Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wren - Very Available!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Hi! You were such a great beta before, would you be up for beta-ing a one-shot for me?

Username: Eleanor Lupin
    Title of Story: I still need a title, actually. The only thing I can think of so far is I Remember
    Genre: Romance
    Ships: Eloise Midgen/Hannah Abbot (unrequited)
    Drabble, One-Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: One-shot, and a fairly short one, at that.
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count: 2000-3000 words.
    Permanent Y/N: Well it's a one-shot, but I should be writing more cotillion fics so maybe.
    Summary: Well, I don't have a very good summary yet, but it's from Eloise's POV, and it takes place after the battle. It's mostly her remembering what should have been a nice day with her friend except Eloise made things kind of awkward.
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta: Well I really want to make this feel real, so characterisation and that sort of thing is really important. Also, I need this to be done pretty quickly - my claim expires at the end of the day on Monday. I know this is kind of a tall order, so if you're not up for it, just say so.

Thanks so much!

Nora
    Nora Writes ~ Nora Draws ~ Nora Duels ~ Nora Drabbles ~ Nora Betas

My fabulous Doctor Who banner is by Nadia/majestic_ginny!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Of course! Send it on over!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Username: Archives: dmbw7052 Boards: draco7052
    Title of Story: The Truth Behind the Fur
    Genre: General/Romance I can't decide yet. Maybe you could help
    Ships:Argus Filch/Amelia Norris AKA Mrs. Norris
    Drabble, One-Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: This is a one shot
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count: around 3000 or 4000
    Permanent Y/N: Maybe. I have another fic I might have you beta
    Summary: Mrs. Norris wasn't always a cat. she was a girl named Amelia Norris who is an animagus. A depressed Argus meets her and they later marry. After a tragic accident when Amelia is in her cat for and cannot turn human, Argus goes to teach at Hogwarts. The cat still has the brain of Amelia
    He takes Mrs. Norris along and treats her as if she was still human.
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta:I'm not very good with grammar. And also the characterisation of Filch has me a bit stumped. I'm still working on it. I'm about a third of the way through.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Draco7052 - Really cool idea! I'll send you email address soon!

Jenny - Of course! Send me anything you have whenever you want. The beginning of my Spring semester has just started, and while I do have quite a bit of Beta work to do, I have plenty of time to get through it. This is definitely a deadline I can work with.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Hey, Wren! I was wondering if you could beta my next cotillion claim? This is mostly a one-shot, but it could extend into two chapters. If you can do this, I will send you the first installment (or the whole fic, if there's just one chapter) in a day or two, but I need it by Friday. Is it possible for you to be my beta?

Username:
    Ginny Weasley Potter
    Title of Story: I don't have a title yet. I will think of something, though (I hope to think of something).
    Ships: Rose/Scorpius/Victoire (not in the kinky way, lol. Just a love-triangle thing)
    Drabble, One-Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: At the moment, it's a one-shot. But it could become a very, very short chaptered fic, if the first chapter gets too long.
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count: 4000-6000 words. But I don't stick to these limits, unfortunately.
    Permanent Y/N: Yus, for this one.
    Summary: This is a sequel to my story, 'His Hero'. That's a one-shot ScoRose which can be found here, but there's no real need to read it, lol. Basically, Scorpius is divorced, and he and Rose are living together. At that time, Victoire is having marital problems with Teddy, and she comes over to talk to Rose. At this point, she and Scorpius bond some (because he's divorced), and after a brief fling, they realise they should get back to their respective partners.
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta: My punctuation is miserable, lol. I need help with that. Also, I tend to be wordy. And awkward sentences happen a lot too.

Thank you!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I would love to do this, send it over!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    Hezzu!

Username: 1000timesingoldenink
    Title of Story: When She Might Have Been Muriel Dippet (but I'm trying to think of something better)
    Ships: Muriel Prewett/Armando Dippet
    Drabble, One-Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: one-shot
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count: Just barely skirts 1000
    Permanent Y/N: I don't know, maybe
    Summary: This is pretty much an expanded version of my drabble for the Hysterical/Historical challenge in TTB.
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta: Just looking it over, I guess. And making sure the characters actually sound like they're from 1908.

-on an extended hiatus (though may resurface with a poem or two occasionally)-
    Writing*Poeting*Dueling*Excerpting*Drabbling

Banner by Julia and entertaining avvie designed by minnabird and inspired by an unsuspecting Wren...

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    Sorry for the sudden disappearance. Life demanded my attention and I had to cut myself off from the boards for a little while. But I am back and still available for beta-ing!

Jenny - If you still need a Beta for your story, I would be happy to still take it if you want me to!

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

Username: Unjellify
    Title of Story: A Different Kind of Magic http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=86679
    Ships: James/Lily
    Drabble, One-Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: Long Chaptered
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count: so far, 37,500 words total/about 2300 for the current chapter.
    Permanent Y/N: Until the story is done (maybe 10 more chapters?)
    Summary: see http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=86679, deals with James and Lily's 7th year at Hogwarts, including the death of James' mother
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta: My past (wonderful) beta had too much on her plate unfortunately, so I'm in the market. My SPaG is fine but I would like a second pair of eyes to ensure no OOC or plot holes. I'd also like to double-check canonicity as I am currently away from my Harry Potter books, but I've been using HPL. Thanks!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I'd be happy to beta this!