Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Badgers' Set

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...

The Badgers' Set

Welcome to the Badgers' Set, where you can find all of the information you could ever want to know about Hufflepuff.

This thread includes a history of the house along with comments and memories from it's current members.

These belong in Hufflepuff,
    Where they are just and loyal.
    Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
    And unafraid of toil.

Ron x Hermione
    Newbie: A new person on the forums who most likely needs help with the crazy goings-on around here.

---

Hi there! My name is Lindsey, and if you have any concerns, wishes, or questions whatsoever, you can come to me! Just remember, there are no stupid questions.

So, Hufflepuff. You got sorted here, and I know what you may be thinking. "Huh? Hufflepuff? I wanted to be in (Insert other house name here)!" Well, to tell you the truth, I almost was the same way. I wanted to be in Gryffindor, just like Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione, but it didn't seem to happen that way, as you can see!

What I love about this house, mainly, is the people. Just . . . amazing people are in Hufflepuff, and I have made quite a few friends here that I now converse daily with through Private Messaging and AIM every single day. On the forums, people are here from all over the world: America, Europe, Asia, Austrailia . . . you name it. You get a lot of help from people on your stories, as well as you can make new friends.

I currently run the Secret Badger's game in the Common Room. It's a fun little game where I will either give you prompts to write, and it will be for two months, or it will be for one month, and you write a drabble. All of the people in Hufflepuff are welcome to sign up (that means you, even though you're a newbie!), as long as you know that you will be able to do it. It's a lot of fun, and we have been doing it since January, yet we took a break this month because some people didn't really participate last month, even though they signed up.

We have a Hufflepuff Library as Michelle (below) has already mentioned where you can post your stories that have gotten up on Mugglenet Fan Fiction and allow others to share your excitement with either your first or fiftieth story! You might even get a few reviews when you do it.

There is also a Badger Burrow, where every once in a while we'll get a set of questions to answer. It's usually two or three, and you answer as heartily as you like; just make sure that you abide by the rules. That is where we can get to know a lot about each other, because some of the questions are rather random. It's a lot of fun.

Also, there is a place where you can post a lot about yourself (i.e. - favourite HP Book, Favourite non-HP Book, Name, favourite stories and author on MNFF . . . etc, etc.) that took is a place where we can get to know each other.

You probably don't know this, but we have the absolutely BEST prefects and Head of House that you can possibly ever imagine. Elysa (Physical Grafitti), our HoH, is sweet, caring, and doesn't mind if you pm her if you're confused on something in the house, or you just wanted to know anything in general, as I'm sure, are the other prefects. Roxy (Roxy Black), the one who started the whole newbie program, is an amazing Professor in the Classes that you may take if you wish in the Classes forum. I honestly don't know any of the others personally, but since Hufflepuff is up and running so nicely the way it is, I know that they are amazing.

House points. Now, if you are here, then you most likely know about the house points and how they worked in the books, but here on the forums, when you are sorted, you can go around and enter contests, make helpful posts on a certain topic, and just be a good person in general, and earn us House points! It's quite a lot of fun to do, and if you're a great writer (we all are!) then you can really help by entering the bi-monthly challenges and weekly/monthly drabble contests. Drabbles are under five-hundred word stories.

Honestly, if you got into Hufflepuff, you should be ecstatic. You've made it into the most helpful, hardworking house on the forums, and you are going to have a lot of fun. We have loads of other games to play, and currently we have our very own drabble contests, and we had a banner-making contest quite a while back. MNFF controls my life *giggles*, and I am so happy that I have made it here and made so many friends. I wish you, (insert newbie's name here), the best on the forums, and hope you can have the time of your life here, just like so many others have.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask me. Once again, there are no stupid questions, and I'm on nearly all the time . . . so, yeah. I would LOVE to help, and I wouldn't think it was odd at all. Happy Forum-ing!

~Lindsey

mugglegurl
    Hey! My name's mugglegurl, but you can call me Jordan

I'm going to tell you about the groups here. If you want to join a group, go to your User CP and on the side under Miscellaneous is Group Memberships. Click on that and it will take you to a page that should say on the top, "The following groups are available for you to join" and give you a list of the clubs.

Some of the groups require for you to submit an application, AND a join request from your User CP (if you want to join a group, you must ALWAYS submit a join request. Applications depend on the group). Some of the groups that need an application are: The Bannermaker's Association [The BA], Society for the Promotion of Evaluations for Writers [SPEW] and the Susan Bones' Book Club [The SBBC]. What each of these groups requires of you is different. You'll have to go to those forums and read the "How to Join" thread for each group.

The Beta Guild doesn't require an application, but you must be Perfect Imagination Accredited.

What is Perfect Imagination? Well you'll probably see some people who have "PI Accredited" and then a number in their signatures *points to mine for example*

Perfect Imagination is a beta organization that requires you to pass a test to become an official beta (someone who will proof read or edit your story here at MuggleNet Fan Fiction) reader. On the MuggleNet Fan Fiction Home Page, under navigation, is a link that reads PI Beta Readers. Click on that link to be led to the Perfect Imagination website.

Do you need to be PI Accredited to be a beta reader? The answer is no. You need to be PI Accredited to be in the Beta Guild, but if you don't feel like taking the Accreditation test, or if you failed and want to get better at grammar skills, you can post a thread in the Beta Services, For Sale or Rent forum. Also in that forum is a sub-forum called the Beta Mentoring Program, which will allow new betas to receive help from a more experienced beta.

Now, since I'm a member of the Susan Bones' Book Club (which will for now on be referred to as the SBBC), I'll tell you a little about it. (I'll allow members of the other groups tell you about them.)

The SBBC is an organization on the forums where you get to recommend, disect, and ask questions about MNFF's best fan fiction. You also get to chat with other SBBCers and get to know more members. Every month you submit a review for a fic of your choice. Also every month is Ernie MacMillan's Effort Award, which awards the member that did the most that month with a pretty banner. For more questions about the SBBC, you can contact lily_evans34, our SBBC mommy. She's always more than willing to help.

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    *waves hi to all newbies!*

Hey! I'm MrsRuebeusHagridDursley, but you can call me MRHD, Morgan, or some people prefer MrsRuebeus.

So you just got sorted into Hufflepuff. Congratulations, and welcome to our house! *throws confetti in welcome*

I have to say, when I got my sorting results and it said "Hufflepuff" I felt a little disappointed. I wanted Slytherin because all of my firends from school are in there. However, I decided to browse around the common room anyways, and, boy, am I glad I did. Everyone there made me feel so welcome, I was able to jump right in a feel like I had always been there. Don't be afraid to get to know us, we won't cast an e-unforgivable curse at you!

Once again, Welcome to Hufflepuff!

FanficWriterNikki
    *hugs all the shiny, new badgers*

Hey guys, my name is Nikki. I first joined MNFF in June of 2005 and then joined the forums in August of that year, so I know my way around pretty well.

When I first took the old sorting quiz, I was expecting to be a Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. I was disappointed when I clicked 'submit' and found I was a Hufflepuff. Wasn't Hufflepuff the stupid house that was full of loser pushovers? I couldn't be more wrong there.

After almost two years, I love this house so much. I really do belong here. Being here has made me learn a lot about myself. I've made friends all over the world who have helped me grow to be a better, more mature person. I'm really, really glad I was put into this house. Nothing could be nearly as great as all the memories I've had with my fellow badgers.

During my time on the forums, I have participated in a lot of activities, so feel free to ask me any questions. I promise I'm not as scary as I look.

I was a part of both the BA and the SBBC since they began, and only recently left both groups because of personal time conflicts. I would like to rejoin both eventually though. The SBBC is great for analytical people or just anyone who loves fanfiction and reading new wonderful fanfics. The BA is perfect for all of you artists. And don't think that you have to spend a ton of money on a graphics program to join the BA. GIMP is a wonderful graphic editing program that is completely free.

I am also a one-time Summer School teacher and a Gauntlet guide. Summer School is a great way to expand your knowledge about subjects that interest you, both in the HP world and in real life. I love the Gauntlet because it challenges writers in a wonderful way and jumpstarts your imagination, giving you many possibilities of what to write. I think everyone should try it, just to test theirselves as a writer.

My advice for you to live by in all your days here: Don't be afraid to be yourself and try new things. Before I joined here I would have never saw myself as a teacher, graphic designer, or someone who dissected a fanfiction. Jump right in and try something if it interests you. If you aren't the greatest at it, don't hesitate to ask for help from someone. Everyone here is really kind and amazing. If you end up not liking something, you can always try something else. There are so many things to try here, so like Amanda said, you've just got to find where you belong and you will have an amazing experience.

coppercurls
    Hi, I'm coppercurls both here in the boards and on MNFF, but really I will answer to just about anything up to and including Hey You! I've been with the forums about two years now- I joined in October of 2005.

Being a rather shy person, I didn't want to join originally, but at last I allowed myself to be persuaded and took the sorting quiz. When I found out I'd been sorted into Hufflepuff, I confess to a twinge of dissapointment- I'd expected Ravenclaw. But now I wouldn't trade it for the world. When our mods recently played an April fools prank involving the temporary dissalution of our commonrooms in favor of "Sparklypoo" I just about died. I am a badger and can't imaging being anything else.

The steryotype people give to Hufflepuffs as pushovers is absolute rubbish. I know that the people I have met on here are not just kind and caring people, but they can be opinionated, loud, and funny, not at all afraid of speaking their minds.

Our head of house, Elysa is one of the most wonderful people you will meet, and I think she exemplifies the badger idea with her project Apathy is Lethal, proving that one person can make a difference in the world. She is not scary and won't bite so take a chance to get to know her as well as our lovely prefect Roxy Black.

Our Common room is always busy, we have lots of contests that go up, as well as a short fling with blurs where we pulled our housemates into the Harry Potter universe for a drabble. The Badger burrow is a great place to chat, simply answer a couple of the topic questions and you are free to speak about anything until the next two are posted. I am a Spam Auror in the Burrow so feel free to direct any quetions you have to me or the other Aurors. We also have a paper, the Badger Bulletin which is always looking for good journalists. It also has done segments on certain puffs or their work in conjuction with Puff Cast. The Hufflepuff story, Neville's Greatest Treasure is also a fun way to add a line or two to a group project, we hope to see it up on MNFF soon!

The main mascot of Hufflepuff is the Badger, ours is named Philbert. Philbert likes to come out of his burrow to wave from time to time so you will probably see references to him around. Our other, much more unofficial, bordering on Hufflepuff joke are Crucio-s, the breakfast cereal of the Puffs (loosly based of Cheerio-s). This occured from a drabble by Rob, and had a flare of popularity that seems to have finally died down.

If you have any questions or simply want to chat, feel free to drop me a line, and if anything gets too overwhelming just ask any member of the Navy. I hope you have a wonderful experiance here on the beta boards, and a warm welcome to Hufflepuff!

Miss_Evans Lily Sofi
    Hello and Welcome dear newbies! Hi there! I'm Sophia, or most of the people here call me Sophie. Congratulations of making in Hufflepuff. As you can see, my dear friends Badgers posted some things about our beautiful house. I didn't read much of the posts and forgive me if something is repeated.
    My joining date on the forums is 12-16-2006.

When I saw that all of us could be Sorted, I said to myself "Why not me, too?" And some time after the information I PMed Karin (songbook88) and I recieved my quiz through email.

You won't believe how much I was disapointed to see that I got Sorted into Hufflepuff. I expected Gryffindor, believing that it's the best house. When I started to post into the Hufflepuff house, I aknowledged that it's a great house. We're loyal and hard-working. We're very friendly, so don't be shy to ask us anything.
    As the guys here mentioned Elysa and Rosie, I'll say something too.

Elysa is a great HoH. She is always nice, always helpful, always here to accept ideas, to give us the right direction. Rosie is a true Hufflepuff. From my experience I have no words to explain how Rosie is simply great!
    Here, I learned a lot of English. I met some great Hufflepuffs, I made friendships, and other lovely stuff.

As coppercurls said, we have lots of contests that go up. We have the new drabble thingy, a story that is written from all the Badgers, Badger Bulletin, Burrow, Scenario, This or That... If you have some ideas that you would like to say to us, you can post in 'Suggestions'.
    If you have something to ask, you're having a dilema, or you just simply need a friend, I'm here for you, PM me!
    ~Sophia

Just Tink
    Badgers, unite! Welcome. I'm Jerri, your house's friendly Quidditch captain for April and May as well as the gossip and advice columnist for our great Hufflepuff newspaper, the Badger Bulletin. I've been a member since January 2006, and am SO glad that I joined. I honestly don't understand how some people can post stories on the main site and not want to be part of the forums as well, because we have such a fantastic group of people here. And while I'm obvioudly biased, I truly do believe that a heck of a lot of those people are concentrated in Hufflepuff.

Of course, like almost everybody else I didn't picture myself here- I pictured myself a Gryffindor with a bit of Ravenclaw thrown in. I was so suprised at first that I didn't really embrace the Hufflepuffness on the forums, something I regret. You guys need to remember that no matter how you feel about your house, it's yours- stick with it! You might discover qualities in yourself you never knew you had! The sorting quiz may not be a hat, but it has been pretty accurate in sorting us, so embrace the Hufflepuff in you.

Now on to everybody's favorite thing... Quidditch! As I said earlier, I was the Hufflepuff
    Quidditch captain in April and May, meaning I headed the Hufflepuff round robin in the Three Broomsticks. In fact, the Hufflepuff team is proud to have received a special award for creativity. I strongly urge any 'Puffs who like Quidditch to participate in that- we desperately need more volunteers!

Now, the Badger Bulletin. This is the Hufflepuff newspaper that has recently been revived by Loralie, and it's a great way to get into the spirit of Hufflepuff. For me it gives me the oppurtunity to just go crazy, something that we offer everywhere in Hufflepuff. If you're journalistically minded, send me or Loralie a PM to see if you can be involved- it's a fantastic way to get to know people in our house.

Joining a Hogwarts house is like starting a new school- you have to get involved if you want to make friends! So please, don't be shy about joining in some crazy banter, contest, or discussion. You won't regret it. Remember, guys, enjoy being a Hufflepuff- after all, it has all of us in it.

Eowyn89
    Hello everyone! I’m Eowyn89 here on the forums, but feel free to call me Katie

I’ve been hanging around since December of ’06, so I’m fairly new here too! Nearly every day since I first joined, I’ve been exploring around the forums, thinking to myself, “Hmm, what a fantastic group of people!” I had no idea I could be sorted into a house, until I saw someone ask the same question. I became a Puff. Now, my first initial reaction, was, “Well, I’ve been placed into the house that I never thought I’d be placed in…there must have been a mistake! Give me Gryffindor, or even Ravenclaw!”

Once I started reading around the Hufflepuff Common Room (i.e. the uber-comfy Badger Burrow), I found out how wrong I was about myself. Hufflepuff is a great house, with plenty of people willing to help out and just have fun! I love the little things unique to my house, such as This or That, The Badger Bulletin, Scenario, the Hufflepuff Library, and plenty more contests that are always a blast! I know my fellow Puff’s have given you a better rundown of our house than I have, but there are my two cents…

My advice for you on the forums is to not be afraid, get involved, and ask a lot of questions! Find something that you are comfortable doing, whether it is art, banner making, drabble writing, or beta-ing—you will meet many new people, and hopefully some new friends! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

By the way, I know there is a lot a lingo to learn (such as PM’s, drabbles, beta-ing, what the groups and classes are all about)—but believe me, you will catch on rather quickly, and don’t forget, there are plenty of people here to help you!

~Katie

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    Hi, I'm Schmerg_The_Impaler, better known to everyone but my mother as Schmergo.

Now, I think I'd better tell you that I am not your typical Hufflepuff. You see, I rigged the sorting test so that I'd be placed in Hufflepuff, because that's always been my favourite house of the four. (My grandma bought me a Gryffindor T-shirt when I was eight and I made her return it). To be honest, I think I'm more of a Slytherin, and I'm not really very hardworking or patient at all. But I wish I were!

And the fellow Puffs are very patient with me.

When I first joined the forums, I was an aspiring fanfic writer who had written about seven fics.

All were rejected on the grounds of smelling like old fish. Or something.

It seemed to me like everyone on the site knew each other, and they all seemed so experienced and talented, and they had so many stories and so many reviews! I was in total awe. I remember the first time I saw Oppungo on the forums, having obsessively read "Dear Dumby." I almost fainted in shock!

I felt quite left out and untalented, and I thought perhaps fanfiction wasn't a good hobby for me. But then I offered to become a beta, and I did a lot of beta-ing... and then, "The Dark Lord's Blog" was accepted and I was a fanfic author with a STORY up!

Since then, I've had nine more stories accepted, and oodles more beta-ing, and now I feel like I really belong here, even though I still think that my writing is not anywhere near as good as the fanfic giants that I see populating the boards. Still, they're very kind to me and give me great advice.

But get involved around the forums! You never know what your niche will be!