Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagles' Nest

Sixth Year Ravenclaw
    Petrificus Totalus!
    Hey guys~

If there are any new sprouts that are curious about the abundance of gorgeous graphics gracing the signatures of our members, send me a pm and I'll give you a tour of our lovely BannerMaker's Association. I'm a BA Pixie over there and one of the heads in charge, so I'd love to help out. :]

And welcome to the boards!

--Sara
    lurky! pm to keep in contact please!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Alright, who keeps letting the Slytherins in? Who is it that hasn't been putting out the snake traps?

But seriously, you will find that the Slytherins and the Ravenclaws do do quite a bit together, and we really do support one another. When you think about it, we are more compatable with one another than we are with any other House.

Nicole's edit: You're right, Molly. Our houses DO mesh well. That being said, how about you guys give up a hundred points for your Slytherin buddies in the name of friendship?

Hah. I'm a Slyth - I had to at least try.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Nicole's edit: You're right, Molly. Our houses DO mesh well. That being said, how about you guys give up a hundred points for your Slytherin buddies in the name of friendship?

Hah. I'm a Slyth - I had to at least try.
    Or here's an idea! How about we loan you a hundred house points, and you pay back those house points over the course of a month, at say, 15% interest...

Anyway, we Ravenclaws are pretty similar to Slyths in some ways - we're evil demagogues too! Knowledge is power, power is evil, therefore knowledge is evil! HA HA!

Tim the Enchanter

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Anyway, we Ravenclaws are pretty similar to Slyths in some ways - we're evil demagogues too! Knowledge is power, power is evil, therefore knowledge is evil! HA HA!
    Timmy, as I shake my head over your leaps of logic, I have a story to tell in relation to evil, knowledge and power.

A couple of years back there was a terrible storm on the coast of my state. This storm wielded an awesome amount of power, enough to drive an ancient gum tree clean through the roof of my best friend's school's library. So, the storm's power lead to the destruction of knowledge, and I can hear my fellow Ravenclaws openly weeping for the fate of all those poor books. Many would call such a consequence an act of evil. HOWEVER, there was no evil at play in any of this - any who suggest the library and/or books were evil can be shut out of the Claw Tower indefinitely, and the poor tree was as much a victim as any other player in the story. So, you say, perhaps the storm was evil - and I would possibly agree, except that it helped relieve the drought-stricken area.

Study this tale long and hard and you will surely gain a new and pure insight into the natures of power, knowledge and evil's essence. Or perhaps you'll catch onto the fact that I just felt like a ramble. Carry on.

xoxo Phia

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Angela_Prongs
    Well, I think we can all agree that Phia's a bit weird...

YES! 'Claws and Slyths are so compatible, it's frightening! (Frighteningly AWESOME, that is...) But really, what better way to use knowledge than for evil? Even a bunch of duffers (what does that even mean, eh?) can go around doing good deeds. It takes a real genius to go around hexing people and not getting caught. And then, eventually, causing ebil thunderstorms in Australia....and not getting caught... >.> *coughs*

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!

So, we lend the Slyths some of our knowledge and they lend us some of their cunning (there's a difference, guys. Really.) and then we take over the world together. We're like this: *crosses finers to show tightness*

Welcome to Ravenclaw, newbies! WE LURVE YOU!

~Ange

Redwing
    Hi, everybody! I just found out I was sorted into Ravenclaw, and I am SO EXCITED! Call me Redwing, my RL name drives me crazy. I don't think this is really where I'm supposed to be posting this, but I haven't been added to the house yet, so I can't see the other forums. I just want to say that this thread has made me feel very good about my new house.

Redwing
    Hi there, Lunalovespudding. The message doesn't have to be in those exact words - you're just trying to get the point across (politely) that you need the person who runs the Sorting Hat account to send you a sorting quiz. You just have to make sure you send it to SortingHat - after all, you have to write the username correctly, or it won't go to the right place!
    Does that make sense?

Second Year Ravenclaw
    Beset by Owls
    Hi there Claws! *waves*

So, I have a little question for you guys. How exactly do I get involved with the classes at Hogwarts? It's a complete mystery, I'm telling you. The new term's started and I want to enrol if I still can! (or, if I can't, I want to be learn how to do it for the next term).

Sorry for the stupid question. There's probably a very detailed step-by-step instruction list, but I just haven't found it yet.

~ Jordana

Back from a ridiculously long hiatus.

psijupiter
    Hi Jordana!

Normally, the Professors put up sign up posts for the classes they'll be running this term and you can sign up there. We didn't have any classes last term though, and I think the mods were talking about revamping the classes? Whatever happens, there should be a post in the Announcements forum, and in the Classes forum, so I guess just keep an eye out for them!

Psi x

Lunalovespudding

Yay!

Yay!!!!!!! I'm a Turnip!!!!! I have a few questions about drabble, and I thought 'What better place to ask then my wonderful House?' So, here they are.

First: WHAT THE HECK IS DRABBLE?????!!!!!!!!
    Second: How do you write drabble?
    Finally: What do you do with it?

Thanks! Claws for the Cup!!!!!