Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 153

Thread: Ask a Moderator

  1. #71
    Vindictus Viridian
    Guest
    Two questions:

    My "Blue" series has now disappeared twice, which seems odd since it's three stories (with a potential fourth lolloping about and refusing to make baby bunnies) and rather popular. I'd rather keep them grouped. What happened?

    and the other:

    What's the threshold on delete-please flames? Whether they bother me, or whether they would bother the next, hypothetical person to be reviewed by the flamer?

  2. #72
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindictus Viridian
    Two questions:

    My "Blue" series has now disappeared twice, which seems odd since it's three stories (with a potential fourth lolloping about and refusing to make baby bunnies) and rather popular. I'd rather keep them grouped. What happened?

    and the other:

    What's the threshold on delete-please flames? Whether they bother me, or whether they would bother the next, hypothetical person to be reviewed by the flamer?

    Some members have been abusing the series function. People adding pointless series with no stories in them. Some of us have been whisking through the queue deleting such pointless series. It may be possible that one of us deleted your series by accident. Also, we suspect a glitch in the series option. Try grouping again.

    Flames can and will be deleted if you PM/email/let a moderator know about it. Provide a link to the review, and we'll look into it. Currently, we're also experiencing problems deleting reviews, so most likely we'll edit the review and edit out the offensive flame. If the flamer has flamed before, most likely we'll know. If the flamer has flamed before OR his/her flame is highly offensive, we'll email him/her with a warning.

  3. #73
    wandaXmaximoff
    Guest
    I have a question.
    When I tryed submitting a story using the 'file' 'browse' option, it wouldn't let me. I got a message telling me it was an invalid file type. I was trying to submit a MS Works file at the time. I then changed it to a wordpad and then a notpad file ( both RTD I think). Neither of these worked either, so I had to copy and past the story, then add the formatting myself.
    Is this normally what happens, I was I just using the wrong file type. If so, what is the correct file types accepted by MNFF?
    Because it's much easier submitting a file just by browsing for the correct one on your P.C.
    It took me ages getting the hand of copying and pasting it, then addinng the formatting.
    Thanks.

  4. #74
    Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Eponine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Writing in a cafe
    Posts
    257
    Well, when an author does manage to submit using the file button, there's a glitch that doesn't let a mod read it, so even if it had worked you probably would have needed to do it by hand anyway. It's sort of a pain, but it's the only way it works.

    Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

  5. #75
    MrTibbles
    Guest
    How do you create a link from your banner in your signature to the fic itself?

    *is computer illiterate*

    MrTibbles

  6. #76
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTibbles
    How do you create a link from your banner in your signature to the fic itself?

    *is computer illiterate*

    MrTibbles

    You have your image tag correct? This is what you'd put:

    [url=url to your fanfic][img]link of image[/img][/url ]

    make sure you don't have that last space in between the l and the bracket.

  7. #77
    Sara Wood
    Guest
    Erm...SO sorry if this was asked (I know you mods said to read through the whole post but it is 8 pages long...)

    I was wondering if there was a way to change your username without having to re register on the forums and mugglenet fanfiction. Keep all the same things (stories, banners, PM's, ect...) You see I have a habit of hating my usernames after a while and this one no one seems to understand because...well it's a long story, and I was wondering if you could help me out.

  8. #78
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Wood
    Erm...SO sorry if this was asked (I know you mods said to read through the whole post but it is 8 pages long...)

    I was wondering if there was a way to change your username without having to re register on the forums and mugglenet fanfiction. Keep all the same things (stories, banners, PM's, ect...) You see I have a habit of hating my usernames after a while and this one no one seems to understand because...well it's a long story, and I was wondering if you could help me out.

    No you can't change your username without re-registering.

    And we're not asking that you read the entire thread. Rather, use the "search" feature and put in keywords pertinent to the question you're asking

  9. #79
    lainie xox
    Guest

    Font Colour

    Am I allowed to post whole posts in a different than standard colour?

    I tend to like using blue as my font colour, and never thought of it as a problem before... though someone told me that the mods might not like it. It's a bit of my habit to distinguish my posts from others, and not purposely trying to attract attention (a bad thing?). Is that okay?

  10. #80
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lainie xox
    Am I allowed to post whole posts in a different than standard colour?

    I tend to like using blue as my font colour, and never thought of it as a problem before... though someone told me that the mods might not like it. It's a bit of my habit to distinguish my posts from others, and not purposely trying to attract attention (a bad thing?). Is that okay?
    It's fine. As long as it doesn't hurt our eyes lyk this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •