Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator

MrTibbles
    Quote Originally Posted by Poultrygeist
    I think we're up-to-date on returning members to houses.
    As I was looking through this thread, I saw this post by Poultrygeist, and I think that the PM I sent might have gotten lost or something, as I still have not been returned to Ravenclaw.

If I am mistaken and there are still alot of members that haven't been re-entered, I apologise for being impatient.

-not intending to be rude-

MrTibbles

2. 05-29-2006, 11:56 PM

Mrsgeorgeweasley
    As far as placing people back into houses goes, it is a long process, but I'm sure that you'll be added soon.

*wills Mandy to check thread*

Please understand that we do have a lot of members on the board, and the HoH's are receiving more PMs than you could ever imagine.

HPObsession, to the best of my knowledge, your post count fluctuate as posts/threads are deleted. This is probably why you're noticing the change.

4. 05-30-2006, 02:29 AM

5. 05-30-2006, 02:58 AM

born4purple

challenges

i was just wondering if you put only one-shots for challemges or can you put chaptered? also who do you talk to about getting sorted?

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    It depends on the challenge. Some challenges are only for one-shots, but a few of the longer ones are chaptered. Check the specific challenge you want to do.

If you haven't been sorted already, PM the user Harry Potter and ask for the manual sorting test. If you were already sorted before, PM your head of house. Also, be sure to check the FAQ before asking a question.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

beckz4ron
    this isn't about the forum, but i didn't know where else to go.

i just submitted the second chapter of my story and it got rejected, but now the first chapter has just dissappeared as well. i think it might have been deleted by mistake. do i need to re-submit or can you get it back somehow? much appreciated if you could answer for me, cheers.

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by beckz4ron
    this isn't about the forum, but i didn't know where else to go.

i just submitted the second chapter of my story and it got rejected, but now the first chapter has just dissappeared as well. i think it might have been deleted by mistake. do i need to re-submit or can you get it back somehow? much appreciated if you could answer for me, cheers.
    With the new system, sometimes moderators accidentally delete the entire story instead of the chapter itself. That would explain why your first chapter disappeared. I suggest you resubmit. If it was validated the first time around, there shouldn't be much of a problem to validate it again.

10. 05-31-2006, 02:19 AM

G_A_Potter
    I have a drabble thread in the three broomsticks. I would like to post another. I need to add this new drabble to the old one right? Or do I start another thread? Can one change the name of a thread? I'm confused

Yours,

Godric

12. 05-31-2006, 03:28 AM

13. 05-31-2006, 10:01 AM

14. 05-31-2006, 02:39 PM

15. 05-31-2006, 02:48 PM

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...

R.I.P Graveyard???

I was just wondering if the Graveyard still exists? I scanned through the posts in this thread to see if this question had asked before and i couldn't see it so i was just wondering, is it just me? Can everyone else see the graveyard apart from me, is it a glitch like the announcements thread going walkabouts? Or have we given up on the idea of a graveyard in the change around?
    I hope that made sense.
    ~ Roxy

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Black
    I was just wondering if the Graveyard still exists? I scanned through the posts in this thread to see if this question had asked before and i couldn't see it so i was just wondering, is it just me? Can everyone else see the graveyard apart from me, is it a glitch like the announcements thread going walkabouts? Or have we given up on the idea of a graveyard in the change around?
    I hope that made sense.
    ~ Roxy
    As of now, the graveyard can only be seen by mods. However, there may be something in the future for others to see locked threads as well.

First Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

Every time I try to upload chapters onto Mugglenet fanfiction, it always says that there was no content, but that can't be true because I've saved the chapter onto my computer with it completed (does that make sense?). And I don't think that anything is wrong with my computer because I can open the chapter onto a Word document and everything is there-and it's usually about six pages or so written in Verdana 10pt. font. I can however, upload the chapters from my computer onto other websites (i.e. [Offsite fanfic link Deleted by Mod]. I have just been copying and pasting the chapter, but it's hard to catch all of the places that have formatting changes (like italics or bold). I'm sort of sick of getting chapters rejected because I don't catch all of the places where thoughts are written in my chapter and they're not italicized. Of course if it can't be fixed, I will keep doing that and just read over my text that I'm submitting three or four times, but I'd rather not (Yes, I'm lazy! ). Thank you!