Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lions' Den

bertiebott12

bertiebott12, Euphrates, harrypotterfangirl21, hermione210, ix3thehpseries posts

Hey guys, this is Roxy. I didn't manage to approve your posts in time to stop others responding so Rena, you've had plenty of good responses. I've merged them all into one post because they're all good answers. Sorry, I'll try to be quicker next time.

Well, once you've been sorted, you have to wait for your Head of House to add you to the usergroup. Then you can see some other forums. Also, if you want to see the classes forum, I believe you have to join the "students" usergroup, in your User CP.

No, Rena, you just have to wait for maybe a few days for our HoH to add you to the Gryffindor usergroup. You'll know you are added when you can see the subforum 'Gryffindor' and when you have 'Gryffindor' in red under your name.

Welcome all newbies! It's great to have you here.

--Kate
    Rena -- Hello, and welcome to Gryffindor!

No, you don't have to have a certain number of posts. . . . Our Head of House (MrsGeorgeWeasley) has to validate you, and then you'll be able to see Hogwarts and Gryffindor Tower and such.

This might take a while, as mods *do* have actual factual lives, but it'll be worth it in the end.

- Katie
    Hey!! I'm Jorie and I'm a kinda newish Gryffie!

When I got my results from the Sorting Quiz I was really happy because I wanted to be either Gryffie or Claw. After I was added I looked through all the new threads and started posting in the RoR, Tower, and TWS. To all the new Gryffies don't be afraid to just jump right in, everyone here is totally nice and friendly!
    Do I have to have a certain number of posts or something before I gain access to the other stuff that's supposed to be visible once you've been sorted? *is kind of confuzzled*

Welcome to Gryffindor Rena! After you get the results back from you quiz it takes about a week for the HoH to add you. After you're added by the HoH you should be able to see all of the new threads.

-Jorie (who lovess random PMs)
    Rena- No, there's no number of posts that you need to see things. What you have to do is wait for a mod to add you to the Gryffindor usergroup. Sometimes it takes a while because... the mods have lives. I know, it's shocking, but occasionally they get busy and won't add people for a bit. Once they've added you to the Gryffindor usergroup, you'll be able to see just about everything.

Katie, I'm terribly sorry about your parrot hat. Would you like another? I went to the zoo a few days ago... Actually, it might be a monkey hat, but monkey hats are pretty awesome too.

~Becca

hermybabay82

Red face Little late... but

So I've been a member of Gryffindor for sometime now but I've never ventured into this part of it *smacks head*, go figure! Anyways, I've found a nice little place in the Three Broomsticks that I have become very attached to *thinks fondly of all the drabblers* but I have been meaning to try out the TWS. I only have one question, what exactly is the TWS?

By the way, Saturnina, I don't think you're the eldest-though I know how you feel!

Sincerely,
    Stacy

A.H.
    I've just been accepted to Gryffindor *claps geefully*

I've got to say that I'm a total n00b (gotta love the replacement of letters with numbers, it's just so n00bish ... and excessive smilies, but I digress) and I'll probably have tons more questions that "good" posts. I'm tryin though

I'm not really sure what the exact point of this thread is, but I'll state some things about me'self that make me worthy of the noble Gryffindor name. I'm err... terribly impulsive, not to good with concentrating on my work-or anything else for that matter. I'm forgetful, (comes with the inablility to concentrate I s'pose) and I bloody well love lions. Well, those are some similarities I have with the Gryffindors in canon, so I guess they'll work.

I haven't been put into the group yet *joins along in the glaring, and glares at whoever's ah'posed tah do it* so this is the closest thing I've got to "exploring meh house". Can't wait 'till the rest of the forums are visable, and when I'll meet all you random folks.

Best of wishes (and Happy Holidays)
    Arianna

go go ravenclaw

Hey! I'm new to Gryffindor...

Hello everyone,

I'm Arya, and I just joined about a week ago. I got my Sorting quiz results today, and I expected to be in Ravenclaw, so I was surprised when I ended up in Gryffindor. I just wanted to ask, since I'm TOTALLY new, I don't even know how to post new threads so could any of the Toasters help a poor, bewildered little 13yr old around this big bad site? And also, how do I come to know if the HoH puts me in? Will I get a PM or something?

Thanks a lot, Toasters!
    Arya

moonstone.silver

Head of House?

*coughcough* I have been Sorted into Gryffindor!! A question - who's my Head of House? I'd like to contact him/her on something (looking secretive and not telling anyone )

Thanks!

moosnstone.silver

P.S. Why did I make a typo when I was registering? Now I sound like a silver moose made of stone instead a silver moonstone Ah, well... Welcome to Gryffindor!!!

BertieBotsBeans741
    The HoH is Andrea/Ravensgryff.

Brittany *Go Toasters!*

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    I introduced myself on the "Introduction Thread" so I shall endeavor to not repeat myself.

I have a question (and once you know me you will realize that I ALWAYS have questions).

I have posted a fic and I'm waiting for it to be validated. But I am having second thoughts on the title. My husband (bless his heart) has told me the title is "cheesy". Nothing like honesty in a relationship. However, it also means that I can trust him to tell me if I try on something that isn't flattering. And it means that I can believe him when I ask him the eternal female question "do these pants make my ass look big?"

Where was I? Oh, yeah. The title. (drumroll)....

"A Raven Song in the Twilight"

Summary (just to give you an idea)

Muggles and Wizards alike have legends of Faerie, some grim and shadowed, some bright and beautiful. It is a twilight land between light and dark, where love and sorrow intertwine with enchantment. Twenty one years after the fall of the Dark Lord, a girl walks out of the legend and brings a very old magic to Hogwarts.

So, what do you think if the title? Cheesy? Too long? Let me have it, I can take it, I'm in Gryffindor, right?

Later on: I have changed it to "A Raven's Song". Husband turned thumbs down on that one too, but I liked it better. Then I heard a Joanie Mitchel song with a line in it that appealed to me "The Beat of Black Wings". Hubby is not so harsh on Joanie, but thinks that the title should have something to do with the story. And it is a love story, but quite possibly not one with a happy ending.

The raven in question is an allusion to the main character, btw. And ravens don't actually sing, they croak or caw. So a raven that sings would in fact make no sense. So perhaps that is not so good (clutching head). Maybe I am over thinking this?

Even Later on Its validated! I am so excited.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Please try not to spam here. This thread is not for fiction help, it's purely for Gryffindor information.

Stubbornly_appeared

Talking Woohoo.

I know I posted here ages ago, but I thought I'd come back and talk about how awesome Gryffindor is some more. We've got tons of Toaster love going on, from our always fun Tower (discussion) thread to the 'Bamboozled' word game we've been playing in the 'By the Fireside' subforum, to the TWS (wacky and insane), to the GRC (Gryffindor Review Crew) and our happy birthday madness, we've always got something going on.

One thing about us Gryffindors is that we have tons of House spirit. Everyone's always trying to get House points so we can pull in another Cup. We usually have stellar Quidditch teams, and have a huge host of amazing bannermakers, artists, and betas- not to mention writers- lying around in the CR (Common Room). Our chats are extremely fun when we have them.

If you're Sorted into Gryffindor, don't be disappointed. It's an incredibally exciting House where you're sure to fit in, no matter how un-Toasterly you think you are.

My PM box is always open if you've got any questions, comments, or concerns, or if you just want to talk about nothing in particular. I've been around for a while, and I've seen a bit of the Gryffie insanity....

*remembers all the wonderful times*

Yes, I'm acting like a melodramtic sap. Daring, nerve, and chivalry are just cover-ups for recklessness, snarkiness, and overly-dramatic folly.

-Stubby

magyk001

Gryffindor!!!!

Yes! i made it into Gryffindor! I hoped that i would be in this house! It's feels great being a Gryffindor! I thought to myself that if i didn't make it into Gryffindor i would probably be a hufflepuff. It's a funny story, after i did my quiz , i wrote a short note on the bottom about why i thought i deserved to be in Gryffindor. I guess Songbook99 took my opinion into consideration as i ended up in Gryffindor!! (kinda reminiscent of Harry's sorting isn't it? ) I'm so excited and i hope we win the House Cup this Year! GRYFFINDOR ALL DAY!!