Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

sayiansirius
    I just signed up for a class and when I hit submit, after the "wait five seconds" message popped it, it didn't take me back to the post but to the list of threads in the "Study Hall" Did my post submit?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by sayiansirius
    I just signed up for a class and when I hit submit, after the "wait five seconds" message popped it, it didn't take me back to the post but to the list of threads in the "Study Hall" Did my post submit?
    This question, too, has been answered.

Posts in the Beta Guild and the Summer School threads are moderated meaning they must be approved by a moderator before they show up.

avada_kedavra_this
    *just searched through ever page and is exhausted*

Okay, I looked through here to see if my question had been answered and didn't see anything. So here it goes ...

I was really excited when I first saw that we could see who put us on their favorite author list. So far, I have elevn people who've added me - but when I click on the number '11' to see who those people are, I can only see three names. Is there a reason why it won't show me the rest?

Thanks

-AKT

GringottsVault711
    If there's an answer to this, I don't think it's been found yet. I know I have the same problem on my account. efic v 2 has quie a few glitches, this is probably another.

Infanitestarburst

Why

How come when I put in a chapter, it always looks how I want it to, but after it's been added, I go back and look at it and the spaces between the lines are MUCH bigger.

.:Example:.
    ~How I submit it~

He nudged me awake after a few minutes. "Camilla, you've got to get up. It's really late."

"That's why I should be sleeping," I mumbled.

"No, that's why I've got to hurry up and get you back to your dorm."

"Oh, alright," I said, attempting to sit up.

"Here, I'll walk you there," he said, helping me up. He held me around the waist as we walked up a few flights of stairs, then I stopped him.

"Wait, I just got an idea."

~After it's been accepted~

He nudged me awake after a few minutes. "Camilla, you've got to get up. It's really late."

"Here, I'll walk you there," he said, helping me up. He held me around the waist as we walked up a few flights of stairs, then I stopped him.

I go back to edit it and after each space this is there"<br/><br/>" sometimes there are like three or four of them. I think it makes my story really unreadable and confusing.
    I'd really like to know why that is happening.

Dlicious237
    Hi I was just wondering if I'm aloud to have a personal link in my signature? It's not another another fanfic site, just a personal site, but it does have my fanfic on it. I havn't even created a signature yet, but I'm just curious about if I can do that when I do create one. Let me know! Thanks

Sincerely, Lilly

Poultrygeist
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlicious237
    Hi I was just wondering if I'm aloud to have a personal link in my signature? It's not another another fanfic site, just a personal site, but it does have my fanfic on it. I havn't even created a signature yet, but I'm just curious about if I can do that when I do create one. Let me know! Thanks

Sincerely, Lilly
    You may speak aloud, if you would like. You are also allowed to put a personal link in your signature as long as it doesn't have any objectionable content. Remember that these forums are family-friendly, and if your personal site is not, then you should not link to it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by infanitestarburst
    How come when I put in a chapter, it always looks how I want it to, but after it's been added, I go back and look at it and the spaces between the lines are MUCH bigger.

.:Example:.
    ~How I submit it~
    efiction recognizes BOTH carriage returns and <br/> tags. My suspicion is that you've got both in there, so when the software looks at your chapter and shows it back to you, it doubles the spaces.

Infanitestarburst
    So, should I just submit it with out the spaces, like this??

9. 06-07-2006, 12:38 AM

Poultrygeist
    Quote Originally Posted by Infanitestarburst
    So, should I just submit it with out the spaces, like this??
    No. Do it like this:

That should do it. If it doesn't I'd like to know so I can stop giving bad advice.

Infanitestarburst
    that's how i usually submit it, but it always enlarges the spaces. i'm going to edit them and do it the other way and see if that works