Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wren - Very Available!

First Year Gryffindor
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Some English speaking place that is sadly not Hogwarts.
    Hey, I know you said you don't like AU but would you mind checking mine out? It's my first fanfiction and While I have a friend looking over it I could use a real beta. I can Email what I have so far so you can read it and tell me if you are interested. I'm going to post the Summary here to see if you want to take a look.

Eva Winters Book Oneeath Eaters Rising

After the Battle, Professor Trelawney has a new vision. The savior shall be a Muggle-born girl with no knowledge of the magic world. Four years after and events start to unfold. Mysteries unravel, adversaries gather, new and old faces show themselves. Will this ordinary girl, who never led anything, be able to save the world? With the help of friends, can she finally step-up? AU

*English - Adventure/Fantasy
    *Chapters: 10

AU. (In this Universe many of the characters have not died but they will have a place in the plot.)

summary:

What if, after the Dark Lords fall at the battle of Hogwarts, Professor Trelawney had a second vision? What if that vision predicted one of Voldemort's followers rising up to take his place and bring back the remaining death eaters?

What would happen if an ancient and dark magical item, lost since the age of the founders, is the one item able to bend the rules of magic and bring back Voldemort's spirit?

What if many of the characters that died in the books somehow survived in a alternate universe? And what if there is a now new savior, a muggle-born witch unknown to anyone, including herself?

Follow Eva winters and a whole cast of new characters, along with a bunch of old faces as well, as trouble starts at once again Hogwarts.

Mysteries unravel, adversaries gather, new and old faces show themselves, and as always, the trouble starts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Many challenges await her. Does she have what it takes to save them? Find out!

(Chapter 3(mostly 5) and on is where it starts to get real fun!)

And that is a only small bit of what my story is. Please answer this!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Firstly, I would have appreciated it if you had used the form provided on the first post. Secondly, this story seems much too AU for me. I am probably not the best beta for you. Sorry and good luck!

First Year Gryffindor

U.S., Central timezone, In the fridgid cold.
    Oops! posted with wrong info.
    Last edited by Jeograph; 02-12-2014 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Oops!

First Year Gryffindor

U.S., Central timezone, In the fridgid cold.
    Wren - I posted in the Beta needed thread a while ago and I am not having particular luck with that. I read through your thread and I like what I see... But, I wonder how hard and fast your distaste for AU is? My story is a "Book 7 disregarded story" and I see that goes against your likes. However, if you could be persuaded to give my story a look see, if it catches your interest at all, I could sure use some help. Pretty please.

Username: Jeograph
    Title: Harry Potter and the Heart of the Hero
    Genre: General
    Ships: Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione, Tonks/Lupin, Draco/OC.
    Long Chaptered:
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count: Chapters range from 7,000 to 10,000 words
    Permanent Y/N: Yes
    Summary: Dumbledore is gone, or is he? Harry feels the weight of the world rests on his shoulders, but he is soon to learn that his brooding nature and desire to face his fate alone may be his greatest weakness. It is his emotions, or rather his capacity for emotion that makes him strong, and his relationships his greatest source of strength.

When the summer begins and he faces a fortnight with the Dursleys everything he knows, or rather thinks he knows comes into question. Can he... should he do this all alone? And is he anywhere near ready?

Hogwarts is to be re-opened, the Ministry officially endorsing it as the safest possible place to be. As his birthday approaches there are monumental surprises in store for Harry. Who is he really? And what about his family, who came before his mother and father? Why is the Potter name so famous, and yet so unknown?

Encouraged not to run off to face his fate he returns to Hogwarts for his final year, but surprises abound at the school as well.

Can Harry become the wizard he needs to be to face the Dark Lord? Will he let the people he respects and love really help him? And what of help from unexpected sources; sources he might never trust?

Is Track Changes Okay For You: Yes
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta: Punctuation help, mostly. Open to all sorts of input and advice.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    This sounds like an interesting story, and I would be happy to beta for you! I'll PM you with more information

First Year Ravenclaw

Username: Reckless
    Story title: Elevator Love Letter
    Genre: Romance
    Ships: Andromeda/Ted
    Rating and Warnings: Third year
    Drabble, One Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: Drabble
    Word Count (about): 800
    Permanent Y/N: Preferably? If you wouldn't mind.
    Summary: Set during the First Wizarding War. Of Andromeda and Ted and multiple awkward run-in's in the Ministry Elevator.
    Anything you want me to pay close attention to?: Yes, I often have problems with poor sentence construction and with punctuation. Need all the help I can get with that.

Thank you!

Banner by me