Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Hi,
    I have another question about the new mods, will you let those who applied know that they didn't get the job as well as those who did?
    I ask because I applied and I still havn't heard anything back.
    Thanks for your time,
    ~ Roxy

IrisSilverman
    I don't know if my questions is answered in another thread or whatever. Shoot me down if it is.

What exactly is the signature limit?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Black
    Hi,
    I have another question about the new mods, will you let those who applied know that they didn't get the job as well as those who did?
    I ask because I applied and I still havn't heard anything back.
    Thanks for your time,
    ~ Roxy
    At the moment, I believe all the mods that were chosen have already been contacted. So yes, we've already contacted them. If you weren't chosen this time, no worries. We'll hire again in the future. The list of who did make mod this time will be posted soon.

I don't know if my questions is answered in another thread or whatever. Shoot me down if it is.

What exactly is the signature limit?
    300 x 500 pixels.

4. 06-10-2006, 10:37 PM

narniafreak730

Editing

Can I edit chapters after they have been validated? Will they have to be validated again? I don't plan on making big changes; I just want to fix some things my Beta suggested, but don't want to have wait for validation again.

Thanks!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Yup, you can edit after a story is validated. Since the chapter already went through the queue, it doesn't need to again. If you edit when a story is still in the queue, though, it will be moved down to the bottom.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

fawkes_07

Chapter oddness, or...

Hi, utterly green newbie here. I apologize in advance for not finding the answer to my question, though I'm sure it's in here somewhere...

I was so excited when my first chapter got validated, I promptly submitted two more. Did I err? I ask, because Chapter 2 is still in the queue, but Chapter 3 is gone, whoosh, bye bye (with nary an e-Owl to explain the Vanishing spell...)

The instructions were clear about not submitting multiple things the first time you post a story, but it seemed like it was ok to submit more than one chapter at a time from then on...or did I merely read what I wanted to read, not what was actually there?

Cheers and thanks,
    J.

loral
    how do i add a picture to my signature? (if it isn't already on the net...)

thanks...

loral
    oh, and another thing- how do i change what it says under my name? (if i can)

what do those things mean anyhow?

thanks again

fawkes_07

Eeek! Never mind...

Herm, for some reason I can't edit my post above...obviously the gremlins in the computer want everyone to see what a git I am. Anyway, I discovered the answer to my question, figured out that I was submitting my chapters incorrectly, fixed that up (I think), and removed Chapter 3 for the time being. So...just carry on as if I weren't here, thanks...

*feels silly*

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

You can only post one chapter per story at a time.

You can't add a picture to your signature if it isn't already hosted on the net.

Nor can you change the phrase under your name. That's set by the site and changes with your post count.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope