Kill the Spare
SPEW LoveNotes is back!
LoveNotes is a long-standing tradition here in SPEW, but as we did last year, we're going to shake it up a little bit. Formerly, what would occur is that each SPEWer would provide four pairings and four prompts. Well, we're going to make it far more personal and far more interesting.
This is how it works, kids! Each of you who wish to participate, post a thread in this forum, listing four pairings that you would love to receive. Also in that thread, you can select up to eight 'candy hearts'. Anyone familiar with Valentine's Day tradition is aware of the existence of the small candy hearts with short messages on them. We're going to be pairing these pairings and candy hearts with...DRABBLES!
How do we do that? Well, some lovely SPEWer is going to peruse your pairings and choices of candy hearts and write you a drabble about said pairing and candy heart. Then that SPEWer is going to PM me that drabble anonymously, which I will post in your thread. On Valentine's Day, your secret benefactors will be revealed. But, from now to when that time comes, you all will be happily churning out drabbles for one another in the spirit of friendship and really just getting to know what our fellow SPEWers.
There are a few guidelines to this activity, as usual.
- All stories must be between 300-800 words, with NO EXCEPTIONS on the top limit.
- Ratings must not exceed 6th-7th Years and must be affixed with the appropriate warnings.
- Each pairing and candy heart in a recipient's thread can only be used once.
- Each recipient can receive up to four valentines, but it is encouraged to first write for those with fewer valentines before moving on to those closer to the limit. However, if everyone's drabble inbox has been filled, then we can certainly go another round as long as you all are up to writing more.
- The use of a beta is not required, but if you do choose to employ one, please use one outside of SPEW. If one cannot be found, then you can use a SPEWer. Remember, be as discreet as possible.
- Last year, I provided a list of actual candy hearts, but this year, I have decided to let you all choose your own. They must be no more than two words, and while the nature of this activity is geared toward Valentine's Day, they don't have to be romantic or sweet. I know you are an angsty lot, and who am I to get in the way of that?
- Try to keep your SPEW friends in mind when picking your pairings. Not everyone would pick Snape/Squid to write about, especially with 'Be Mine' attached to it. Rarepairs are fine, but try to steer away from ships you wouldn't actually ship on purpose, like Percy/Voldemort.
- If you notice any errors in a drabble that you wrote, PM me ASAP, and I'll fix it.
- Until the reveal, please allow only the thread owner to post in their thread. Others posting could be telling of who wrote what.
- This activity is open to ALL members of SPEW, including those on hiatus or only a member of the RAC.
- If you post a thread to receive drabbles, you are committing to writing at least one drabble, though it's encouraged that you write at least three. This has never been an issue before and I doubt it will become one, but please keep that in mind.
- You do NOT have to have posted a receiving thread to write drabbles, though why you would want to deprive yourself...
- Try keeping the recipients' tastes in mind. Some like fluff; others love angst. Most of you are fairly familiar with one another to have a general idea who likes what. If you want to make sure NOT to receive certain things, then you may specify in your thread.
- Please direct all questions related to this activity towards this thread. If it's about a particular drabble/pairing you are writing, them PM/IM me privately. Good judgment, SPEW!
With that, 2013 SPEW LoveNotes has officially begun!
Kill the Spare
Because I know a lot of you have been busy, I'm going to extend this a couple more days. Therefore, I will be accepting LoveNotes submissions until the end of the day on 16th February, US Pacific Time (or 8am GMT on the 17th). Let's spam these threads with loveliness!
Kill the Spare
And now it's time to show who put in that hard work to make your shippy wishes come true!
Let's start alphabetically, shall we?
Star-Crossed (James/Lucy) was written by Nadia
Under His Skin (Albus/Scorpius) was written by Jess
In the Air (Scorpius/Louis) was written by Jess
Bleeding Love (Helga/Salazar) was written by Maple
The Reins (Scorpius/Lily) was written by Pooja
Lovesong (Lily/Neville) was written by Jess
Falling Asleep (Hermione/Oliver) was written by Lily
First Love (Lily/Teddy) was written by Jess
Trust (James/Lily) was written by Sophie
Leave Me Alone...Not (Scorpius/Rose) was written by Pooja
A Family Emergency (James/Lucy) was written by Soraya
Love Always (James/Lucy) was written by Ellie
Gilded (Draco/Astoria) was written by Ellie
For the Love of Books (Harry/Ginny) was written by Soraya
Stop and Stare (Teddy/Victoire) was written by Jess
The Letter (Ron/Hermione) was written by Jess
Mudblood (Ron/Hermione) was written by Maple
Flying (Scorpius/Hugo) was written by Lily
Melody (Scorpius/Hugo) was written by Nadia
Stay (James/Sirius) was written by Soraya
Love You Forever (Ted/Andromeda) was written by Maple
Left Behind (Remus/Tonks) was written by Soraya
By the Lakeside (James/Lily) was written by Jess
Come Back, Remus (Remus/Tonks) was written by Nadia
Sweet as Sugar (Albus/Rose) was written by Ellie
(Katie/Oliver) was written by Sophie
Indian Summer (Louis/Lily) was written by Jess
Just the Whimsical Dreams of the Realist (James/Remus) was written by Ellie
And finally, for meeee:
Empty Vase (Michael/Daphne) was written by Maple
Thinking Straight (Theodore/Terry) was written by Soraya
Firsts (Viktor/Hermione) was written by Maple
I Hate You (Like I Love You) (Draco/Harry) was written by Pooja
Misery (Draco/Harry) was written by Nadia
We did have a couple duplicates, but that's just more love to go around! Also, please give a round of applause to Lily, who despite not participating, did write two drabbles to help fill the empty slots I was sure weren't going to get done. Ellie and Pooja also prepared her a little bit of something as a thank you for her effort.
And, with that, SPEW LoveNotes 2013 has come to an end. Though it started out scarily slow, this year's turnout has been one of the best I've ever seen. It's been a privilege to be the drabble fairy, bringing your favourite things right to you on behalf of the gifters above. Feel free to spam your own thread with squees or even someone else's. A lot of hard work went into these drabbles, all for someone else's sake, so please show some appreciation for these works of art. Thank you all!
/SPEW Queen out