her neck to look at me sideways. “What?”

Pulling her to me, I kiss her lips softly. “You.”

She leans into me, deepening the kiss. It was sweet and slow, kind of reminding me of our first kiss as her smooth lips move easily against mine. I can taste strawberries on her lips – she had used my favourite lip gloss. My fingers trace patterns onto her back as she shivers against me, clenching the fabric of my shirt in her hands.

She pulls away, looking away from me. “We should go back now,” she whispers. “If Roxy finds us... It’s her turn to patrol the grounds--”

I sigh, getting to my feet and pulling her up. “Okay,” I mumble, pulling out the Invisibility cloak from my bag. She notices my expression and frowns at me, but says nothing. I avert my eyes from her, hoping she doesn’t see that I was upset. Unfurling it, I tossed it over her and myself, pulling her back to the castle.

As we walk along the seventh floor corridor, she comes to a stop, grabbing my hand.

“Lucy, what’s wrong?” I ask, puzzled.

She takes my hand and looks into my eyes. “You know I love you.”

I feel the sincerity in her voice and feel the anger ebb away. Cupping her cheeks, I can’t help but reply, “I know. And I love you.”

She smiles weakly at me.

Dropping my hands from her cheeks, I take her hand and try to grin. “Come on now, we don’t want Roxy to find us do we?”

She bites her lower lip to refrain from laughing out loud. It was so easy for her to change from one mood to another. “No we don’t!” she whispers.

Smiling genuinely this time, I pull her along the corridor towards the portrait of the Fat Lady.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Under His Skin
    Pairing: Scorpius/Albus
    Candy Heart used: forever neverafter
    Rating/warnings: 6th/7th Years – Sexual Situations, Mild profanity, Slash, Teenage Asshattery
    Author's note: This sprawled out a lot further than I anticipated. This is basically a chunk taken out of what I originally wrote, which was nearly 2k.

Some secrets are kept for the comfort of those around a person, rather than for that person’s benefit, and Albus had one such secret. While he hadn’t nor would he have openly denied it, he didn’t make a point of advertising his preference for the same gender. He wasn’t ashamed or in denial so much as he wanted his roommates to feel comfortable around him. That and it would give Malfoy’s lot one less reason to mess him about.

But strangely enough, ever since that day in the library a month before, Scorpius had not bothered Albus once. Granted, it didn’t stop his friends from doing it, but here and there, Albus would catch an apologetic glance or an annoyed eyeroll. It seemed an uncharacteristic show of respect on Scorpius’s part, but nothing more. That is, of course, until it became much, much more.

It was the last Hogsmeade weekend before NEWTs, but even the academics were trickling out for their last hurrah. The streets of the village were teeming with boisterous teenagers filled to the brim with Butterbeer and sweets, plus a few other choice substances. Naturally, since both the Hog’s Head and The Three Broomsticks were forbidden from serving Hogwarts students liquor or lager, several students went out of their way to get it anyway.

Albus wasn’t surprised to see a drunken Scorpius staggering through the street with his wobbly entourage in tow. He’d even planned for it and ducked behind the nearest building until their cloud of noise passed by safely. Breathing a sigh of relief, he turned to head over to the local branch of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes to chat with his cousin Rose when he blindly slammed right into someone.

The collision was accompanied by a loud string of expletives as a heavy, limp body landed on top of his. Albus looked to see who had landed on top of him, only to find it was Scorpius Malfoy.

“Don’t think you’re getting away that easily, Potter,” the other boy said with an obvious slur. “I’ve been looking for you all day.”

“Wonderful,” Albus wheezed. Every breath felt like it was on fire as he struggled to take in any air under Scorpius’s weight. “And here I’d thought you forgot your favourite pastime.”

Apparently oblivious to Albus’s sarcasm, Scorpius cocked his head to the side and said, “Your eyes are green.”

“I’m aware of that, now —” bracing his hands on Scorpius’s shoulders, Albus grunted, “— get off of me!” With a mighty shove, both of them were sent rolling in the dirt. All Albus could think about was drawing a full breath, but Scorpius just sat there and laughed, even as he wiped mud from his face.

“I just had the most fantastic idea, Potter,” Scorpius said. “Come and help me up.”

Wary of any of Scorpius’s ‘fantastic ideas’, Albus approached warily but held out his hand, but as he braced himself to haul his drunken companion off the ground, he found himself being pulled toward the dirt and directly on top of Scorpius’s chest. “Oi!” he managed to squeak before landing with a thump.

Too stymied to recoil, Albus gawked at Scorpius as the latter examined him closely. “You know, Potter, I’ve always wanted to try something. And I suppose I fancy trying it on you.”

Before Albus got a chance to object, a warm pair of lips pressed against his. Though they were slightly fumbling and tasting of whisky, there was a unique flavour that Albus just knew could never belong to anyone else; of its own accord, Albus’s body responded to this new and exciting contact as he returned the kiss he never knew he wanted until that very moment. But almost as soon as it started, it was over.

“I knew it,” Scorpius said with a smirk. “You’re bent.”

“Shut up!” Albus cried.

Scoffing, Scorpius drawled, sounding much more sober than he had earlier. “Come off it, Potter. I can feel your stiffy on my thigh. You’re definitely queer.”

Albus gaped in stunned silence as Scorpius pushed out from underneath him and headed back towards the main street. In the distance, he could hear words that were going to haunt him later. “You owe me ten Galleons, Hartpence. I got wood!”

The accompanying sound of laughter ground into Albus’s chest like the heel of a boot. He felt dirty and vile and used, but the thing that made him feel the sickest was that he was sure of one thing: he still wanted Scorpius.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: In the Air
    Pairing: Scorpius/Louis
    Candy Heart used: every breath
    Rating/warnings: 6th/7th Years – Strong Profanity, Slash
    Author's note: I could probably do better than this, but not in fewer than 5000 words.

Scorpius grunted loudly as he chucked the Quaffle towards the far right hoop, and the sound of leather striking metal rang across the pitch. Bollocks. Fat, hairy, shrivelled, bloody Hippogriff bollocks. That was his fifth miss in as many tries, but he couldn’t throw straight if his life depended on it.

“Aim’s still off, Malfoy!” came a vaguely familiar voice from the stands. “Though I suppose aiming too far left on purpose might do the trick.”

Glaring over at his unwanted guest, Scorpius couldn’t see anything but red hair and a ruddy smudge that he supposed were Gryffindor Quidditch robes. At least it was something. “Stow it, Weasley, or I’ll shove this Quaffle so far up your arse you’ll be chewing on it!”

The Mystery Weasley seemed to be coming closer. Scorpius assumed he was on a broom, and as the now-recognisable Louis Weasley approached, he saw that this was the case. “Bugger off, Weasley. I’ve got work to do.”

Looking pointedly towards the ring that Scorpius struck, Louis shook his head. “Without success, I see.” Flying much closer than Scorpius wanted him to be, Louis stared into Scorpius’s eyes intently before moving his hand back and forth across his field of vision. Annoyed, Scorpius swatted at Louis’s hand, only to find he’d missed completely.

“That’s what I figured.” Louis shook his head. “Look, Malfoy, I know you’ve got a big match against Ravenclaw soon, but you’ve got a concussion. If you try to fly in this state, you’re likely to get yourself killed.”

Ignoring Louis’s concerned speech, Scorpius grumbled, “Bulls***. I’m fine, and you’re sticking your spotty nose where it doesn’t belong.” Summoning the Quaffle again, Scorpius aimed for the space between the middle and right hoops and just barely snuck a shot in at the far side of the right hoop. “F***.”

Louis sighed. “I really didn’t want to do this, but if you don’t go see Madam Pomfrey about this, I’m going to go tell her myself.” He poked Scorpius in the chest — hard. “You’re one of the best Chasers this school has seen in years, and you’d be an idiot to risk your future in a match against a team someone could outfly with a Comet 200 and a greased Quaffle.”

“Don’t you dare, Weasley, I mean it!” Scorpius hissed between clenched teeth. He wanted to punch this git so badly he could taste it. “It’s none of your business, and it’s my risk to take.” Moving his broom to a more hospitable distance, he snapped, “Why you even care, anyway.”

With a harrumph, Louis sneered, “I’m starting to wonder that myself. I thought I was looking after a fellow player, but as you’re too stupid to know what’s good for you, I can’t imagine why I should bother.”

“Then don’t!” Scorpius roared. Tired of looking at Louis’s face, he swiped his wand angrily and was satisfied when a bright burst of light hurtled towards his annoying counterpart. However, his delight turned sour quickly when he saw that the tail twigs on Louis’s broom had caught fire, and that small blaze inched its way onto the nearby fabric of the robes.

Incognisant of the danger, Louis let out a yelp of surprise when his broom lurched tail-first towards the pitch. His hands gripped the shaft, but the smooth wood betrayed him to gravity, and soon Louis was nearly face-level with his burning tail twigs. Scorpius aimed his broom for the open air beneath Louis and flew. Once he was in position, he called, “Let go! I’ll catch you!”

“Not bloody likely!” Louis coughed. “You couldn’t catch a cold right now, and I’m too heavy.”

“You’re a f***ing moron, Weasley, you know that?” Scorpius shouted before inching his way upwards. Once he could get a solid grip on Louis’s fluttering robes, he gave a great yank and was rewarded with a flailing Gryffindor landing on the front of his broom. However, the sudden shift in weight didn’t sit well with his own broom, either, and Scorpius found himself slipping off the back end, with Louis not far behind. Before he fell completely, he grabbed onto one of the stirrups while managing to direct Louis’s nearest hand towards the other.

So there they were, dangling chest-to-chest thirty feet above the ground, and Scorpius found it too funny to ignore. A laugh bubbled in his gut, and every breath turned into a new fit of amusement. He almost missed the fact that Louis was nearly as mirthful, and as the broom slowly drifted down to the grass, they cackled madly together.

As Scorpius was the taller, his feet landed first, but when he let go, the broom bobbled, sending Scorpius flying backwards and Louis down straight on top of him. Once again, they were face to face, but this contact was different, Scorpius could tell. There was a strange look on Louis’s face, one he couldn’t decipher.

“That broomstick’s going to cost you, Malfoy,” Louis breathed, his words tickling Scorpius’s cheek.

A strange tingle erupted in Scorpius’s belly. All he could focus on were Louis’s eyelashes, which were long and dark, despite his colouring. F***ing eyelashes. However, all thoughts of eyelashes flitted away when lips brushed.

“Wh-what?” Scorpius stammered, not sure if what he thought happened had actually occurred.

“You wanted to know why I cared about what happens to you.” Moving his mouth directly over Scorpius’s ear, Louis whispered, “Now you know.”

Scorpius’s throat hitched, both a combination of Louis’s weight pressing on his chest and the bizarre rush of sensation from warm breath on his ear. This was beyond ridiculous. Scorpius wasn’t gay, and if he were, he sure as hell wouldn’t fancy a loser like Weasley.

But something stopped him, an earnestness in Louis’s eyes. As if sensing this hesitation, Louis said, “I don’t expect you to feel the same way, but please, if not for me than for your own sake, please go see Madam Pomfrey.” He hoisted himself up and stood offering a hand to Scorpius.

That was the choice. Take Weasley’s hand and sit out the match, or ignore all of this nonsense and do what he wanted to do. The simplest of selections with the most complex connotations. But what the hell?

Scorpius held out his hand.

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Bleeding Love
    Pairing: Helga/Salazar
    Candy Heart used: Bleeding Heart
    Rating/warnings: 3rd-5th years; sexual situations
    Author's note: THis was actually a lot of fun to write and had been floating around my head for a bit. If I were any good at Founder's Era, I would totally make this into a oneshot. Lyrics from Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis

"This is stupid, you know," Salazar whispers in Helga's ear in the dark.

"Oh, but it's just so reckless," Helga croons, as she rolls back into Salazar and begins to kiss his neck.

"Recklessness is for Godric," Salazar says, as he grabs her and rolls back on top of her. "No, this is just an opportunity." He put his lips back onto hers, and soon, the sheets are no longer neat.

<i>I don't care what they say,
    I'm in love with you.</i>

"Helga, you can't be serious," Rowena says over a cup of tea. "Salazar?"

"But I think he really loves me," Helga answers, lifting the cup to her lips. "I mean, he's just so nice and caring all the time."

"Oh, please, Helga, Salazar hasn't loved a woman in his life. He's incapable of love. He just says what he needs to say so that he can get them to do his bidding."

"You just don't understand, Rowena. What we have is real, and it's going to last. I love him more than anyone I've ever loved before."

"Oh, I don't know? There was a time that Salazar was bedding me, you know. He comes across as so charming and handsome, but all he really cares about is how you can please him."

"Stop," Helga says. "It's different, okay?"

"How can it be different?" Rowena asks. "He stands against everything you stand for. He and Godric fight constantly, and if you ask me, he's going to leave, and there's nothing you can do to stop it."

"But we love each other," Helga almost pleads.

"He doesn't love you enough to stay."

<i>You cut me open and I
    Keep bleeding, keep, keep bleeding love<i>

Helga and Salazar lay in the dark after another night.

"I'm leaving, you know. Soon," Salazar says.

"But I love you," Helga says, stroking her finger down his stomach.

"No you don't," Salazar replies. "You feel the exact same way I do about this. It's no more than arrangement. Don't look for me when I leave, I don't want to be found."

As Salazar slips out of Helga's bed, a lone tear slips down her face. She had opened up to him, and he had taken her heart and ripped it to shreds, when all it had ever done was beat with love for him.

Tveiter Tot Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    First, <3333333 to Jess, Maple, and Nadia!

Star-crossed: I absolutely loved this, Nadia. I'm so glad someone chose to write Jucy, and it was so brilliant. There were darker tones under the seemingly innocent night and ... gah. I love their relationship; Lucy, who's mood is sort of flighty, and James, who's just too darn cute. Seriously, I loved it.

Under His Skin: I'm going to be absolutely honest, Jess; it was hard to form words after reading this. I loved how dark it was, and your Albus. He's just looking to avoid trouble, but then comes Scorpius. I really want to read the rest of the piece this came from, because I want to see if Scorpius feels the same way! (and if he's not such an arse) The ending... from the beginning I wasn't sure if he actually liked Scorpius. Just brilliant.

In The Air: I have officially fallen in love with this pairing. I loved how sweet Louis was, but also how angry at the same time; for a while I thought they would just be friends, and I'm glad they didn't. Scorpius's insecurity and defensive personality was lovely, too, and when they were on the same broom I definitely started to smile. The ending was so sweet, and it was just great. Thank you so, so much, Jess, for both the amazing drabbles!

Bleeding Love: I wasn't sure anyone would want to do this, but the drabble is beyond lovely. I wanted to yell at Helga and tell her how evil Salazar was, because I knew the ending was coming, even though I didn't want it to. I loved how you added Rowena in, too, to prove the case of Salazar's player-ness. The part that got me the most was when Rowena burst out how they are polar opposites, and I can say I both loved and hated the ending. Hating because I wanted them to work out (because they never can :/) and loved it because it describes how Helga would feel perfectly. Just, thank you so much, Maple!

Ellie
    *~iBeta~**~iWrite~* *~iPoet~* *~iDrabble~* *~iDuel~*
    Beautiful avvie by Nadia (magestic_ginny), and credit for the lovely banner goes to Pooja.

I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.
    (Neil ~ The Dead Poets Society)

Ellie