Thread: TTB DECEMBER MONTHLY 2012: The Year That Was

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Sleepover In The Great Hall!

TTB DECEMBER MONTHLY 2012: The Year That Was

The year is ending, and before long, we'll be yelling goodbye from the top of our lungs. 2012 was eventful. It started off with an unearthly bang, and it's now our responsibility to ensure it leaves us in a similar fashion. So, gather your self-refilling quills and prepare yourself for this month's challenge, where we'll celebrate some of the best moments from the four pillars of our boards: fanfiction, banners, fanart and fanpoetry!

Here's how it will work. Each week, I will post a link to a past challenge, each chosen from a forum that corresponds to the four pillars mentioned above. You will pen drabbles inspired by any entry from the challenge. There's no limit to how many times you can enter, but you will draw inspiration from the concerned challenge, and write your drabbles as per the rules set for that week. Yes, there'll be additional rules attached, because we're going to be revisiting challenges that are very different from each other.

Although the following will be repeated again in each weekly thread, let's see what the salient features of this monthly are:

+ Write a drabble inspired by an entry from a featured challenge.
    + Follow the guidelines provided for the respective weekly.
    + Each drabble can have a word count from 500 to 800 words; there's no limit to how many drabbles can be submitted.
    + A winner will be chosen for each weekly, announced at the end.
    + An overall winner (and runners-up) will be chosen, but only from those who participate every week without fail.
    + All MNFF fanfiction guidelines are applicable. ALL ENTRIES SHOULD BE BETA-READ AND/OR FREE OF ERRORS.

Points will be awarded thusly:

+ 5 points per entrant per weekly
    + 10 points for the weekly winner *
    + 15 points for the overall winner, 10 for runners-up

* If the barmaids are stupefied by the quality of the drabbles, they will award runners-up for the weeklies as well.

Submission forms and weekly-specific guidelines will be posted in the individual threads, the first of which will be posted sometime tomorrow, the 1st of December. Keep your eyes and potatoes peeled!

Edit:

WEEK 1
    WEEK 2
    Last edited by hestiajones; 12-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Please kick me in the shin if you have to, but you must forgive me for my tardiness. Croll has been lovely and waiting for me to come out of my rl hidey-hole for judging this challenge. And none of you have sent me Bubotuber Pus in the mail so far. Thank you for your patience! The results will be up within three days!

~ Natalie
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    And so, at long last, the Barmaids have managed to reach a decision! Before I announce the winners, I'd like to say a few words. This speech has been made before; it just needs to be repeated because a lot of the entries had careless errors that counted against them. Please, please get your drabbles beta-read. Even if you can't find a beta reader, please revisit your entries before the thread is closed and check if there are errors.

With that, let us now congratulate our lovely winners:

Week 1

the opaleye - 1st Place
    ToBeOrDor - 2nd Place

Week 2

babewithbrains - 1st Place

Week 3

Padfoot11333 - 1st Place
    lucca4 - 2nd Place

Week 4

ToBeOrDor - 1st Place

Points to be awarded:

Hufflepuff: 40

Weasley Mom - 5
    Padfoot11333 - 5 + 10
    Cinderella Angelina - 5
    magestic_ginny - 5
    Ginny Weasley Potter - 5
    The owl - 5

Slytherin: 25

the opaleye - 10 + 5
    iMusic17 - 5 + 5

Gryffindor : 15

lucca4 - 5 + 5
    WrenWinterSong - 5

Ravenclaw: 60

ToBeOrDor - 10 + 5 x 5
    babewithbrains - 10 + 5 x 2
    eternalangel - 5

Not every week has a runner-up, and there are no overall winners. Thank you to everybody for participating, and for your patience! You may contact either of us for any queries concerning the judging process.

]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3