Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Lions' Den

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Hey there Taylor and welcome to Gryffindor!

Because we write stories for the main site, in which we have to use correct grammer to avoiud being rejected, we find that using correct grammer in the forums, gets us into the habit. Mod's won't shout at you for the occasional comma or spelling mistake or not captialising. By "correct grammer" we really nean no Text speak. so no "U, R, etc."

A Mod, is a 'Moderator' they control the forums and moderate the posts that we all post. They run the challenges and have to power to edit and delete other peoples posts. They are here to make sure we all get the most we can out of the forums and trying to avoid the deadly curse of "SPAM!" The mods also moderate the categories on the main site, they chech through each chapter of eacj story that is submitted for correct grammer, good characterisation and a good plot. They also check for canon errors.

In our tower, we do celebrate wednesdays. This is because of a prominant member of the house "A.H." AKA Ari. She is probably one of the most random people you will ever meet and one day she decided that she wanted to celebrate Wednesday's and because everyone loves her, we all followed suit. Unfortunately Ari has gone on a sort of hiatus we occasionally try to keep up with the Wednesday celebrations, but it isn't the same without her

I hope that helped! If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me

Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Miss Melanie

To be sorted, or not to be sorted?

Congratulations, you have been sorted into...

(//Gryffindor//)

Your name has been sent to your Head of House and you will be added to your house shortly, at which time you’ll be able to see new areas of the forums. Explore and take part and you’ll soon find yourself in the middle of a fantastic community.
    I hope you enjoy your time with us!
    ~ The Sorting Hat
    Hello everyone! My name is Melanie. To be honest, I only stumbled upon this site by accident, while trying to find other sites that had Harry Potter fanfiction. The moment I received the message from the Sorting Hat telling me I had been placed into Gryffindor, I was shocked. I've always considered myself to be in Slytherin or Hufflepuff. Most of the online quizes I've taken always sorted me into either of thoses houses, but never Gryffindor nor Ravenclaw.

Though, after considering what qualities of my own would have placed me in the house of the lions...I finally understood. I post this message with an open mind and a curious feeling from the bottom of my heart. I am ready to check-in. I cannot wait to meet everyone, and explore, as well as read and review the stories that catch my eye.

Cheers!

xo Miss Melanie

Rena
    WOW. I have been a member of the forums since 10-31-07, and I have never posted here! LOL

I was not surprised at all to find myself sorted into Gryffindor when I first came to MNFF. It seems like every sorting quiz I've taken online has placed me in that House...until recently. I took one that Carole (EquinoxChick) had found on LiveJournal a couple of weeks ago and was sorted into Hufflepuff! That was a shock when every other one I've taken has placed me into Gryffindor.

I am also one of the many MNFF Authors. My pen name is Raven Daniels. I only have one story being posted at this time, but that will change soon enough. I am alway writing something.

As most of my fellow Gryffs can attest to, I am not the most productive poster on the boards. I do lurk around and keep up with what's happening, and I am working on my posting, but I haven't got that great of a total at this time.

I love the welcome I received from my fellow Gryffs when I first joined here. They are all wonderful Toasters!!!

I'll have to come back and edit this post later...I just noticed the time, and I still have to make a lunch for my son to take to school! Yes, I'm old...thirty-three! :P

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

I have stars in my eyes.

Hello, Gryffindors!

Yeah, I'm new. My name's Dinny, and even though being sorted into Gryffindor was a complete shock to me, I'm proud of my house the first time I saw those words of sorting in my inbox. I call it loyalty. Haha. I've been checking out the forums in the Tower, and I was a bit saddened (is there a word like that?) because there's not much of active users (uh, that's how I see it anyway). So my goal is this: I am determined to be active here. If you're a fellow newbie, please feel free to contact me so that we can be lost together. I don't have a single clue on how to socialize here, but I really hope I could. If only I just knew how. If anyone out there can help me, please do! Huh? Help me with what? Oh, you know... everything about this superb *wink wink* site. lol.

Hope to get to know you all,
    Dinny.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Evora
    Hello, Gryffindors!

Yeah, I'm new. My name's Dinny, and even though being sorted into Gryffindor was a complete shock to me, I'm proud of my house the first time I saw those words of sorting in my inbox. I call it loyalty. Haha. I've been checking out the forums in the Tower, and I was a bit saddened (is there a word like that?) because there's not much of active users (uh, that's how I see it anyway). So my goal is this: I am determined to be active here. If you're a fellow newbie, please feel free to contact me so that we can be lost together. I don't have a single clue on how to socialize here, but I really hope I could. If only I just knew how. If anyone out there can help me, please do! Huh? Help me with what? Oh, you know... everything about this superb *wink wink* site. lol.

Hope to get to know you all,
    Dinny.

Welcome to MNFF, Dinny.

Don't be disheartened if there isn't a lot of activity in your House. That just leaves you plenty of opportunity to light it up, get the blood flowing in your housemates. It can be done.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hi. I'm Megan and I'm a newbie here too, like Dinny. I just got added to Gryffindor today, so I'm really excited to be actually able to see everything. Everything looks awesome, especially the part about being toasters. ('cause toasters are just awesome) One thing I can't seem to find though, is the three word challenge I saw mentioned on this thread. Anybody able to tell me what the three dot thing beside the usernames is?

Edit: Found the TWS staring me in the face. *headdesk*
    ~Megan

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by msk8
    Anybody able to tell me what the three dot thing beside the usernames is?

~Megan
    Hi, Megan!

The three coloured dots indicate whether a user is currently on the forum. Red obviously means that they are not, and green means that they are. Honestly, I have no idea what the yellow means, as I've never seen it used before, but I'm sure it has some purpose...maybe. So, you will always see a green dot next to your own name, as you will always be logged on when seeing these things, and oh, dear...I've gone cross-eyed.

There is also an invisible function that doesn't allow one's username to show at the bottom of the page when it lists who is currently viewing either the main forum or an individual one. I'm not entirely sure whether it would affect someone's green/red dot status or not, but my guess would say that it would show as currently offline.

Hope that helps and was not information overload. Welcome to the forums!

~Jess

Edit: I checked to see what the Invisible Mode does for the status as indicated by the coloured dots, and it does, indeed, affect it. My dot turned to the yellow/orange one. I checked how it looked for users who I know employ the Invisible Mode and are not currently online. It displays the red, so I believe the orange one would only be visible to yourself to let you know that you're invisible.

Nicole's edit: Mods and admins can see invisible people as well, hehehe.

Anyone that knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

lilyevansfan
    Hello! i'm new...i just got sorted....Well, Gryffindor wasn't really a surprise because most of the other online tests that i took, i always usually get Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Generally speaking, I am just incredibly happy to be in Gryffindor since I always wanted to be here...(I don't know why) but I actually expected Ravenclaw! I'm a bookworm and I'm always nervous about studying and homework.

~Bri

vatsan17
    Hi everyone! Even though I joined MNFF long back and got sorted into Gryffindor, I am posting in this thread just now.

I have always liked Gryffindor, and I hope I can get to know my fellow housemates through this thread.

regards,
    Srivatsan.

loonylindsay
    Hello fellow Gryffindors!
    I just got sorted, and look forward to getting to know my new housemates!
    ~lindsay