Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cho Chang

MerryD
    1. What kind of work do you see her doing? We never see many of her interests and she doesn't seem like the type who could take initiative.

Well, she's very bright so I could see her having a pretty good career in the Ministry. Or she could be a Quidditch player or I could see her opening a coffeehouse like Madame Puddifoot's. I think that you've got a lot of options and you can go almost anywhere with her career.

2. Do you think she stayed in Britian after the war, or would she have left?

I think that she would have stayed in Britian. Maybe she'd travel a little bit, but she'd end up settling down in Britian.

3. I assume that she married a Muggle because of the interview, but other than that, what kind of man do you think Cho would marry?

Based off of what we know of her taste in guys (Cedric and Harry), I would say that he's probably good-looking, athletic, sensitive, smart, and someone she could talk to.

4. Do you think she maintained close relationships with anyone from school? With her parents?

I think that she would have kept contact with her school friends. She's the type of girl that friendship is very important to, and she's grown up with these people, I don't think that she'd just let them go. Definately with her parents, they probably saw her through some of her troubles, and I think that family will probably be pretty important to her as she gets older.

5. What would be her reaction if she were to run into Ginny and Harry together after the Epilogue?

I think that she would be happy to see them, she'd want to hear about their lives, and she'd want to tell about her life. I don't think that she'd be the type of girl to flirt with Harry or anything.

Peace out.

-Mere

youaremylifenow
    Do you think Cho had high self-esteem? Would she think of herself as pretty, popular, and intelligent? If she did, she wouldn't be conceited, right?

Also, do you think she would be able to be in love with Cedric in the fourth book, but in like with Harry at the same time (like a very, very minor crush)? Or is that too much love for a fifteen-year-old girl? And do we know how much Cho loved Cedric?
    I'm pretty sure he loved her quite a lot. She was the most important thing in his world (i.e. second task). If she didn't love him to the same degree, in your opnion, do you think she would have felt guilty about it?

Thanks,
    Alex

Inverarity
    Do you think Cho had high self-esteem? Would she think of herself as pretty, popular, and intelligent? If she did, she wouldn't be conceited, right?

Her self-esteem took a big hit during OotP and HBP. After all, following the death of Cedric, she practically got kicked off her Quidditch team, and was essentially dumped by Harry (though one could argue who dumped who). Several times, she was clearly jealous of Harry's relationship with Hermione. So she wasn't entirely secure about herself. But after what she went through, how could she be? She's resilient, and she came back in DH, to fight with the rest of the D.A.

I think she's smart enough to realize that she's pretty, popular, and intelligent, but she never came off as conceited. She was actually pretty humble most of the time.

Also, do you think she would be able to be in love with Cedric in the fourth book, but in like with Harry at the same time (like a very, very minor crush)? Or is that too much love for a fifteen-year-old girl? And do we know how much Cho loved Cedric?
    I'm pretty sure he loved her quite a lot. She was the most important thing in his world (i.e. second task). If she didn't love him to the same degree, in your opnion, do you think she would have felt guilty about it?

We really don't know how strong her feelings for Cedric were. After all, they had just started dating when he was killed. She was clearly devastated by his death -- for over a year afterwards, she was still dwelling on it. So it's likely that she thought she was in love with him, at least. It's also never clear whether she really had strong feelings for Harry. She clearly liked him, and she was willing to try to have a relationship with him, but part of that was to get closure with Cedric. The two of them were both kind of messed up, and not very mature, and so their relationship fizzled. I don't think it would be accurate to say either Harry or Cho were ever truly in love with one another.

But she probably did have feelings of guilt when she began seeing Harry, which only added to the turmoil of their relationship.

MorganRay

Cho

1. What kind of work do you see her doing? We never see many of her interests and she doesn't seem like the type who could take initiative.

I agree that Cho seems to have a lot of options for a career. I think her career depends on how she handled the war, actually. I wrote Cho has completely turning away from the Wizarding world after Voldemort had his second reign of terror. I feel, that after what's happened, she might be so scarred she just would not want much to do with wizards any more. However, I think Cho would keep coming back, almost impulsively drawn, to visiting Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley once in a while.

2. Do you think she stayed in Britian after the war, or would she have left?

I think Cho would have stayed. I think maybe her parents would have left, but I feel Cho feels she is too involved to leave.

3. I assume that she married a Muggle because of the interview, but other than that, what kind of man do you think Cho would marry?

I really agree that Cho would marry someone she could talk to. She's the most upset at Harry because he doesn't confide in her the way he does with Hermione. Cho, however, misinterprets this and reads it as Harry really wanting to date Hermione.

4. Do you think she maintained close relationships with anyone from school? With her parents?

As I mentioned before, I think Cho is someone who married a Muggle and distanced herself from the wizarding world for a while. I think she would be friendly to old school mates she ran into that she liked.

5. What would be her reaction if she were to run into Ginny and Harry together after the Epilogue?

She would be okay with it. I think Ginny might actually be the one who would have the problem running into Cho. I think Cho never really loved Harry, so I think Harry being with Ginny wouldn't bother her. I think Cho would really understand they weren't meant to be together, but I think Ginny might be a little jealous of her because she was the only other girl Harry ever really liked.

Also:

She was clearly devastated by his death -- for over a year afterwards, she was still dwelling on it. So it's likely that she thought she was in love with him, at least. It's also never clear whether she really had strong feelings for Harry. She clearly liked him, and she was willing to try to have a relationship with him, but part of that was to get closure with Cedric.
    I think is a fairly accurate reading of Cho. I don't think Cho ever had really strong feelings for Harry. I think she knew Cedric a long time before they started dating, but there were things (not the right moment, she thought Cedric liked onesome else, ect.) that kept them from dating sooner. I think Cho really needed closure, but she maybe was also hoping Harry would be Cedric #2, which was clearly not the case.

Emma Wigworthy
    I noticed that you thought that Cho didn't really love Harry. Do you think she would be upset about their breakup?

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    I honestly don't think so. As Morgan said, she was only dating Harry for closure. They weren't really together, right? They only went on one date, which didn't end well. Plus, it wasn't like she never saw Harry again. They got along-ish afterward, but as friends. Not even friends, I guess, more like acquaintances.
    Kindly disregard old posts by me. I was an irritating kid who didn't understand grammar.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    I think Cho is a mess in OotP in general. She's upset from Cedric dying, upset that she likes Harry, almost gets kicked off the Quidditch team, gets jealous of Hermione, then gets estranged from the DA after Marietta betrays them to Umbridge.

I don't think she really loved Harry, as much as she was attracted to him, and wanted to forget about Cedric. I would argue she's probably still upset about Cedric when she started going out with Michael Corner.

But we can see in DH that she seems to be still somewhat attracted to Harry (offering to take him to Ravenclaw Tower), or at least (Hermione or is it Ginny?) is still worried enough about Cho being attracted to Harry to insist that Luna take Harry instead.

In short, no, I don't think was In Love with Harry.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I sort of disagree with this. I'm rereading GOF at the moment and it's actually pretty clear that she likes Harry as well as Cedric. I'm not going to say she was 'in love' with him, but she was genuinely apologetic when she turned him down for the Ball. We don't know she loved Cedric. She was upset when he died, but anyone would be.

When she starts seeing Harry, she obviously feels guilty about Cedric, but she'd always liked Harry.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    As they only went on one date, and Cho was an absolute chocolate mess at that point, I don't think that her feelings for Harry could have been much past a schoolgirl crush.

As for her being upset about them breaking up, I think it was kind of the idea of Harry preferring someone else to her that got her so worked up, rather than her being actually in love with him. Her emotions had taken such a beating in the months before that that I think her actually going out with Harry was more a way for her to recover from that, so my guess is that she sort of convinced herself that her general good feelings towards Harry was more than that without really knowing what she was feeling about anything. As Ron said, "A person can't feel that much at once, they'd explode!", and I think in a sense she kind of did.

However, like Aida said, as enough feelings lingered - at least, friendly ones - for her to offer to take Harry up to Ravenclaw tower, she also can't have been too broken up about it, not for very long, anyway.
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Do you guys think she could possibly be an Auror? She is obviously intelligent being a Ravenclaw and athletic being a Quidditch player.