Thread: Ruby Ramos

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Ruby Ramos

Note: Ruby swears, but I've bleeped them all out for the boards. She's also not normally quite this talkative, although that may be because Stefani, who is even more talkative, is usually there.

Hi. I’m Ruby Ramos. I’m a freshman at LV. I don’t know exactly what I’m supposed to say here. Or why I have to type it instead of writing. I guess it helps with spelling cause I don’t spell that well, and the computer underlines it in red when I spell **** wrong.

Anyway…um, I’m fifteen and I’m a freshman. Wait. I already said that. Okay, I probably sound mad stupid right now, but I swear I’m not stupid, even though I suck at math. I am definitely crazy, though. Stefani calls me Se˝orita Loca sometimes, but that’s just Stefani, she’s like that.

Oh yeah, you don’t know who Stefani is! Her name is Stefani Gonzalez, and she’s my amiga major since, like, I don’t know…third grade? Yeah, I think it was third grade. I remember she’d make up nicknames for everybody in our class, like, Silvia Justo was la Muertita cause of her skull bookbag and also how she broke Gianni Garcia’s nose one time, even though Silvia was really small back then. Oh, yeah, that was funny as ****. Especially cause now Silvia’s like, so quiet, and calm, and takes honors classes! I forget what Gianni’s nickname was but I know it had, like, pigs, or bacon, or something like that in it.

Wow, elementary school seems mad long ago now. Like, where the **** did all that time go? I was so little and cute. I wish I had a little brother or sister. I don’t want one like Stefani’s sister, Kristal, though. She’s seven, and she is an evil little kid. Like, Kristal will hit Stefani, or pull her hair, or steal her makeup and ruin the mascara brush, but if Stefani does anything to Kristal she gets in trouble. Okay, so actually I’m not sure I want a little sister. I kind of like it just with my mama, in our townhouse. She and my dad broke up before I was born, and she was going to have an abortion after that cause she didn’t have no job or anything, but she couldn’t even afford it cause it cost money and she didn’t have any health insurance. Now she has a part time job at a, like, a warehouse, and also she works the late shift at the Red Robin on …****, I don’t know how to spell the name of the road, but it’s the one near the mall--you know.

I don’t know what else to talk about…I guess I could tell you about—okay, so, for Christmas this year, Mama bought me these beautiful ruby earrings. They were real gold and the rubies, like, sparkled. I loved them so much I wore them all the time, even though she told me not to. And then last weekend, I was at Stefani’s, and we were having a pillow fight with Kristal and one of the earrings came out! We spent like an hour searching, and we thought it went down the vent in the floor, down into the ceiling of the people who live below the Gonzalezes. We tried to look in the vent with a screwdriver and a flashlight, but we didn’t see it. Stefani told Kristal to stick her hand down there cause our hands wouldn’t fit, but then Kristal scraped her wrist on something metal and started crying. So Stefani got yelled at by her mom, and when I got home, Mama yelled at me for losing the earring. That all really sucked, cause it cost mad money, and I loved it so much, and Mama was all like, “í┐No pensaste t˙ sobre todo el dinero que yo pague para esos aretes!? í┐No recordaste que te diga, muchas veces, no llÚvalos todo del tiempo?!” Okay, I don’t really want to think about that. I’ll talk about something else.

Oh, yeah—there’s a kid in my math class called Dennis, and he isn’t from America. (Or Puerto Rico or Mexico or anything like that—he’s white. And anyway, Latino countries don’t count—half the school is Latino!) He’s from Britain, and he’s really fun to talk to, cause I like listening to his accent, and cause he’s really nice. Like, most guys, if they’re friendly it’s probably just cause they’re flirting with you, but Dennis isn’t like that at all. We actually talk about stuff. Like, he saw one of my drawings (did I tell you I like drawing? I mean, I’m not good at it—I just like it) and he told me about his brother, who’s a junior and is really into photography. Their family just moved here six months ago, in August. I asked him why, but he didn’t answer, so I think he’s not that happy about it. He told me misses his friends there. I know I’d miss Stefani like **** if I moved away. I felt sort of bad for Dennis when he said that. Mama was so excited to come to America, cause Puerto Rico was never really a home to her, but leaving somewhere that really is your home…that’s like, losing something huge. I mean, so much worse than my earrings.

Anyway...So what else do you want to know?
    Last edited by 1000timesingoldenink; 05-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...

Ebil Minion Ravenclaw
    Petrificus Totalus!
    Hey there Ruby!

This Dennis guy sounds pretty nice; are you two friendly especially? I mean, do you talk outside of math class, and do stuff (or **** if you'd rather :P) together? Does he help you with your math, seeing as you say you're not very good at it? Is he better than you?

What's LV like? Does LV stand for something? Where in America is it? Do you have to wear a uniform?

Your name's pretty. Do you know why you were named Ruby? Is your surname your mom's or your dad's?

I guess you're at least half-Latino, so are you fluent in Spanish?

What do you look like? What clothes do you like wearing?

What type of music are you into? Books? Films? What are your hobbies?

I guess you've been round Stefani's a lot, gauging from how well you know Kristal. How do her parents treat you while you're there - are you like one of their family? Do you think they feel sorry for you? Does Kristal pester you like she does Stefani?

Do you think people feel sorry for you? Do you want them too?

Do you wish you had an older sibling?

Do you have a boyfriend?

Do you have a part-time job? Do you want one so you can help your mom?

Sorry about all the questions, but you know, new people around are interesting.
    [@Bannermaking] [@Poetry] [@Writing] [@Drabbling] [@Duelling]

Incredible Avvie and Beautiful banner for my Cotillion fic by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    This Dennis guy sounds pretty nice; are you two friendly especially? I mean, do you talk outside of math class, and do stuff (or **** if you'd rather :P) together? Does he help you with your math, seeing as you say you're not very good at it? Is he better than you? Yeah. Wow, it's kinda funny you guessed all that! He's way better at math than I am, and he offered to help me, since I was doing really bad in the class. He came over to my house on Friday, and it was fun, actually. I mean, he helped with the math, but we also talked some. I think I'd like to hang out with him again...

What's LV like? Does LV stand for something? Where in America is it? Do you have to wear a uniform? LV is for Little Vembecks--that's the town where I live. It's in New Jersey. LV is okay, really. I like it because I have way more freedom than I did in middle school, but I wish I had more classes with Stefani and my other friends. But that's not really about LV, I guess. One thing about LV is that it's mad big; I heard there's 3000 kids at it, and there are 700 just in my grade! So there are really a lot of different people there--like, diversity, and all that. It's cool, because you make new friends--like my friend Kassandra; I just met her last semester, and now Stefani and I hang out with her sometimes, like at lunch. The classes are all right. They're mostly fun when I have somebody to talk to, like Kassandra in Spanish and Stefani in Biology last semester, or Dennis in math this semester.

Your name's pretty. Do you know why you were named Ruby? Is your surname your mom's or your dad's? Thanks! I don't think there's a reason. My mama just wanted to name me something in English, so she bought a book of baby names and chose one. And, yeah, I have her last name. No way in **** she'd ever name me after my dad!

I guess you're at least half-Latino, so are you fluent in Spanish?
    I'm full Latino--half Puerto Rican and half Mexican--and yeah, I speak Spanish. Except I can't spell it very well. But then, I can't spell the best is English either.

What do you look like? What clothes do you like wearing? I have long dark hair, not as long as Kassandra's though--just, like, to halfway between my shoulders and my elbows. It's sort of wavy; it would curl up into ringlets if I cut it short. I've got skin that's the color of coffee with creamer, a regular nose, dark brown eyes just a little darker than my hair, full-ish lips, and pierced ears. They're only single-pierced--Stefani thinks I should get double or triple-pierced like her, but I'm not sure I want to. I have skinny arms and a thin waist, which I like, and a kind of large belly, which I don't, but I don't worry about it like some girls do. I used to be tall, but I'm average height now.

I dress like a lot of the girls at LV. I guess that's not really unique, but whatever, I like the clothes. I wear those pretty, drape-y shirts, with tank tops underneath, when I'm trying to look nice. The rest of the time I wear sweatshirts. Oh yeah, and jeans, or sometimes leggings or miniskirts.

What type of music are you into? Books? Films? What are your hobbies? I love the Spice Girls. I have like all their albums. I listen to some rap, too. I don't really like to read, so I don't have very many favorite books. We read The Giver in English class last year, though, and I liked that a lot. I think the only book I've read on my own this year is this one called Ella Enchanted. That one was about a girl who lived in an entirely different world, with fairies and curses and things, which I guess sounds dumb, but it was really kind of cool. I don't watch movies very often, but I do watch TV a lot.

My hobbies? Um, does hanging out with my friends count? I don't know. I love drawing, but I'm not very good at it or anything. I like playing music really loud and dancing crazy with Stefani and Kristal, but we mostly do that in the summers. I like singing. I'm actually good at it, but I don't like it enough to join the Chorus at LV; it's just for fun.

I guess you've been round Stefani's a lot, gauging from how well you know Kristal. How do her parents treat you while you're there - are you like one of their family? Do you think they feel sorry for you? Does Kristal pester you like she does Stefani? Kind of, yeah. I mean, they both work, so they're not usually around if I come after school, but they've known me since I was like nine, so...I mean, I know them a lot better than I know my actual aunt and uncle, but that's 'cause they all live way across the country in California! I guess more Mrs. Gonzalez than Mr. Gonzalez--she says I'm always welcome over there; he's not usually quite as friendly as she is. I don't think they feel sorry for me--I mean, I never thought about it. Lots of kids only have one parent. Kassandra's mom left her and her dad, too.

Do you think people feel sorry for you? Do you want them too?
    No...I mean, yes, my dad left before I was born, but that's better than if I used to have a dad but then he died or something. I don't miss him, and my mama doesn't either.

Do you wish you had an older sibling?

Yeah, I do! They probably wouldn't be annoying like a younger sibling, and they could give me advice on everything. I don't need somebody to stand up for me--Stefani will always do that if I can't do it myself (but I usually can)--but Stefani isn't the best for giving advice. And, I think I want another person in the house so I would be less lonely in the evenings, when my mama's at work.

Do you have a boyfriend?
    Not currently. I went out with a guy in sixth grade once, but that doesn't really count. And then there was Sharrod...I was going out with him over the summer and for part of last semester, and then I ran into him kissing this stupid ***** Kiara....actually, I don't really want to talk about it, 'cause I kind of want to forget about it all.

Do you have a part-time job? Do you want one so you can help your mom?
    No, but I have to get one this summer. I guess it would be nice for me to help her out, but I'm probably not going to, since she told me I'm gonna have to buy my things--like, the nice clothes at the mall, and makeup, and new earrings--with my own money. I mean, I want to put a little into savings, too.

Author's note: Please don't ask too much about music or TV shows or anything...I don't really feel like conducting research about the 90s! :P

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...