Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

Unregistered
    I was just wondering how you figure out how many reads your story has gotten.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Snape Hates Me
    I have noticed that the moderators are really cracking down on posting infractions, (threads in the wrong forum, etc.) (And Iím not complaining about it, by the way.)

Not to rat myself out or anything, but I was recently in one of the Forums and realized, too late, that I have probably erred in posting a response to a thread that likely belongs somewhere else. I posted some questions about what to do in a thread there, but thought I might ask in this one as well, as my questions apply to all the forums and not just that one specifically. I hope this is all right.

So, what do we do if we see a thread that really seems to be in the wrong place, but might be a good thread that we want to respond to? Do we simply ignore it until a Mod takes care of it, or can we offer the suggestion that it be moved? I read somewhere that we are not allowed to tell someone that they should ask to have their thread locked. Is this the same sort of thing? I donít want to overstep my bounds, but I donít want to stand by when Iím almost certain someone is about to lose points, either. (Especially if theyíre in my house.) If a thread hasnít been moved or locked after a certain amount of time, can we assume it is in the right place and go ahead and post a reply?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I was just wondering how you figure out how many reads your story has gotten.
    This has been answered many times already. You can't.

So, what do we do if we see a thread that really seems to be in the wrong place, but might be a good thread that we want to respond to? Do we simply ignore it until a Mod takes care of it, or can we offer the suggestion that it be moved? I read somewhere that we are not allowed to tell someone that they should ask to have their thread locked. Is this the same sort of thing? I don’t want to overstep my bounds, but I don’t want to stand by when I’m almost certain someone is about to lose points, either. (Especially if they’re in my house.) If a thread hasn’t been moved or locked after a certain amount of time, can we assume it is in the right place and go ahead and post a reply?
    If you know for sure it's out of place, contact a moderator online, preferably the moderator of the forum you posted in. Kindly apologize for posting in the wrong place and ask for guidance in moving it to its rightful forum.

You can ask for your thread to be locked, I'm sure (other mods, correct me if I'm wrong). To me, it would seem like you're helping us clean up what is not needed, which is good.

Use your better judgment on whether a thread belongs in a forum or not. If not, don't post. If it does, go ahead. If you're not sure, see if you can wait just a couple more days. Or you may PM the person asking the question with your viewpoints. The forums are used to get help and to help, no matter if House points are awarded or not. So giving help is always encouraged in any form!

Aquarius

Resorting?

Hello. I was recently sorted and did not wish to be in the house that I was sorted into and I was wondering if there is any way to be resorted? If there is or isn't please feel free to PM me. thank you!

Poultrygeist
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius
    Hello. I was recently sorted and did not wish to be in the house that I was sorted into and I was wondering if there is any way to be resorted? If there is or isn't please feel free to PM me. thank you!
    Your question has already been answered via PM by Harry Potter. His answer is the same one you will receive from any mod.

EDIT: The answer, by the way, is No. Your choice is the house you get sorted into or No House. Period. End of Story. Harry Potter needs to get back to JKR and help her save the world from Voldemort. He hasn't got the time to sit around all day playing sorting hat.

Catrin
    I don't whether this is a problem my end or yours, but I keep clicking on forums, or threads and getting this error message. It isn't the normal one, but a Mugglenet Fanfiction BETA Boards one. I can't remember exactly what it says, but if it happens again I'll come back and edit. Normally it's okay by just refreshing, but sometimes, especially in the classes forum, it just keeps coming up.

Edit: this is what it says:

There seems to have been a problem with the MuggleNet FanFiction Beta Boards database.
    Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

The problem is persisting so...

Poultrygeist
    Yes, that's happening to us too. Emails have been sent to the technical staff and they'll take care of it just as soon as they can. Just hang tight.

AurorGirl101

not Sure

Hi, Ummm. I am not to sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will ask anyway!!

In Knockpixel Alley, you can make banner requests. Can you also make avatar requests?

Thanks in advance

9. 06-13-2006, 08:18 PM

10. 06-13-2006, 08:49 PM

11. 06-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    Hi, Ummm. I am not to sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will ask anyway!!

In Knockpixel Alley, you can make banner requests. Can you also make avatar requests?

Thanks in advance
    Hmm I would say yes. However, I strongly recommend asking BA members or QueenHal herself just in case I'm wrong.

DarkLordsApprentice

Question logged out

I don't know why, but almost every time I try to access a different thread, I automatically get logged out and I have to log back in all over again. It's getting really annoying, and I don't know if it's something wrong with my computer or something wrong with the forums.