Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles' Nest

Vorona
    Hello all!

My, it's been awhile. I was very active on this site 3-4 years ago, and then, I disappeared into college life (again) and original fiction. I've just recently gotten back into fan fiction (Snape-centered, of course), and am happy to be back!

I am also glad that I was able to get back into Ravenclaw, where I had some of my fondest memories during that time period.

So, who am I?

I'm Vorona (stress on the first, not second, syllable). I'm a huge Snape fan, but I can assure you, I have never used a drool rag. I also really like theorizing. I've won second place in two challenges here (the very first Gauntlet challenge, and the Patronus challenge), and posted a number of one-shots. I take writing in general very seriously, but I'm beginning to take fan fiction a little less seriously, since the standards, even with a moderated site, aren't quite as high, and it's fun to work on something that I can share without revising it thirty million times.

I'm a language geek, but I am not a grammar nazi. I love grammar, but to me, if something works, even if it's not grammatically correct, it's good, and sometimes, great effects can be had by deliberately smudging the rules. I also think there is a lot more to "good writing" than just making sure the commas are all in the right places. That said, I hope to be an English teacher in the US, as I want to encourage more people to write. I imagine I will use fan fiction as a teacher, both because I think it is a good way to get kids interested in writing, and because it offers a great forum for discussing things like intellectual freedom and plagiarism. Of course, I will be more of a grammar nazi in my classroom, but I will still encourage free, fun writing that can be polished, rather than expecting error-free first drafts. I'm going to college again to get my teaching certificate (I have a B.A. in French and Russian, and an M.A. in French), and I am 33 years old, but I feel more like 20-something, since I'm still in college. I have more in common with my younger college acquaintances than most people my own age who've already gotten settled into a family and career.

Well, I think that's enough for now -- it's really great to be back in Ravenclaw!

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Welcome back! It's always nice to have more Claws on board, especially returnees.

I agree with you that sometimes, the rules can be bent to make things shine. It's just a personal preference to have the correct commas and whatever, but sometimes, it just works the other way.

Can't wait to see you dive in. I hope you can recapture that magic for yourself in the realm of fan fiction, because it's ever so much fun. ^.^
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts

Facebook

Hi, i'm new to Ravenclaw (and to facebook) so i was just wondering if we have an official Ravenclaw facebook page (Sytherin house does)

Can someone let me know cuz if we do then I wanna join
    Banner photographed by me and edited by xBeccaxBlackx
    It was worth the chocolate : )

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"
    Gerard Way

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    As far as I know, we don't, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of getting one eventually. Perhaps we should run this by our head of House at some time.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Serinah

Sprout here :)

Hi, I'm new. Just got sorted and to my everlasting surprise I'm a Ravenclaw. I'd never guess. I was thinking Gryff or Huff, but secretly hoping for Sly. Silly me.

So, I was reading the forums here and there, but there's too much stuff to get a proper understanding of anything, so I'm just going to ask here - where is our Common Room? Or is this it? The Eagle's Nest?

Thanks,
    Ser

Midnight Storm
    Hey, fellow 'Claws!

I'm not that new around here ... I've been around for a few months. However, I never got around to saying hi over here, so I thought I would do it now.

I've always wanted to be a Ravenclaw, and I was so excited when I got that PM! I'm not sure why I'm here, honestly, I'm a bit thick-headed, and I am so not witty or anything. But I'm here, and I'm happy.

I'm fourteen (fifiteen in March), and I live in Australia. Lily/James is my OTP, and I am a self-confessed James Potter fangirl. I spend far too much time on the computer (especially this site!)

Go 'Claws!
    ~Midnight Storm

Third Year Ravenclaw
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    Hi everyone

My name is Jess.
    I'm 17 and live in New Zealand

I'm not that new, I've been around the boards since October last year and had an acount on the archives since '08. I had been lurking as a guest since '05 - '06 ish

I decided it's time to do a semi-introduction, so...

My OTP is James/Lily,
    My favourite character at the moment is Sirius (changes weekly)
    I've got one story online, it's called "All That I've Got" and it's about Tom Riddle.
    I'm very happy to be a Ravenclaw!!! This was always the house I wanted to be in.

I can't wait to get to know you all better.

Jess
    Banner photographed by me and edited by xBeccaxBlackx
    It was worth the chocolate : )

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"
    Gerard Way

messofadreamer
    Hey, all! I bet you are sick of newbies at this point, but I just got Sorted into Ravenclaw, so you'll have to put up with me for a while.

Anyways, a bit about me:

My name is Samantha, a beginner at fanfiction. I've written a few, but they have mostly been worthy of only the garbage bin. But I have written a number of original fiction pieces. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan who's hoping on attending LeakyCon this summer. My huge issue the comig up with ideas part. I'm just fine if I have a prompt, but I lack in creativity when it comes to coming up with story ideas that would actually work and be enjoyable to readers. So add that to the "Weaknesses" list.

But I am very excited to start my "career" as a fanfiction author, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys as well!

golden_snitch91
    Hi, I just got sorted into Ravenclaw and I just wanted to check in.
    I am paranoid about internet safety so I won't give out my real name but you can all call me Amber.
    I mostly posted stuff on fanfiction.net but when I saw that this sight not only allows you to post your work but get constructive feed back and improve your skills I knew I had to join asap.
    I didn't have a preference of what house I was sorted into,but didn't really see myself as the typical "claw". I definitely like it though (and not just because my favorite colors blue). Turnip the plot bunny has already attacked me since I have joined the sight so hopefully I can get some of my work up soon.
    I look forward to talking to you all around the common room.

with much love,
    your newest house mate Amber

AnonymousMarauder
    Hello everyone.
    I'm assuming I'm the newest Ravenclaw. I'm not a big talker, but I'm quite friendly. I began writing fanfiction around the time that the fifth Harry Potter book came out. That stuff is embarrassing to read, and until recently I was only really aware of another fanfiction site. When I found MNFF I was quite pleased. There's definitely a higher quality of writing and people on here. I was also quite pleased when I was sorted into Ravenclaw. I feel like I'll have a great time here.