Thread: Caroline Nott

Hybrid View

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Caroline Nott

I am having a huge issue with one of my antagonist characters being too bland and emotionless and just plain flat, so hopefully this will help me explore her character.

My name is Caroline Nott, and I'm a Slytherin. I would like to say I'm a Prefect as well, but somehow that Mudblood Claire Worthington earned the badge. My mission here would be a lot easier if I had access to the last compartment on the Hogwarts Express or the infamous bathroom on the fifth floor.

I suppose I should tell you a little bit more about my past. My father is Theodore Nott, a man probably best known for being the son of Merak Nott, a well-known DeathEater. My mother really isn't that important to mention as she means nothing to me after she left my father in 2015 when I was nine. That's when Evangeline and the Revenge came into our lives, though I really shouldn't delve into those details.

I'll let you know a secrete, though, about what my part is in all of this. Besides keeping an eye on my younger sister, Gemma, who seems to be incapable of lying and therefor is a liability, it is also my duty to watch Scorpius Malfoy and keep him in line as well. He's only been part of the Revenge since this past summer after some... convincing by his grandfather, Lucius. I knew that keeping him as far away from Albus Potter, Emma Longbottom, and, most especially, Rose Weasley would not be an easy task, but for the most part, his fear of his grandfather's threats seem to be keeping him in check better than I ever could.

You might ask how I got so caught up in all this business. Besides my father constantly disappearing without a word a few years ago (I now know he was in meetings at the Zabini Manor), the person I have to blame for bringing me into the secret circle is Tyler Zabini. As much as I hate to admit it, I feel I must add him to my list of liabilities. Worthington doesn't seem to understand the concept of a break-up, and my hold on his wandering heart is slipping the longer she hangs around. From my few glimpses of their interactions together, though, he seems to be pushing her away as hard as possible, which I can only congratulate him for. I'm not normally one for violence, but if it gets the job done, I won't be the one to stop it.

It seems the only thing that Scorpius and Tyler share as cousins is a genetic weakness for girls they cannot fall in love with. Not that I'm jealous, of course. Forbidden love is enticing, but it never lasts. I'm just saving them from heartbreak, not too mention saving their lives. When the timing is right and the Revenge truly strikes, Weasley and Worthington will be some of the first to go; I won't complain about how this plays to my own luck.

Anyways, I really shouldn't be talking about this in the first with... who are you again? Wait a moment, did you slip something into my drink? If I've been rambling on about my life under the effects of Veritaserum...

Stupefy!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    *hastily dodges spell* Incarcerous! Well, Caroline, I'm afraid I have a few more questions for you...

Is Evangeline your stepmother?

What is the Revenge? I assume it has somthing to do with Death Eaters....

Is there anything between you and Tyler or Scorpius? You don't seem like the kind of girl who gushes over boys, but I must know ....

Tell me a little bit about your relationships with Gemma and your father.

*cackles evilly and runs away*

Beautifulamazingperfect banner by BrokenPromise!

BACK FROM HIATUS!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    How dare you! Let me go!

Is Evangeline your stepmother?

Ha, that's rich. No, Evangeline Lestrange is not my step mother. She's just the leader of the Revenge, harmless, really.

What is the Revenge? I assume it has somthing to do with Death Eaters...

I really shouldn't be saying anything about this; curse you... If I could only reach my wand, you'd be sorry.

Ugh, the Revenge does have to do with Death Eaters. The sons and daughters of Death Eaters either killed after Riddle's defeat or sent to a life in Azkaban. Like my father, they've had to live without their fathers and sometimes their mothers for the past twenty-five years. Most of them were a lot younger then my father, though, and rightfully blame the unjust ministry for their short and biased trials headed by Harry Potter himself. Evangeline is particularly interested in Ron Weasley and his family...but...no...I won't say anymore.

Is there anything between you and Tyler or Scorpius? You don't seem like the kind of girl who gushes over boys, but I must know ....

There really is no straight forward answer here. Tyler and I are technically dating, and I do have to say I spend more nights in the boys dorms than my own, but I'm aware it's just a tactic to keep him on track and his mind away from Claire. Honestly, in any other situation, I probably wouldn't be interested in him at all. Despite all my efforts, I know he's still in love with Claire, but I don't mind the challenge. It keeps my life interesting.

As for Scorpius... Oh, sod it all. Yes, I fancy Scorpius Malfoy if you must know. But it's only natural after I've spend so much time watching him and steering him away from Weasley and Potter. Well, Potter and Scorpius did have that falling out the other day, but Weasley is still a major issue. But I won't get into that...

Tell me a little bit about your relationships with Gemma and your father.

You mean my non-existent relationship with my father? We haven't had a real conversation in years, not since the divorce. I spend more time with other members of the Revenge than my father. As for my sister, she stays very quiet and meek around the Revenge and even at Hogwarts. I keep her at my side at all times, not wanting her to be taken advantage by anyone. I suppose you could say that I'm protective over her, in a way. I also obviously have to watch who she talks to because, if I know anything about my sister, I know she'll tell the truth without being influence by Veritaserum. Now if you know what's good for you, you'll leave me alone and let me go!

Second Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Hi, I like her voice. She sounds like a good character, but I do not see her motivation, and a physical description would be nice too. It always seem to me that character studies without them aren't complete.

What motivates you?

Why do you want to be part of Revenge?

How would you describe yourself?

How would your friends describe you?

Would you please describe yourself physically?

Good luck!

New chapter is out now!
    Purplemage