Thread: Evelyn Scamander

Hybrid View

Loony at Heart

Evelyn Scamander

Alright, I'm not really sure how to do this. Let's see if I can figure it out. This is a character I created for a story I'm writing.

Hi, I'm Evelyn! I'm daughter of Xavier Scamander and Eleanor Thompson. I'm pretty short (don't talk about it!) for my age, and very slender. But don't underestimate me! I can get pretty scary if I'm angry! I have dark brown, curly hair, that's pretty long, past my shoulders. I also have dark brown eyes, and freckles. And yes, before you ask, I am related to Rolf Scamander. We're cousins.

I'm an only child, and I like it that way. I get all the attention! My mother died when I was in my fourth year. I'm in my fifth year now! My father spoils my rotten.

Speaking of my father, let me tell you a little about him. He's was a Deatheater, until he was caught and put in Azkaban for a little while. He's always wanted me to go to Durmstrang, for there elaborate Dark Arts course. I'd definitely rather go to Hogwarts, with my best friend Draco Malfoy. AKA~ My partner in crime. I've probably had more detentions than everyone else in my year combined. So yeah, I'm a troublemaker. By my Daddy just thinks I'm an angel. I'm in Slytherin, (no surprise there, I bet) and I hope to be Prefect soon.

I'm always happy, and very excitable. When I get angry, though, watch out! I'm stronger than I look! And scarier! I can be very snappy and sometimes catty, but most of the time, I'm pretty sensitive. I'm loud, hyper and always laughing.

Now that we've all gotten to know each other, I should probably confess something. I have asthma and severe dyslexia. I don't really like to talk about it. Due to my reading disability, I have to have tutoring after school three times a week in the library, and my father makes me read EVERYTHING to strengthen my skills.

So, yeah. I've got a MAJOR crush on Seamus Finnigan. Don't tell! But I think he feels the same! I don't try to get my hopes up, but I end up doing so anyway.

So, I think that's all! If you'd like to know anything thing else, I'll be here! Or, that is, at my father's manor in England.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    EADA Benjamin Stone's office (having somehow jumped back to the early 90s)
    Hi Evelyn! I want to get to know your inner thoughts better.

How did your mother's death affect you? It's okay to open up your soul in this thread, Evelyn.

What is your stance on purity? Especially seeing as you have a crush on a Half-blood.

Why Seamus? Why not, say, Dean? Or Justin Finch-Fletchey? Or Zabini?

You say scary. Define scary. Are you worse than a dragon? How do you accomplish that?

What do you fear the most? In other words, what is your Boggart? (Try to focus on an irrational fear you might have than a typical fear of death.)

What do you want most from this world, and how far are you willing to go to achieve it?

Do others look down on you or up to you?

What constitutes a true friend for you?

Do you follow the crowd for self-preservation of image? Are you in any way self-preserving?

Would you go the extra mile to help someone you didn't know? Think about this carefully.

Are you the type to say "yes" to questions concerning morality if it seems like the popular answer? In other words, do you jump on band-wagons or are you outspoken about your own beliefs?

Is money the root of all evil? Or is it power? Is it the bread of life?

How loyal are you to friends? Will you sell them out for your own ends?

Whose death would you cry over more- someone who championed for equal rights for all people (Muggles and wizards) or someone who promised you prestige and all your dreams realized? (Just your dreams- this someone didn't promise this to everyone)

Are you a stray to the corner type person or someone who wants to be the center of attention?

Book smart or street smart? (or not smart at all?)

And last, does magic set you above non-magical beings? Why or why not?
    Last edited by Nagini Riddle; 10-12-2012 at 06:27 AM.
    Banner by the opaleye and avvie by me

Loony at Heart
    Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH. HIII!!!!

How did your mother's death affect you? It's okay to open up your soul in this thread, Evelyn.
    It was horrible! What did you expect? Uh...let's see. I was pretty crushed. We were pretty close. But I don't think I was as upset as my father. They'd been together since they were in their fifth year.

What is your stance on purity? Especially seeing as you have a crush on a Half-blood.
    Well....I can't really say anything, considering I'm a Half-blood myself. My mother was a Muggle-born, and my father a Pure-blood. I don't think it really matters too much.

Why Seamus? Why not, say, Dean? Or Justin Finch-Fletchey? Or Zabini?
    Uhm. Dean's too shy. Justin's a Hufflepuff for Merlin's sake! And Zabini kind of scares me, to be honest. I don't know....Seamus just looks so cute when he's covered in ashes!

You say scary. Define scary. Are you worse than a dragon? How do you accomplish that?
    I just get really loud, and say somethings I'm not very proud of. And probably not as scary as a dragon, per-say.

What do you fear the most? In other words, what is your Boggart? (Try to focus on an irrational fear you might have than a typical fear of death.)
    Public humiliation! I shudder at the thought! I'd die if anyone laughed at me! Oh...and snakes. Yes, I know. It's ironic. But I just can't stand them!

What do you want most from this world, and how far are you willing to go to achieve it?
    I just want to be liked. I'm a very likable person! Oh, and recognition for thing's that I achieve in life.

Do others look down on you or up to you?
    Well...I'm kind of shorter than most people...so probably down. Right, sorry. Uh, hopefully up. I try to be outgoing and unique, and most people are afraid to do that.

What constitutes a true friend for you?
    Confidence. I hate it when people are too shy to do anything!

Do you follow the crowd for self-preservation of image? Are you in any way self-preserving?
    I hate following the crowd! Didn't we already go over this?

Would you go the extra mile to help someone you didn't know? Think about this carefully.
    No way! If I don't know you, I probably don't need to.

Are you the type to say "yes" to questions concerning morality if it seems like the popular answer? In other words, do you jump on band-wagons or are you outspoken about your own beliefs?
    Definitely outspoken. But it sort of depends on the question, I guess.

Is money the root of all evil? Or is it power? Is it the bread of life?
    Power. Rich people get everywhere in life!

How loyal are you to friends? Will you sell them out for your own ends?
    I would never do that! I'm not that mean! Well....unless it's Pansy Parkinson. She deserves it.

Whose death would you cry over more- someone who championed for equal rights for all people (Muggles and wizards) or someone who promised you prestige and all your dreams realized? (Just your dreams- this someone didn't promise this to everyone)
    Choice B, of course! I want my dreams to come true!!

Are you a stray to the corner type person or someone who wants to be the center of attention?
    Definitely center of attention. Corners are for losers.

Book smart or street smart? (or not smart at all?)
    Street smart. I hate books! I thought I mentioned my Dyslexia? And anyways, my dad's a Deatheater. So yeah.

And last, does magic set you above non-magical beings? Why or why not?
    If you're asking if I associate with Muggles, then yes. My mother's side of the family are Muggles, so I really don't mind them.

Nice to meet you, Nagini! Wait...you're not a snake....are you?!?

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Hogwarts, of course! The internet connection here isn't great....
    Why, hello, Evelyn! How are you today? I already know you pretty well, but I figured I could learn even more about you!

What is your opinion on Slytherins? Are they stuck-up and mean to your beloved Gryffindor, or pretty cool people?

What friends (other than Draco) do you have inside of Slytherin? Anyone in your dorm you particularly like?

What was your mother's funeral like? How did you act? Give us a paragraph or so of what you remember - either the day she died, or her funeral. Or both!!

What are some of the things that you consider yourself good at? We know most of the things you're not good at, but what are your talents that you pride yourself in?

What house do you think you would have been in if you weren't in Slytherin? Why?

What are some things that really get on your nerves?

What do you think of the fact that your father was a Death Eater? Would you be one, given the choice, or are you more of a Dumbledore fan?

Do you think that it's probable that you'll get the place as a prefect? Why do you want to be one?

What was your most mortifying/horrible moment at Hogwarts so far?

What has been the most you've talked with Seamus so far?

Do you tend to have a lot of good friends, or have a few really good ones? And are you willing to make new friends?

What's your favorite thing to learn about? I mean, you may not like school, but the wizarding world's pretty interesting.

What do you think your Patronus would be? Why? Would your Animagous be the same, or different?

~εɱɱą =)
    Author Page~Duel~Excerpts~Drabbles~(not-so-great)Poetry~RAVENCLAW!!

Thanks so much to Toni for making this wonderful banner and avvie. Quote on avatar is from the song Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons. <3
    My total BFFLE is Kreacher Feacher/Loony at Heart/Taylor. Don't let her scare you. XD
    I'm quite busy at the moment, so I may be pretty spotty or just not seem to appear at all. I'll hopefully be back to normal in a few months.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    EADA Benjamin Stone's office (having somehow jumped back to the early 90s)
    Do you find that you are a happy person or a depressed person? Why?

What keeps you awake at night?

Do you have a religion or tradition that you follow? If so, what is it?

Do you have any family mottos?

What would you do with Peruvian Instant Darkness powder?

What is the worst nightmare you have ever had?

Do you feel like others judge you in a bad way?
    Banner by the opaleye and avvie by me

Loony at Heart
    What is your opinion on Slytherins? Are they stuck-up and mean to your beloved Gryffindor, or pretty cool people?
    They're pretty cool people, definitely! Most of them. Except Pansy Parkinson. Have I mentioned I hate her?

What friends (other than Draco) do you have inside of Slytherin? Anyone in your dorm you particularly like?
    Well, there's this girl in my year named Ramona Grint. She's pretty nice. We have Ancient Runes together, which, don't tell anyone, but I'm pretty good at! I'm basically friends with everyone, except You-Know-Who. (No, not him. Pug-face, as others like to call her.)

What was your mother's funeral like? How did you act? Give us a paragraph or so of what you remember - either the day she died, or her funeral. Or both!!
    I didn't really say much, to be honest. Not for most of the week following. But, alright, here goes.

It was a misty, September morning. I was dressed in black dress robes, only fourteen at the time. I was mortified. My father was at my side for the majority of the service, and we didn't stay long after. It was pretty dreary. Luckily it started raining later, so I could cry without people realizing. I'm not a big crier usually, but this was an exception. I was only able to muster a few audible words when we went up to her casket to say goodbye. Something like, "I love you," or "I'll miss you," It was all in all a very sad day.

What are some of the things that you consider yourself good at? We know most of the things you're not good at, but what are your talents that you pride yourself in? Lying, pranks, all around trouble-making. Actually, I'm pretty good with animals. I don't know why, I just sort of have this... appreciation for them. It's strange.

What house do you think you would have been in if you weren't in Slytherin? Why? Hm... definitely not Ravenclaw. Or Hufflepuff. Probably Gryffindor, as much as it pains me to say it. I'm pretty brave.

What are some things that really get on your nerves? When people are annoyingly happy. It irks me to no end.

What do you think of the fact that your father was a Death Eater? Would you be one, given the choice, or are you more of a Dumbledore fan? I don't really have an opinion on the matter. I'm not really allowed to have one.

Do you think that it's probable that you'll get the place as a prefect? Why do you want to be one? Probably not. I was just thinking it, for the popularity.

What was your most mortifying/horrible moment at Hogwarts so far? Oh. My. Gosh. Potions. The first, and last place I blew something up.

What has been the most you've talked with Seamus so far? Well... remember when I said I blew something up in Potions? Well, he was there. And I said I was sorry, and he said it was okay. That's about it.

Do you tend to have a lot of good friends, or have a few really good ones? And are you willing to make new friends? I can tolerate just about everyone, except a few choice people. But I have a few best friends.

What's your favorite thing to learn about? I mean, you may not like school, but the wizarding world's pretty interesting. The Dark Arts. I find them intriguing.

What do you think your Patronus would be? Why? Would your Animagous be the same, or different? Hm. That's a good question. I think my Patronus would probably be a snake. Because I'm a Slytherin and rather sneaky, if I do say so myself. I think my Animagous would probably be the same, if not, a wolf or something, because I just think they're so cool!

Nagini~

Do you find that you are a happy person or a depressed person? Why? It depends on life, really. Sometimes, when I think about my mum, I get a little depressed, but most of the time, I'm pretty happy!

What keeps you awake at night? The thought of getting sick, like my mother did.

Do you have a religion or tradition that you follow? If so, what is it? No, not really. My father follows He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, if that counts.

Do you have any family mottos? Not really. We're pretty laid back. As long as you don't disgrace the family, that is...

What would you do with Peruvian Instant Darkness powder? Evil things, darling.

What is the worst nightmare you have ever had? Hm. Well, I did have one last week, that I couldn't find my hair things and make up. Now THAT'S a nightmare. Alright, I'll be serious now. I've had ones about death, right around the time my mother died. They were pretty scary. And ones about Dementors. Don't ask.

Do you feel like others judge you in a bad way? I don't really care, to be honest. They can think what they want, as long as they don't start rumours.