Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

AstroFire
    Hi,

I was just wondering when will we able to know who are the new mods. I know I'm not one but I do want to know who were the lucky ones.

Sorry if I may be annoying you with this, but I thought the names would be posted today as it was yesterday when you announced the seven new mods had been picked.

Thanks!

~AstroFire

Mrsgeorgeweasley
    It'll be a day or two before the list gets posted.

We notified those who made it yesterday evening and we need to leave them some time to respond and accept the position before we make the list public. So i'm afraid you'll have to hang tight for a bit.

MrsGW

Infanitestarburst
    i have a question. who is the mod that validates my stories? i've got a question. and i can't find out where i can find the name of the mod that does my stuff.

4. 06-09-2006, 06:49 AM

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Infanitestarburst -- be sure to check the FAQ before asking a question. The answer to this is actually in the FAQ. Clickie! It's the last post in that thread. Contact the mod for your category.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

TheEvilBroomstick

Questions...

How can you find out where a post has been moved to? And what's a drabble? I've been trying to figure out for a while now...

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Recently a lot of threads from general fanfiction discussion have been moved to the Room of Requirement. If you want to find a thread that you were posting in, you can click on your own username and then click "find all posts by this user" and it will show you your posts in threads. You can click the links for that thread to get taken to the thread that might have been moved.

It doesn't appear that you're sorted though, so you won't be able to see the RoR until you are.

A drabble is a short story (100-499 words). Those are too short to be posted on the main site, but they can be posted in The Three Broomsticks.

EDIT: Also, if you go to the forum where the thread was originally, there's a shadow left behind that you can click to take you to the new location.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party

Series question

Hi,
    Where can I find more information on the series function? And I correct in assuming that it is a way of grouping stories together that have a similar theme? How does one go about using the series function? Can it be done after the stories are submitted and validated? And finally, there was a post about the series function not working correctly - is it feeling better now?
    Thanks!!
    ~Gina

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

The series function is working fine.

You need to have at least two stories validated that form a series.

Click on Series in your profile.

The site will guide you through the rest.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Shock
    Just wondering, but how long is a chapter supposed to stay in the queue? Because mine is usually in there for at least a week before it's seen by a mod...

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock
    Just wondering, but how long is a chapter supposed to stay in the queue? Because mine is usually in there for at least a week before it's seen by a mod...
    Well, it's supposed to be in queue for a week. However, if you submitted in a huge category such as Ron/Hermione, Harry/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, General, or Dark/Angsty, it'll take a while before a mod can get to it. Those categories are heaviest.

You can contact a mod if your story has been in queue for more than 7 days to ask someone to look into it. Contact the mod you know is a moderator in the category. For example, if you'd like to look into your story in Other Pairings, you would contact me. Look in the "Meet the mods" thread to find your moderator.

I suggest that you don't nudge your moderator if your story has been in queue for 7 days or less.