Thread: NOVEMBER BI-WEEKLY Part 2 - RESULTS!

Threaded View

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks

NOVEMBER BI-WEEKLY Part 2 - RESULTS!

Welcome to the second TTB challenge of this month!

Christmas is approaching the magical world, and most of its witches and wizards are busy preparing for the yule season, buying presents and planning quality time with the family, except for a few. "How blasphemous!" you gasp, but maybe they have good reasons for being utter party-pooping prats. You are going to give them these reasons.

In this challenge, you will write about a canon character and his/her decision to not celebrate Christmas. However, you're not allowed to pick anybody from the following list:

Draco Malfoy, Albus Dumbledore, Hermione Weasley/Granger, Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Igor Karkaroff, the Giant Squid, and -grasps at straws - Dolores Umbridge.

They may be included as secondary characters, though.

Also, a potion has to feature in your drabble. How big a role this potion plays is up to you, but it has to be from canon, not one concocted in the dungeons of your brain. I'll be referring to HP Wikia's "List of Potions" entry; using that could be your safest bet.

So, the salient points of the challenge are:

+ Choose a canon character - major/no matter how minor - except anyone in the list given above. (They may be included in the form of secondary characters.)
    + Make him/her decide not to celebrate Christmas.
    + Use a potion from canon in your drabble.
    + Your drabble should have a word count between 300-500 words.
    + Follow MNFF guidelines. Make sure that all SPaG and formatting issues have been resolved before you submit your drabble(s). Or before I read them.
    + The challenge closes midnight GMT, November 30th. Get your entry in before then.

Yeah, but what do I get? Points, of course, and a chance to swagger around the boards and increase the pride and glory of your House. The distribution of points is as follows:

+ 5 points per entrant
    + 15 points for nabbing the Top Spot
    + 10 for nabbing I'll Get You Next Time
    + 5 for nabbing I'll Also Get You and You Next Time

The Barmaids reserve the right to award participants as per the quality and quantity of the entries. We haven't Cake-Womaned anybody yet, apparently, but that's no guarantee it's not going to happen: Good Lord!

Use this form for your entry. It's imperative that you do. Seriously.

PHP Code:
    Name:
    House:
    Title:
    Ratings/Warnings:
    Word Count:
    A/N
    Last edited by hestiajones; 11-15-2012 at 02:27 AM.