Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

Lilypudding
    Originally posted by wandaXmaximoff:

I have a question.
    When I tryed submitting a story using the 'file' 'browse' option, it wouldn't let me. I got a message telling me it was an invalid file type. I was trying to submit a MS Works file at the time. I then changed it to a wordpad and then a notpad file ( both RTD I think). Neither of these worked either, so I had to copy and past the story, then add the formatting myself.
    Is this normally what happens, I was I just using the wrong file type. If so, what is the correct file types accepted by MNFF?
    Because it's much easier submitting a file just by browsing for the correct one on your P.C.
    It took me ages getting the hand of copying and pasting it, then addinng the formatting.
    Thanks.
    Needing to get my two cents in:
    I know this doesn't pertain much to the subject of getting the mods to read it, but one thing I like to do when typing my stories in word is to add the formatting in as I write the story, so when it comes time to submit, all I have to do is copy and paste.

Also, when are they going to announce the new mods? I didn't apply, but I'm just curious...

Poultrygeist
    I copy and paste from my word processor also. I have no trouble doing it that way.

We've been reading applications and recommendations for the new moderator positions. Lots and lots and lots of them... I can't give you a definite date for an announcement, but we've got a short list of contendors. There were so many good applicants, it's a tough decision!

wandaXmaximoff
    I have another question.
    In signatures, why is only the link to the image aloud? I thought you were aloud to have images as long as they weren't bigger than 300 pixels long by 500 pixels wide. Have the rules changed or do people just prefere putting the link and not the actual image. Thanks.

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by wandaXmaximoff
    I have another question.
    In signatures, why is only the link to the image aloud? I thought you were aloud to have images as long as they weren't bigger than 300 pixels long by 500 pixels wide. Have the rules changed or do people just prefere putting the link and not the actual image. Thanks.
    You can put an image. Go to your User CP and Options. Make sure you have "show image" checked instead of the other option.

[EDIT] More specifically. Go to User CP. Click User Options. Scroll down to Visible Post Elements and make sure you put a check next to "Show Signature."

Fox Animagi

Um...I didn't know where to find it on the boards, so I decided to post my question here. I've heard that your not allowed to have flashing/animated avatars. Is that correct? If so...I hope I won't get in trouble, because I had trouble finding out. Thnkx!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Yeah, it's true. Members aren't allowed to have animated avatars. For your Luna one, I'd say just pick one of the cute little phrases.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

sayiansirius
    Are we allowed to submit our drabble challenges to Mugglenet once they're judged? Even though most are under 499 words?

GringottsVault711
    The MNFF submission rule states that chapters must be 800 words, at least [and few are accepted under 1000, for reference]. So the answer is no.

Murderer

My story is gone!!

My fanfic, We Live to Die, is gone. I have no idea why or how. Help, please!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderer
    My fanfic, We Live to Die, is gone. I have no idea why or how. Help, please!
    Again, this question has been answered before. Fanfics are often deleted on accident due to the switch to the new fanfiction system. Plus, there might be glitches. Just resubmit and, since you've been validated before, you'll have no trouble having your story validated again.