Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

sayiansirius
    I know the mods are aware of the issues with e-mailing readers from MNFF but just saying just in case you guys aren't aware of this issue: I get multiple e-mails when a fic on my favorites list is updated. I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen just just adding...

mooncalf
    Make way for an incredibly stupid question: if I want to reccomend someone to be a mod, do I just PM her saying yes, she should, or do I need to say exactly why I think she would make a good mod? Just checking, I don't want my reccomendation to be completely useless for her.

KalHoNaaHo
    mooncalf - The more detail you put in, the more likely we are to consider her seriously. We look over everyone's applications regardless of their recommendations, but if you mention why she would make a good mod, it'll give us a better idea of users' opinions of the applicant.

sayiansirius - We know. It's been mentioned and is being worked on.

greeneyes - I know this was a problem with the old efiction, and it's likely a problem here too. You have to copy-paste your chapter into the Story Text box and hand format it. It's a pain, but it's the only way for a mod to be able to look over your fic. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

First Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

Well that's fine; it's not that big of a pain anyway. But then, why is there an option to upload it from your computer if the mods can't read it that way?

GringottsVault711
    As Kal already said, it's a problem with the system. It's not that we can't read it, it's that for some reason, the site will not allow you to upload it as a document.

We don't design the system, we just use it, as do many other fanfiction sites.

6. 06-01-2006, 04:53 AM

G_A_Potter
    My story, Horcruxes and Harry Potter keeps coming up with a sex and bad language warning. I rated it 6-7th years because that's when it takes place. Was that a mistake? Could someone please explain to me what I can do to get rid of this message? After all, there are a lot of parental controls around that won't allow young people to read it because of a false warning. This is really offensive to me! I feel like someone is accusing me of being a pervert!

Yours,

Godric

G_A_Potter
    Sorry about the new posts. This thread won't let me edit my posts. That said...

How does one get that really nice eye catching dark text in the title of ones thread? I can't seem to get this done.
    Can one change the name of a thread?

Thanks in advance, yours,

Godric

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by G_A_Potter
    My story, Horcruxes and Harry Potter keeps coming up with a sex and bad language warning. I rated it 6-7th years because that's when it takes place. Was that a mistake? Could someone please explain to me what I can do to get rid of this message? After all, there are a lot of parental controls around that won't allow young people to read it because of a false warning. This is really offensive to me! I feel like someone is accusing me of being a pervert!

Yours,

Godric
    If your story truly does not and will not contain something offensive to younger readers, then yes, your rating of 6th - 7th year is not appropriate. The ratings does not indicate when the story takes place. It is merely a replacement for 'PG-13.' Edit your story and change your rating.

Sorry about the new posts. This thread won't let me edit my posts. That said...

How does one get that really nice eye catching dark text in the title of ones thread? I can't seem to get this done.
    Can one change the name of a thread?

Thanks in advance, yours,

Godric
    The bolded text on the forums only indicates a thread with posts you haven't read yet. Once you click them, they'll go back to being regular font. Your second question has been answered in the previos Q&A thread. No, you can't edit your own thread titles.

10. 06-01-2006, 07:08 PM

11. 06-01-2006, 07:31 PM

12. 06-01-2006, 11:27 PM

RedheadedWeasley
    I have a question about the queue. One of the authors I beta for told me that we are required to put thoughts in italics. I was wondering why? It isn't structurally correct from everything I've learned about fiction, especially when there are tags to make it obvious it is a thought. I've been telling my authors to not put thoughts in italics and one wasn't validated because of my advice (which I believed to be correct). Are there any more of these rules that affect the structure of a story?

Poultrygeist

Cool thoughts on italics

It is not required that thoughts be put in italics, but it is a convention widely used in fanfiction. There are other conventions that are acceptable. The main goals are clarity and consistency.