SECRET SPEW VIII!
Sign-ups run from now until October 10th, and assignments will be sent out no later than October 12th.
Stories are due December 15th, and will be posted beginning December 23rd.
Sign-Up Guidelines / Rules:
- Post your request in this thread by Wednesday, October 10th.
- Requests should not contain anything inappropriate for MNFF.
- If you are currently or will be on hiatus through the duration of the swap, you may still participate, but ONLY if you can guarantee that you will still be able to turn in a gift on time. If you do sign up during a hiatus and fail to make the deadline, it will bar you from participation in the following two story exchanges/writing activities. Please, donít make me do that.
- Do not request a fic if you are not absolutely sure you will be able to take the time to write one for someone else. If you have to pull out due to unforeseen circumstances, then please notify me as soon as possible so that I can arrange for another story to be written. I CANNOT stress this enough, guys. It's a killer trying to find someone to write a pinch-hit two days before the fics are to be posted (especially in the Christmas season).
- This is a SECRET swap. Don't let anyone know who you're writing for under any circumstances. If, of course, you use a SPEWer as your beta then they might figure it out/need to know, but they can't tell anyone either (obviously).
- Use this format for your request post:
[b][u]What Youíd Like to Receive[/u][/b]
[B]Favourite Themes/Genres/Character/Pairing(s)/POVs: [/b]
[b]Prompt(s): [/b](Try not to be too restrictive. Theyíre writing the story for you, not you. Just give helpful suggestions for guidance.)
[b]Preferred Rating Level: [/b](If you donít like smut, say so. If you donít like family-friendly fluff, this is where you ward off Ye Fluffy Bunnies.)
[b]Squicks: [/b](These are things you wish NOT to receive. If you donít want slash, same-sex pairings, cross-generational romance, Sirius daughters, Harry siblings, or forgotten Marauders, draw your line in the sand HERE.)
[b]Warnings out of your comfort zone: [/b]
[b][u]Your Writing Preferences[/u][/b]
[b]Limitations: [/B](characters you canít seem to get right, genres with which youíre not very familiar, POVs you donít like overmuch)
[b]Favourite Themes/Genres/Characters to Write: [/b]
[b]Your Writing Peeves: [/b](Things that would make your eyes and fingers bleed to write)
[b]Warnings out of your comfort zone: [/b]
- Please try to make all stories wintry or holiday-ish in some way. It doesn't have to be overwhelming, even just the setting. Remember to keep in mind who you're writing for. When requesting, feel free to mention a winter or holiday theme you'd like, or alternatively anything you don't want.
Submission Guidelines / Rules:
- The story must be betaed and the beta credited in your author notes. There are no exceptions. Don't PM to ask if it's really mandatory, because I'll say that it is.
- All stories should be rated appropriately for the recipient [meaning their taste, not their age.] If you're writing for someone who does not generally venture into 6th-7th Years / Professors, then do not write that kind of fic. Also, this pertains to content and warnings, as well.
- If you wish to include smut and you know the person you're writing for will enjoy reading it, then you may write it. It will be posted on spewswap, which has no rating guidelines. However, keep it in the realm of good taste and no themes contradictory to MNFF submission guidelines (incest, bestiality, heavy kink (though if I have to explain this theme, chances are you wonít end up writing it anyway). . .you get the idea.
- When submitting your story, please include this header:
Warnings (if any):
- If desired, please also include a note from you to your recipient.
- Stories do not need HTML tags for me to post them to the spewswap community. I only ask that you double-space your paragraphs as you would when submitting a fic to MNFF (a complete empty space after each paragraph. If you use MS Word, make sure the Add Space After Paragraph is NOT being used, as LJ deletes these spaces now >.<).
- Stories should be emailed to me [Jess] by the due-date. If you donít know my email already, PM me and I will give it to you. Please send it as an attachment. Do not put the text in the body of the e-mail.
All stories due December 15th.