Thread: Wren - Very Available!

Threaded View

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Wren - Very Available!

After taking a short break away from the boards, I am back to put my beta experience to good use. I am very open minded and willing to read almost anything, so please consider me in your search for a Beta!

Availability: I am a college student, which means that my studies have to come first. I currently have a lot of free time (except during midterm and final exams, of course) and have been managing my time fairly well, so I am able to handle almost any amount of work you throw at me. I should be able to get your writing back to you in about a week without a problem. Of course, the longer the document, the more time it will take. If you have a deadline, though, let me know and I will work with it as best I can, but I will let you know if it just won't work so you have enough time to find someone else. I would also prefer to send a document back and forth several times if a large portion is rewritten or drastically changed.

Strengths: As you probably have noticed by now, my biggest strength is that I have a tendency to write a lot more than I need to, so expect lengthy, in-depth comments. My grammar and punctuation are top-notch, thanks to having an English teacher as a mother. I am also pretty good at helping you find the best word choice for your fic. I am very good with plot development and will let you know when it's too slow and boring or too fast and confusing. I will also point out plot holes and OOC actions whenever I spot them.

Weaknesses: I am not British, so I can't BritPick. However, I can at least point out when something definitely does NOT sound British, though that is about it. Also, I am not very good at spelling, though I can usually tell when something is misspelled (or spellcheck tells me). I do not always know the spellings or capitalization of Potterverse terms, but I will find out if I am unsure. I don't always catch errors in Canon, but that's what the Lexicon is for, right?

Preferred Categories: General, Romance, and Dark/Angsty fictions are my specialty, but I will also be happy with Humor or Contest Entries if they are interesting and have some sort of story-line.

Preferred Sub-Categories: Post-Hogwarts and Next Generation are definitely more my strengths, but I also enjoy General, Mystery, Historical, and Poetry, though I may not be a perfect match for in-depth fics of these categories.

Preferred Genres: I suppose you could throw anything my way. Romance, friendship, family, action, adventure, mystery, suspense, comedy, tragedy, ect...

Preferred Pairings: My OTPs are Ron/Hermione, Rose/Scorpius, and Tonks/Charlie. I am willing to do almost any pairing that is Canon compliant. I am also very interested in unlikely couples/rare pairs (my favorite being Cormac McLaggen/Susan Bones), so if you have a romance between two minor characters, I will probably take it with no questions asked.

Categories I Won't Do: Alternate Universe (without a lot of very good convincing and an amazing story with good reason for the AU warning)

Sub-Categories I Won't Do: I am not really comfortable doing Marauder Era fictions. I am far from an expert on this era and the characters in it, so I am not a good person to turn to for these types of fics.

Genres I Won't Do: I can't think of anything that I really don't like to read, so nothing yet.

Pairings I Won't Do: Anything that's completely non-Canon (ie. Harry/Hermione).

Ratings/Warnings I Will Do: Abuse, Character Death, DH Spoilers, Dubious Consent, Mild Profanity, Non-Consensual Sex, Pottermore Spoilers, Self Injury, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse, Suicide, and Violence

Ratings/Warnings I Won't Do: Alternate Universe, Book 6/7 Disregarded, Epilogue? What Epilogue?, Mental Disorders, Slash, and Student/Teacher Romance

Form

Code:
    Username:
    Preferred Name:
    Title of Story:
    Genre:
    Ships:
    Drabble, One-Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered:
    Approximate Word/Chapter Count:
    Permanent Y/N:
    Summary:
    Is Track Changes Okay For You:
    Anything You Want Me To Pay Extra Attention To/Why Do You Want A Beta:
    Published Stories/Chapters I Have Beta-ed

Hunters and Prey by Northumbrian
    - Chapter 15: Prey - Badger and Raven Go Hunting
    - Chapter 16: Prey - Welsh Green and Hebridean Black

Sports Day by Northumbrian
    - Chapter 1: Three Legged Race

Strangers at Drakeshaugh by Northumbrian
    - Chapter 17: Fireworks
    - Chapter 18: First Quarter

In The Hufflepuff Way by 1000timesingoldenink

Tomorrow Comes by 1000timesingoldenink

The Birthday Girl by Hotrav

The Closed Ward by 1000timesingoldenink

Albus Potter and the Room of Requirement by Theloonyhermione
    - Chapter 1: Leaving London

Molly and her Daughter by Northumbrian
    - Chapter 2: Harry Who?

Turn To Stone by iLuna17

The History Teacher by iLuna17

With A Slammed Door and a Loud Crack by 1000timesingoldenink

In Good Faith by Flourish and Blott
    - Chapter 1
    - Chapter 2
    - Chapter 3
    - Chapter 4
    - Chapter 5
    - Chapter 6
    - Epilogue

Finished Drabbles and Contest Entries

Behind My Smile by goldensnidget92
    - For Secret SPEW VIII -

Far Away by Eleanor Lupin
    - For The Fifth Annual SBBC December Exchange -

Disharmony by Northumbrian
    - For The 2013 Great Hall Valentine's Day Cotillion: Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley/Potter -

I Remember by Eleanor Lupin
    - For The 2013 Great Hall Valentine's Day Cotillion: Hannah Abbott and Eloise Midgen -

Pineapple in the Library by 1000timesingoldenink
    - For The 2013 Great Hall Valentine's Day Cotillion: Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood -

I Know Why You Smile by Ginny Weasley Potter
    - Chapter 1: Falling Apart
    - Chapter 2: The Last Straw
    - Chapter 3: White Flag
    - Chapter 4: He Knows Why They Smile
    - For The 2013 Great Hall Valentine's Day Cotillion: Scorpius Malfoy and Victoire Weasley/Lupin -
    Last edited by WrenWinterSong; 01-06-2014 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Updates (5 January '14)