Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

MaiaMadness
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Maeve
    You can only post one chapter per story at a time.
    This is something I have been wondering for a while. I know you can only submit one chapter to a story at a time, but can you submit a chapter for another story, or another one-shot while there is a chapter in que? To elaborate: If I have submited a chapter for story A, can I submit another chapter for story B or story C at the same time, or do I have to wait until the chapter for story A has been validated?

Thanks in advance!

MaiaMadness

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

You can submit a maximum of two different stories at one time. But ideally not in the same category, It's mods discretion if you repeteadly submit multiple stories to one catgeory.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Unregistered

Uh...

What's a sticky? Sorry, forums confuse me... this is too short? I just have a simple question!!!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party

Word count/Challenges

Hi,
    I know that chapters must be at least 800 words (preferably 1000+) but what about prologues/epilogues? For example, I have a short story I'm working on and the prologue is only about 700 words. Should I just lump it with the first chapter then? Thanks!

Oh, another question: I'm seeing responses to challenges going up . . . is that strictly a house thing? Once we are sorted, do we get to find out more? How? I am sort of interested, as school is out soon and I just bought a new computer. Thanks!
    ~Gina

Aquarius

Question Chapter gone missing?

I'm not exactly sure as to where or to whom I should be asking this so it seemed liek the right place to go for answers. I posted the second chapter of my story about a week or so ago and a few days later when I went to see if it had been accepted or rejected, I never got an email stating if it had been either, it wasn't there. This has happened in the past everytime I post that chapter and I never recieve a rejection letter if it has ever been rejected. Can someone please explain to me as to why this keeps happening?
    Thanks!

HopeWheeler
    I had an account on MNFF under a different username, but I would like to have my username be HopeWheeler like it is here, so it will be less confusing for me, the readers, and the people that I BETA read for. I don't have any stories up under the old account, I had only submitted the prologue of one which was rejected for formatting issues and such. Would it be a problem if I just registered for a new account?

grangergurl
    I've been waiting forever to get my story posted. Hmmm....my sister may have taken the liberty of editing it. How can I find out?

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Unregistered - A mod can sticky a thread to make it more noticeable to members. It's just a type of thread that is generally important. (You might want to get an account as well).

Gmariam - the minimum word count for a prologue or an epilogue is 500 words, so with 700 you're okay. A challenge might be a challenge within a house, between two members or an official challenge. If your house common room has a challenge thread, you're definitely allowed (and encouraged) to participate. Also, once you're sorted you'll be able to see more forums like The Three Broomsticks and The Great Hall where challenges are being issued.

Aquarius - There are some kinks in our new system. If you aren't getting a letter, check the FAQ and find the post where it says what moderator goes over what categories. Go ahead and PM that moderator and ask them to help you out. If s/he doesn't remember your story, I'm sure s/he'll be happy to PM a letter to you.

HopeWheeler - Sorry, but we can only change usernames if they are inappropriate . There are quite a few members who have different usernames on the sites, and as long as you tell beta readers and such both of your usernames, I'm sure it will be fine.

Grangergurl - Make sure that the story is still in queue. You can find the status of it when you look at the "edit stories" page. If it's not in queue, check your email. If you didn't get it, check your spam folder. If you still didn't get it, check the FAQ and talk to the moderator who mods your category.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

9. 06-12-2006, 07:50 PM

Aquarius

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    I'm not exactly sure as to where or to whom I should be asking this so it seemed liek the right place to go for answers. I posted the second chapter of my story about a week or so ago and a few days later when I went to see if it had been accepted or rejected, I never got an email stating if it had been either, it wasn't there. This has happened in the past everytime I post that chapter and I never recieve a rejection letter if it has ever been rejected. Can someone please explain to me as to why this keeps happening?
    Thanks!
    Yes. Well you already answered this question and I did as you said and well it turned out that you were the one that I should be asking. Well the title of the story is Collision, chapter title Until We Meet Again, penname Carmen. Well if you coudl answer my question as to what happened to my story that would be great. Thank you!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Aquarius - Thanks for trying to help, but you can just let the mods answer the questions in the threads. Also, try not to double post unless if it's really important (considering members don't have the edit option). Talk to me over PM about your story. We'll get it sorted out.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!