Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEW Babble = 23 x 2

Hybrid View

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

SPEW Babble = 23 x 2

We've filled up our last thread, at long last, so here is a shiny new one to get the juices flowing.

Last time, on SPEW Babble:

• The first story has been posted on the spewswap community on LJ.
    • What are your plans, if anything, for Christmas? Any TV.movies in particular that you're looking forward to?
    • Christmas songs - yay or nay?
    • What books/stories are on your reading list for 2013?
    • What are your writing targets for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by babewithbrains View Post
    I can't WAIT for the Christmas EastEnders and Hollyoaks, but I suspect I'll be alone in that, especially as not everyone here is British, and those who are probably disdain it :P And even though I don't celebrate Christmas, we'll apparently be having some kind of yummy dinner on Christmas day (including creme brulee -- YAYAYAYAYAY).
    Quote Originally Posted by goldensnidget92 View Post
    I'm also going to my aunt and uncle's house, and I think we're having a massive family Christmas day. My Turkish uncle is seriously the best cook whose food I've had the pleasure to eat, so Christmas dinner will be the highlight for me! As to TV - I'm looking forward to Downton, Dr Who, Miranda and Friday Night Dinner Christmas specials! Whether I'll manage to watch them all is questionable... But same as Soraya, they're all British ones so might not mean much to non-Brits!
    Quote Originally Posted by babewithbrains View Post
    Helena, while I don't watch Downton Abbey (I've been meaning to, though) or Dr Who, several non-British SPEWers do, so you're definitely not alone there It's mostly with soaps, really, lol. And EastEnders and Hollyoaks, I'll admit, aren't brilliant :P

Christmas songs - yay or nay?

Since I just was forced into listening to Mariah Carey's and Justin Bieber's All I Want for Christmas is You, I will admit that I rather like them :3 I love Jingle Bells and Last Christmas and all that. Tis fun

What books/stories are on your reading list for 2013?

Um, I have like a billion of things I've been meaning to read for an age! Hmm, The Islamist (Ed Husain) is something that's been sitting on my bookshelf for ages, as has The Alchemist (Paulo Coehlo) and The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold). I also really, really want to read and watch Perks of Being a Wallflower and I still haven't watched The Lion King (technical hitches, haha).

In terms of fanfic, I think I just really, really need to read and review more. I haven't read quite as much as I used to before I became a mod. I'm hoping to change that over the holiday, at least.

What are your writing targets for 2013?

Just to write as I feel I need to but not to feel obliged to write. The thing is, I know I binge write, so if I don't write a thing for four weeks, it's no biggie, especially if I've been super busy. Also, I really need to make sure I put priority on my studies, at least until the summer holidays.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Clone Club Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Ultimate Chess

I've recently found this really incredible writing camp (it's called Interlochen and it's in Michigan, which is a weee bit far away from here, but no matter) and I'm going to try and apply to get in. It's meant a lot of digging up old poetry/revamping fanfic to make it sound like OF, but asdfghhkjl it's just that it sounds so fabulous! From the portfolio they require, it sounds pretty prestigious, but yes, that's my goal: to get into this camp.

(I probably won't, but still. Super cool place.)

Also, Merry Christmas (Eve) to everyone <3 I know not all of you celebrate it but still, fun time of year no matter what

What are your plans, if anything, for Christmas? Any TV.movies in particular that you're looking forward to?

I'm just going to be at home, baking lots of cookies and hoping for a laptop. Hehe.

Seriously, though, my aunt's here and my grandparents were supposed to be here, but my grandmother came down with the flu and is stuck at home, unfortunately. And, I think my uncle and his fiancee are getting here later today. We usually just are all together and eat cinnamon buns on Christmas morning and open presents. We're not very exciting

As for TV movies, none in particular. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be excited for the Doctor Who Christmas special, but I'm not quite there yet, ha. I've never really been into TV movies at all - we do buy all the old stop motion Santa Claus movies but Nora's absolutely terrified of them so I haven't watched many this year.

Okay, off to go bake more cookies, hehe.
    Lily Writes ♥ piningwillow Blogs ♥ @lilysinsistence Tweets

banner by theopaleye | avi by me

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    People Hate Me for Losing Points

I'm so gonna finish up my incomplete fics, especially Never Let Go and When the Rose Fell. I'm also going to brush up on the plot of my AU Harry-has-a-sister fic so it doesn't sound cliche and boring -- I actually want to get it over with. Not my best work, but I do like my OC. I think I'll also reboot my next Gen fic and start a new one about James. I got that idea for the recent GH challenge (mistletoe-rag prompt). I actually intended it to be a one-shot, but I don't think I would be able to finish that now, so I'll probably turn that into a chaptered fic

Yay, three next gen fics!

Oh, and I can't believe it, but... I'm gonna write a Narnia fic >.< And I'm actually looking forward to it. A lot.

What are your plans, if anything, for Christmas? Any TV.movies in particular that you're looking forward to?

Well, I don't celebrate Christmas, but I do have plans for the day. Daddy's coming home! so we'll be having lunch at my Aunt's and then family dinner outside.

As for TV, I'm looking forward to the new episodes of Castle and White Collar -- but that's in January, anyway.

Merry Christmas you guys!

--Nadia

{iBAbanner!} ~♥~ {iDrabble!} ~♥~ {iExcerpt!} ~♥~ {iPuff!}

Awesomical banner by TM_WandStick/Toni!
    Chapter 12 up!

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    My lovely SPEWlings, all of the Secret SPEW fics are posted, and the reveals will be going up shortly. Thank you all for your hard work; there are some incredible fics to show for it. And a wide variety of pairings and genres, as well.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    I would hereby like to publicly squee over my fic. Maple, you are amazingggggggg! Seriously, I think that is my favouritest fic of yours ever and the fact that you wrote it for meeeee just tickles my heart and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And I know, that sounds incredibly cheesy, but I blame YOU for writing the most perfect story for me! I mean, you had the SHOWER SCENE. EEE. You have no idea how much I pretty much died of squee over that, and the fact that you included tea and honey and just... gah. Perfect.

On another note, I totally agree that the diversity in pairings and genres in this year's SPEW Swap was fabulous. Jess's Drarry was sooo dark and scary and beautiful; I loved Lily's Sirius/Remus (I have a thing for that pairing, and I shall be modding it soon ); Sophie's Marauder fic was really funny but at the same time completely in character; I adored Helena's Cedric/Fleur (drunk!Fleur is funnn) especially since that is one pairing I have never seen before; finally, Ariana's gorgeous pinch hit was, well, gorgeous, even if it featured a pairing I'm not really into, lol. So there. You lot are a bloody talented bunch. If I wore a hat, I would take mine off to you all, because this has been a very fun swap and I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories. <3

Now, I am off to make a cup of tea.

/spam

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Ahhh I loved my fic Sophie, thank you! Perfect touch of humour and perfectly portrayed characters I didn't see the end coming, but I love to picture the Marauders still getting the teachers drunk at breakfast at some other time! That would be fuel for much hilarity. I'm going to read all the others over this next week, but it sounds like they're spectacular!

I adored Helena's Cedric/Fleur (drunk!Fleur is funnn) especially since that is one pairing I have never seen before
    Ah, this was so much fun to write. I enjoyed drunk!Fleur a little too much and now I think there may need to be a reappearance. I tried SO hard to write a Peeves/Myrtle fic for this Swap, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately...) there doesn't seem to be a viable way of getting them together. It's certainly a pairing I've never heard of before...

FABULOUS banner by Pooja!

"The true poem is in the poet's mind"

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    So I have replaced my computer - but I still have to retrieve my stuff off of my old computer, ahaha

Christmas songs - yay or nay?
    Yay yay yay! I love playing them on my piano

What books/stories are on your reading list for 2013?
    Finish my Outlander book, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and some other historical fiction that my grandma has for me

I want to finish "I'm Moving On". It's a disgustingly terrible story, but I really need to finish it for myself.

I want to finish my Lily/Andrew arc.

And I have three Lily/Teddy stories to write.

And a Lily/Scorpius that I've started.

And my Lily/Neville.

And a Lily/Cormac sequel.

By the way - SPEW secret fic - oh my goodness, AMAZING I loved doing it and just yay!
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Wow, dead Babble is dead.

Anyway...on to important business!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!

May all of your owly wishes come true. ♥

Here are some TQs to un-deaden the airspace in here:

Anyone getting into any new books or book series? Unearthing any old favourites?
    I'm not really into new book series at the moment, as I haven't really had time to sit down and read, but I am looking forward to a nice re-read of The Hunger Games and then a resurgence of the Potter series. I haven't read the latter in a couple years, and I'm about due. As for old favourites, I have recently finished a re-watch of all Star Trek series and films, and I am in lurveeeeeeeeeeee. I grew up with Star Trek, and I know some of the characters better than people I've met face to face. Also, I think it was something I needed. As most of you know, my first job was in fast food, and now I work in retail. I can say for certain that I've lost a lot of my faith in humanity, but watching Star Trek has reminded me that humanity can and hopefully will be better than the sum of its parts, and definitely on a higher plane of existence than it is now. Here's hoping!

Anyone following some of the Cotillion entries? What's the oddest or most intriguing pairing you've seen thus far?
    I am, of course, following the Cotillion quite closely. I would be a bad mod otherwise. As for pairings, I sort-of-dared Ellie to write Cormac/Eloise for the Cotillion, but I didn't think she'd actually do it. I'm looking forward to seeing how that comes out. However, any further divulgences are inadvisable until after judging. :X

Tell me everything you know about cream cheese.
    It is amazing and should never be manufactured in a reduced fat or fat free form. It's the highest form of cheese blasphemy.

Ebil Lieutenant Ravenclaw
    Enemies of the Heir, Beware...of the Petrified Cat!
    I second the birthday wishes, Sophieeeeeee! I heart you lots, mah SPEWlet. (Does that sound totally weird?)

Anyone getting into any new books or book series? Unearthing any old favourites?

I really want to read Parade's End (in fact, it's sitting in my room and is overdue -- I should really get it back to the library D: ) but I am just SO BUSY. Ugh. I never have the time to read, which is sad because I love reading lots I haven't read HP in years, though! I really want to soon. Hopefully I will after exams

Also, since I'm following the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, it would make sense to finish reading Pride and Prejudice, something that Alex has been telling me to do for like an age, lol.

Anyone following some of the Cotillion entries? What's the oddest or most intriguing pairing you've seen thus far?

I have been following the claims (since I am obviously subscribed to the thread) and there were some seriously wacky ones that were then relinquished, which made me quite sad including Sirius/Petunia and Bellatrix/Fleur. The latter in particular would have been VERY interesting to read so it's a shame it's been relinquished. I've been quite boring with my pairings, lol -- Albus/Rose, Louis/Lily (surprise surprise!), Marlene/OC (actually, that one is a stretch for me because I generally don't do OCs, but I'm finding myself falling in love with my OC, so I don't know how Marlene is going to cheat on him D: ) and now Sirius/Rosmerta. May I just add, though, that I haven't actually finished Albus/Rose or Marlene/OC so we'll have to see how that goes :/

I don't particularly like cream cheese but used to have them with crackers at school. :P
    Last edited by babewithbrains; 02-13-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Beautiful banner by the lovely Pooja/Ginny Weasley Potter.

Keep calm and carry on my wayward son.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    BONNE FETE SOPHIE!

I'm still working on the Outlander series, but I'm about 5 pages into The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet!

A little bit. I think the Cormac/Eloise is what I'm most looking forward to reading...but I have to beta it first! *heehee*

I love cream cheese, especially Herb and Garlic!

NEW TQ: Any fun Valentine's Day plans?
    I'm going out for dinner with my grandma ahaha
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!