Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPEW Babble = 23 x 2

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    I poke the Babble back to life with news of sadness. Long-time member, Lily/Padfoot11333, will be leaving SPEW, so I would like to send her on her way with all the huggles we have to offer. Also, one of our incredible newer class of reviewers, Helena/goldensnidget92, is taking an extended hiatus due to university. She will be missed, and we eagerly await her return.

But let's have some fun while we're here, shall we?

What is a TV series you've watched that you thought you'd hate but actually love? One you thought you'd love but can't stand?

Does what you pick to read in your free time depend on your mood, or how good you think the story will be? If neither, what factors do play a part in your selection process?

What book did you read in school that made you want to burn every copy in existence?
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    What is a TV series you've watched that you thought you'd hate but actually love?

Oh, that is a difficult one! Ummm, I doubt any non Brits would know what Tracy Beaker is -- basically it's about a girl who lives in a care home, only then the actress playing her left. But there was a new series, just without Tracy Beaker, and I thought it would be crappity but it's actually heartbreaking and SO good.

One you thought you'd love but can't stand?

Well, Glee sounded interesting, but I watched one episode and wasn't impressed. The reasons I thought I'd love it is because I love their covers, but it really was just unrealistic and superficial. Also, I thought I'd at least kind of enjoy Game of Thrones, since quite a few flisters enjoy it, but that also wasn't to my taste. However, I can say that Jaime Lannister is pretty damn gorgeous

Does what you pick to read in your free time depend on your mood, or how good you think the story will be? If neither, what factors do play a part in your selection process?

I generally read books after seeing are excellent adaptation. So Parade's End, by Ford Madox Ford, was adapted for TV (with the added bonus of Benedict Cumberbatch ) was something I decided to read. So far, it's been good -- although it's more than a month overdue in the library haha.

What book did you read in school that made you want to burn every copy in existence?

Lol, I'm not sure my hatred of Of Mice and Men stretches that far, but no, I didn't really like it. There were a lot of comma errors, and far too many paragraphs began with "Lennie" or "George". One thing I always say while betaing is how important sentence and paragraph structure are, and I just think the book could have been far smoother technically. And my friend spoiled the ending for me >.<
    Last edited by ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor; 03-08-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Because your auto-corrects were slaughtering my ability to breathe

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    This is a double-post, but it's very important, because...

The first story written for the SPEW Summer Swap 2013 is up!

click click click

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.